The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spike more devoted to Ducky then Petrie

Guest · 94 · 11066

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 11 2015 on  02:22 AM
What's your problem with that?
With what?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With whatever in the world it may be that made you write:
Why, just why? That is not right. They are individuals with individual personalities. Cant they be together 98% of the time ,even??
I sincerely don't get what you mean.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 11 2015 on  01:45 PM
With whatever in the world it may be that made you write:
Why, just why? That is not right. They are individuals with individual personalities. Cant they be together 98% of the time ,even??
I sincerely don't get what you mean.
Did you read what  I'd quoted?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let me try to clear things up here...

First of all this is a really interesting thread (not counting some of the replies back then...)

First of all, what jansenov said three years ago is quite true... the bond between Ducky and Spike is undoubtedly stronger than the bond between any other characters. And they DO spend a lot of time together. You seldom see Ducky riding on Littlefoot or Cera, do you?
I can see where you're coming from, Bruton, and I do get what problem you have with it. However, I think you might have misinterpreted jansenov's words a little. Surely he didn't mean to say that Ducky and Spike HAVE to do everything together and spent their whole life together and he surely didn't think of Spike and Ducky as dinosaurs without individuality. In fact, Ducky and Spike are very different from each other. It's true that they often share their opinion or rely on the opinion of the other sibling but they're not acting like some sort of synchronised double character or whatever you wanna call that :p It's scenes like the one you mentioned a long time ago in LBT 8 where Ducky does not do things with Spike together but asks Cera for advice on dealing with annoying siblings  :smile

Did that clear up things, Bruton?

---

Now here's an actual reply to some of the earlier posts of this thread and its original subject of discussion :p

Despite being a supporter of the DuckyxPetrie pairing, I have to say that Spike (at least in the movies and series, fanfictions are a different area  :smile ) is more devoted to Ducky than Petrie is. It is true that the bond between Ducky and Petrie is stronger than the bond between any other main characters but the bond between Ducky and Spike is a special case.
As many have stated years ago, Ducky and Spike are siblings and therefore have a very special and strong connection and (brotherly/sisterly) love for each other. Ducky and Petrie on the other hand, are just (very close) friends but that's about it.

My personal take on the scene where the Gang finds Ducky in LBT 7 is as follows:
There are a few reasons why Spike is the first to run to Ducky.
1. He's her brother. As I've discussed above, his love and care of Ducky exceeds the love and care for her of everybody else easily. Look how agitated and sad he was when Ducky was gone? Usually he's never the one to take action first (unless it's about food  :lol ) but in LBT 7 he totally is! Besides, did you ever see Spike cry before that? (I know he cried in 11 but so did Ducky and Petrie). Petrie didn't cry for Ducky when she was kidnapped. Yes, he obviously didn't not care about it but he wasn't as downcast as Spike.
However, to be fair, you can see that Petrie really does care a lot about Ducky too. Despite being the scare-dy egg he is, he gathered all his bravery and confronted his uncle and his two evil companions and almost died trying to save Ducky. Just to look at this from the other side...
2. Petrie may have been somewhat hesitant to approach Ducky because of the guilt he felt. After all, it was all his fault that Ducky was captured. Had he not told Pterano of the location of the Stone of Cold Fire (or rather, had he not asked Littlefoot about it :p), Pterano, Rinkus and Sierra wouldn't have been making plans in the middle of the night and Ducky wouldn't have had any reason to be so upset about the argument between Petrie and the Gang that kept her awake and ultimately urged her to take a noctural walk to find Petrie only to bump into said flyers...
I think Petrie was a little worried Ducky would blame him (as unlikely as it is for Ducky to actually go as far as blaming somebody, LBT 8 is probably the only exception :p) and therefore stayed back.
3. Spike was simply faster than Petrie  :lol  Okay, maybe not...

The scene right before "Good Inside" shows that they are very good friends as well but ultimately, Spike is the one Ducky is closest to ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks. I'm sorry. And I wasn't saying they shouldn't be together! But 99% of the time isn't giving them a break! And yes, I do like to think of them as individuals.

But there was also my frustrations in the previous post, if anyone wants to talk about that.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, of course they need a break from each other every now and then. Yet they need each other.
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah. But I also had some questions/frustrations I'd previously mentioned, if you want to talk about them.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Feb 3 2012 on  12:30 AM
Something I'm really questioning is, are you really a fan of the series?  All I ever see you post it seems are negative things about the series and even the characters.  Calling Littlefoot and Ducky dumb, using the F-bomb toward Petrie, saying Cera basically has no right to feel negativity towards her father's new marriage, saying Spike is weird for his growth spurt at birth...really?  It seems you don't even care for the main cast :rolleyes.
Hey, I have a right to complain about those things, don't I?  :confused

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Feb 3 2012 on  12:30 AM

Something I'm really questioning is, are you really a fan of the series?  All I ever see you post it seems are negative things about the series and even the characters.  Calling Littlefoot and Ducky dumb, using the F-bomb toward Petrie, saying Cera basically has no right to feel negativity towards her father's new marriage, saying Spike is weird for his growth spurt at birth...really?  It seems you don't even care for the main cast :rolleyes.
Something I'm wondering is, did you take into consideration why I might feel that way about each of the characters? I've been asking you this for nearly four years and you've never answered.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For a very long time this thread has just not contained anything of real substance at all and contributions by other members have either been ignored or else seemed to fuel your fury about something where nobody really understands what exactly you are furious about and where you never really laid out where that fury is comming from in a manner that would be understandable for anyone else.
These are the reasons why hardly anyone wants to post here anymore and same as you claim your right to complain about whatever exactly it may be you are complaining about, others are claiming their right to ignore this thread!
This thread has a history of frustration, rule violations (and sanctions for them) and hostility without bringing forth anything positive or a respectful discussion.
Because of that, the admins have decided that either the next post in this thread will bring it back on a constructive track for actual discussion and comprehension or else we are just going to lock it for good!
I really dislike being forced to that kind of admin work on Christmas of all days <_<

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Malte, I'm seriously sorry about this. You're amazing and didn't deserve this. I'm sorry.  :neutral

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bruton, I'm not looking for apologies or kowtows and it is not my intention to intimidate you. I do admit that my own tone was kind of harsh and straight from the shoulder in my last post.
Nonetheless, I'm afraid it is really how many members feel about this thread. It is very unclear what exact point you are trying to make and why you are so agitated about this. You seem to be angry about others not sharing your view and you seem also angry when people don't post in this thread anymore at all, which kind of leaves only the option to others to agree with you to keep you happy even though people may not even fully understand what exactly they are agreeing to (that Petrie should cry more and sooner about Ducky? That Spike should care less about her than Petrie? That Spike does care more about her than Petrie (which is an opinion rather than a fact since care cannot be measured and is not expressed in the same way by different characters)?).
There is just an awful lot of highly emotional declarations but barely any room for discussion in this thread and all this in combination with a great degree of uncertainty what exactly this thread is meant to accomplish at all.
These are things that must end unless the thread is to be closed for good. It must be clear what exactly is to be discussed, it must be clear that discussion (differing views and opinions that is) are possible and will be respected, and that there is no obligation for anyone to participate in this thread if he or she isn't interested in doing so.
If those basic principles of clarity, oppenness for different views, and recognition of voluntary participation are observed this greatly enhances the probability of participation in this thread. If this thread can be brought back onto that track it can remain open while without that I may have to close it down if chances are that it will just further spark tensions and frustration. I'll leave it open for now, but it will be closely monitored by the admins.