The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Insect OCs

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I'mma post this topic up before heading for work, but luckily, I have it pre-written. Here we go!

I've had TONS of insect OCs, a couple originating from my original story, but most created solely to take part in a massive Role-Play I'm doing with a buddy. Said RP began as an Ant Bully one (The Ant Bully is an obscure little movie not many people know about) and it was a place where we can introduce and create our Ant Bully OCs. It eventually evolved to include all our other favorite fandoms and our other OCs. Now I've decided to submit the original buggy OCs here! I know some people might be interested :DD

Let's start with the first official OCs I've introduced in the RP! It's been years since the RP started, but I do believe that the first one was....

Mug, the Mosquito!

He was based design-wise on the mosquito enemies in the Ant Bully video game, and played a big part in the RP when it first began (technically, he wasn’t the first character I played; the Wasp Leader character from the Ant Bully was first, but he is the first OC). Sadly, over the years, he’s faded into obscurity in the very RP that created him and he’s only brought up a few times now.

Personality-wise, he acts like a tough-guy most of the time, but is a pretty friendly character. He is easily jealous of any guy approaching Dusk, his Madagascan Sunset Moth (a BEAUTIFUL creature who’s wings are often made into jewelry; look it up!) companion. He found her caught in a spider’s web and freed her from it; since then, they’re inseparable. He also dislikes having to set claw on the ground or any surface for that matter, as he knows that landing would make him an easy target for human swatting…

Fun fact! Male mosquitoes aren’t blood-suckers. Only the females require blood to develop their eggs. This is why Mug’s favorite food is mango juice! In fact, although he dislikes us indiscriminate humans (as we always swat at him despite his overall harmlessness), there has been several occasions where he actively saved human lives by chasing away plague-ridden mosquitoes. One of these occasions led to him being badly swatted and Dusk had to nurse him back to health. And still he holds no real grudge against us. Brave little bug…

Next, Mai Mai the Japanese Honeybee!

Not an Ant Bully OC, but an OC nonetheless. She (along with Shon mentioned below) is a character of my original story, Insect Wars, which can be found in the Written Word section. Any who read it would know that Mai Mai is a happy-go-lucky bee, who’s playful nature almost never falters. Her favorite past-time is rolling in the mud!

In the RP, she’s been accidently imported to America and spends her time trying to stop the evil menace that is Shon. Upon arriving to the lawn where the RP takes place, she met up with my buddy’s Ant Bully wasp OC, Aloysius. This wasp is a vegetarian and has serious OCD and Mai knew she found her forever-companion when he expressed dislike towards mud. Now she spends her time taunting him playfully (by throwing mud at him, or rolling about in the mud and then trying to hug him....she's lucky his friendship feeling is mutual), and trying to make do living without her colony. Occasionally, she experiences bouts of depression when she remembers the destruction detailed in the original story I mentioned above.

Anyways, I actually have to delay the submission Shon, the Japanese Giant Hornet (technically, Shon was introduced to the RP before Mai, but I wanted to keep this message in a neat little package). I'm currently redrawing his concept page. The next OC in line was supposed to be Hisoka the Mantis, but I'm also redrawing him. That means the next buggy to be introduced is...

Chirpz the Black Field Cricket!

This guy was a huge hit with my buddy and nearly anyone I showed this picture to. He is adorable!! And a scaredy cat that’s extremely paranoid that everything's out to eat, kill, and/or hurt him! And it's not like that isn't true; plenty of predators in this world would love to eat a cricket! But he’s also among the sweetest characters in the RP, with a real love for creating music via…well… chirping! He’s also very protective of his friends and they’re in danger, he’ll toss his fear aside and come to the rescue. If this involves predators, he’s surprising viscous in his defense of his friends.

He’s introduced in the RP when Shon captures him to give his butterfly charge (I’ll get into that when I submit Shon’s pic) a new friend. Chirpz was of course terrified, but quickly warmed up to the little butterfly. Now, he’s a recurring character in the RP. He has a mate names Chryseis and a daughter named Chatrina. And although Chatrina is not biologically his (long story involving a disturbing character I’ll reveal later), he still treats her like his own. His affection towards Chryseis wasn’t easy though, as he had to dodge the angry attention of my earwig OC, Mitch (whom I’ll also introduce later). Currently, he’s very happy with his life….and still scared of existence! :D

I'm just gonna submit three at a time, so as not to overwhelm the post or my viewers!  Hope you guys enjoy! :DD