The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT and Disney parallels

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You have got to notice that the two do bear a striking resemblance, in some ways, to the main characters in the Fox and the Hound.   They are friends, despite nature making them enemies.  Eventually, as they get older, their fates almost seem to catch up with them, but they are able to reconcile (will we see something with Littlefoot and Chomper in future releases???)

That is not the only Disney group relationship I can see either.  

I also think that one might argue that Littlefoot = Bambi, Rhett =  Ronno, and Ali = Faline.  Littlefoot = Bambi has even more appeal as both characters lost their mother.

Littlefoot = Tod also has that same appeal for the very same reason.

Interestingly, Rhett and Ronno both begin with "R" and Faline has the word "Ali" in it and Chomper and Copper both begin with "C' and Littlefoot's originally planned name (Thunderfoot) and Tod both begin with "T".  One the other hand, I cannot see much tie between Ali and Vixie other than the "E" sound at the end of their names.

I can think of another LBT/Disney parallel, though this one is much more open and harder to see.

I'm wondering if

Red Claw = Scar.   The two both are bad guys and seem dictator-like and are the same type as one of the main characters (in the case, he's the same type as Chomper).  

In this case,

Red Claw = Scar
Chomper = Simba
Screech and Thud = Shenzi, Bonzai, and Ed

There is some appeal to this as Chomper is friendly with herbivores and Simba also befriends Timon and Pumba and Zazu (though they might be insectivores and Timon is actually a mongoose like Rikki-tikki-tavi only a two-footer instead of a four-footer.)  

Scar, on the other hand, would no doubt eat Timon and Pumba (though even Nala almost did so that's not saying much) and doesn't seem to care for anything that the lions might normally eat.  

Both Scar and Red Claw have scars that never are explained, at least in the movies or the TV Series so far (I think they did explain how Scar got his scars in a book), and their features make them look the more sinister for it.  

Also, like Simba, Chomper went to eating bugs rather than eating his friends.  

Also, Scar has carnivore henchmen who also want to hurt the main main character that is Scar's species (Simba.)  Similarly, Red Claw also has carnivore henchmen of a different species, in this case Fast Biters Screech and Thud.

Also, like the hyenas, Thud at least also isn't totally loyal to Red Claw, as he helps Chomper, Ruby, and the Gang of Five get away at one point.  (As for Screech and Thud actually being the death of Red Claw, perhaps being turned to be nice by Chomper, that's possible, but we haven't seen it happen yet.  That comparison to the hyenas, as of yet, still has a lot lacking.)  

As for an actual familial relationship, so far, we don't know, though if Red Claw and Chomper do turn out to be related, that could make the TV Series quite interesting, to say the least.  :idea

Also, one could also think

Gang of Five = Timon and Pumba
Chomper = Simba

Timon and Pumba's relationship to Simba is at first that they fear, more or less, that he'd a the "Sharptooth" and taking him in would be the death of them (well, Timon (perhaps the Gang of Five minus Littlefoot)  feared that) but Pumba (Littlefoot perhaps) talked Timon into it, saying he could be on their side.  (Which may have been part of the Gang of Five's motivation in taking in Chomper too, as they thought they could turn him to be on their side, rather than be their enemy in the future)    On the other hand, Simba seemed near death already when they found him, whereas Chomper was only in mortal peril after wandering near the Sinking Sands, chasing the dragon flies.  (Well, Ozzy and Strut seemed to be going for his egg, but they never seemed to make a move in time.)  

Also, Timon and Pumba, like the Gang of Five, were taking a huge risk, as a back to health Simba could easily get tired of bugs and go for them instead, especially as he got older and could possibly learn to hunt on his own.  

Another interesting tidbit is that I heard the Tyrannosaurus Rex is sometimes known as the King of the Dinosaurs or something like that while the Lion is known as the King of Beasts.  

(However, what gets me is that people can be ok with Timon, Pumba, and Simba being friends yet often fanfics depict Chomper going bad and having to leave the Great Valley for good and never being able to see the Gang of Five again.  Why can't they consider that Chomper's relationship with the Gang of Five is very similar to Simba's relationship with Timon and Pumba and just try and think of some way they could be together, even into adulthood?)

Also, one wonders what the Gang of Five would do if Chomper ever found his "Nala".  

Does anyone see any other Land Before Time/Disney parallels?