The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does anyone but me...

Guest · 109 · 8993

Bruton the Iguanodon

They were injured even in the first movie. No one can honestly believe that Littlefoot and Cera didn't get hurt during their fight. They were really ramming into each other, knocking each other around, there's just no way they didn't get hurt from that, even if it was just bruising.

I'm not talking about the occasional "boo-boo" which you can forget about it less then 10 seconds. There's plenty of those:

1. When Littlefoot got scratched by Petrie when he climbed up on Littlefoot's head in 1
2. When Littlefoot and Cera fought in 1
3. When Cera bumped into a stalegmite in 1
4. When, after the landslide Petrie said "Me hurt all over" in 2
5. When Chomper bit Cera in 1
6. When Ali bit Littlefoot in 4
7. When Littlefoot bumped his head on the log at the beginning of 5
8. When Ducky smashed her hand on Spike's tail in 5
9. When Littlefoot got his tail bitten by Spike in 5
10. When Littlefoot tailwhipped himself in 6
11. When Littlefoot got a rock dropped on his toes by Petrie in 6
12. When Littlefoot rolled over on a pinecone in 7
13. When Ducky smashed her foot onto a rock in 8

And so on. There's no shortage of those. But real injuries? The one you mentioned was from the TV series, I'm talking about the film series. The fact that we had to wait until the tv series to see many real injuries is enough to prove my point. I even googled "Land Before Time injuires"...and got a result for
a topic I made on this site questioning why they hardly ever happen. Serriously, what's up witht this?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not talking about the occasional "boo-boo"
I beg your pardon, but you have been talking about bee stings all the time. I think we really got some very different definitions there. A bee sting would be a "boo-boo" to me while being knocked unconscious or rendered unable to walk or (in Petrie's case) fly, or near drowning experiences and all that by my definition simply go way beyond the "horrors" of a bee-sting (something so negligible that I would think even the term injury would be pushed if applied to a bee-sting).

With everyone participating here having basically made their points I reckon we must agree to disagree on this issue.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Okay, I'm just saying there's no "hospital worthy" stuff

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
A bee sting would definitely qualify as a "boo-boo", especially since Ducky and Spike were not in any agony later on. I find it strange to elevate bee stings above stuff like having an ankle painfully twisted to one side (I had that happen and it's not fun), having a horn rammed against my back (I'm sure Littlefoot felt that for a while), or even a rock slide (which would have hurt a lot more).

I see no reason why bee stings are so serious of an injury. They are obviously not. If Ducky and Spike were allergic, that's one thing. But they aren't allergic, so it's not serious. I don't see a reason why the bee stings they received should be treated like they were the worst things that ever happened to them while other worse things had happened before.

I feel that you are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this one incident. I'm not saying bee stings aren't painful, but they are hardly a serious injury that requires a lot of attention. Ducky and Spike obviously did not get a lot of stings nor were they allergic since we don't see them in agony later on, and far as I know, it was not referenced later on.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Being knocked unconscious by avalanches or loosing consciousness for lack of oxgen under water and falling distances multiple times the hight of the person falling are the kind of stuff that get people in hospital over here.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 8 2012 on  06:39 PM
Being knocked unconscious by avalanches or loosing consciousness for lack of oxgen under water and falling distances multiple times the hight of the person falling are the kind of stuff that get people in hospital over here.
 :exactly

I think Ducky getting repeatedly smashed a tree Cera was stomping on in LBT XII was more painful than a bee sting or two.  Heck, even getting slept on by a pile-up of Yellowbellies and then farted on would be a lot more painful :crazy.  Ducky and Petrie may not have verbally expressed pain during that scene, but their expressions said it all :lol.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I didn't see it

Bruton the Iguanodon

Buit anyways, the gang has suffered worse stuff in terms of near-death expieriences...but getting hurt? This is more then usual, is my point.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The first movie alone is full of characters smashing rocks, intetionally or un-intentionally, and their bodies producing some unnerving blunt sounds when hitting some other rocks but not smashing them, like when Littlefoot is thrown at a rock when he fights Cera. If those aren't injuries, then bee stings aren't either.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Wouldn't the bee stings hurt more though, then those incidents like Petrie crashing into the ground when they first meet him, etc?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well, Smashing into the ground seems to have given Petrie permanent brain damage. Why else does he say "me" all the time?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jan 11 2012 on  10:39 AM
well, Smashing into the ground seems to have given Petrie permanent brain damage. Why else does he say "me" all the time?
I think it was already established in an earlier topic that it didn't give him brain damage. Saying "me" is not indication of brain damage or even retardation; it's just the way he speaks. Why should him saying "me" all the time be a reason to label him stupid or 'damaged'?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Plus he did not start using me instead of I until LBT 2 ;)
Still (and in spite of the fact that the original movie didn't dwell on it one bit) I suppose smashing through a layer of earth after a high fall is not unlikely to cause injuries.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Still (and in spite of the fact that the original movie didn't dwell on it one bit)

Ta-da, if it didn't dwell on it, he wasn't injured. Admit it guys, the most the characters have ever actually gotten hurt was the bee stings. And as you've pointed out to me, that's weak.

Petrie does say "I teach you to flyyyy" in 2, by the way  :smile

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I think the most herendous injury would be Pat's lava injury.  That was pretty brutal if you ask me.  If you are just talking about the main protagonists, then most brutal injury would be Cera's injury in "10",  when she headbutts the rock.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh definitely. Pat got hit by lava I believe. He was lucky his leg didn't char off. His injury was more severe than a few bee stings and more crippling. He had a hard time fighting the sharptooth because of it.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I mean of what the main cast has suffered.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Then yes, Cera's headbutt would qualify as the biggest injury in the series.  Remember this is my opinion, but I think this matches up to just plain old bee stings or even is the most.  Cera got a minor concussion from her action.  Ducky and Spike, though, could still carry on with their normal lives.

Bruton the Iguanodon

That's pretty weak---she also injured her leg in the series, Petrie injured his wing, and Littlefoot stepped on a sharp plant. Can anyone think of any other times the main cast has been injured other then these and the bee stings?

Also, Topps has never been hurt...

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Littlefoot rolled over a pine cone(7), Littlefoot was injured after the attack from Cera (1), The gang were stuck in the tar pit (3) (IDK if that counts, but it sure kinda does.), Rocks fell on Petrie (2), Petrie was injured by a ton of snow pushed on his head (8), and that's all I can think of now.