The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why wasn't Topps in movie 4?

Guest · 4 · 967

Bruton the Iguanodon

Why wasn't he? Call me cruel and selfish, but I would have liked one more movie with the "old" Topps...having him in every film would make his sudden romance in 11 and softening in 12 a real shocker after going through the first 9 films as nothing but a grouch. If he'd been in movie 4 this would have worked so well, with movie 10---in which his appearence is only really a cameo---serving as the bridge between the "old" topps and the new, TRia/Tricia one. I believe there are deleted scenes for the seuqels. Topps may be in those for 4! If we can contact Universal about this, there's a chance we can make it so Topps has an appearence in all films. :)

P.S., doing this would mean a lot, cause movie 4 is my favorite and Topps being missing in it is just not right.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I guess he just wasn't written in the script. If I remember right, Grandpa Longneck didn't appear in movie 13.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Topps was probably not present because the things in the film didn't really concern him. Although he and Grandpa Longneck are the most outspoken members of the Great Valley (and perhaps the closest things to leaders), Topps wouldn't really have been interested in meeting a whole herd of Longnecks; perhaps also due to the fact that he'd have no real authority over them, so him meeting them would have been pointless.

As for why he was absent during the rest of the film, I speculated a while back that he might have found it awkward to visit the deathbed of his rival. Topps wouldn't insult a dying dinosaur; especially not one who had saved his life, but he would have been too proud to say anything kindly.

T'is all part of his gradual character development, as was discussed  here.

Petria

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Life's all about the Land Before Time.
Everything we do must be related to the Land Before Time.
We are going to base our lives on the Land Before Time
I'm gonna sleep with the Land Before Time videos.
My new name is now Land Before Time.
I want the Land Before Time now
Now
NOW!
Landfoot! Cera! Aaaa!
My life!!! Aaaa!!!
The land before tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

Our movie, Our lives :)