The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Did Doc have a family before?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know he's supposed to be the "Lone Dinosaur" but he does hook up with Dara at one point, so what I'm wondering isn't beyond the realm of possibility.  Also, the main reason I am bringing this up is because of some lines from the "Lone Dinosaur" song itself.

Quote from: "Littlefoot" on  
One day when he was roaming alone out in the west
A vicious pack of Sharpteeth came and gobbled up his nest
He tracked that pack of varmints and fought them by the score
He left them lying toothless.

They mentioned the word nest.  Does that mean that he had eggs?  If so, does that mean that he had a wife at one point?

Is he actually the Lone Dinosaur for a long time because he's a John Wayne or because he had painful memories of the death of his eggs and likely his wife too and hence couldn't settle down anywhere?

If Doc and the Lone Dinosaur are one in the same, it might show another reason why, in addition to the scar on his face, why he so mistrusts Sharpteeth and found Littlefoot's friendship with Chomper to be repulsive.

Though it doesn't state it, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that Doc learned what happened to Mama Longneck, and, recalling what had happened to his own wife and kids, is so shocked at Littlefoot's behavior.  

He may have meant well in that respect, fearing that Litltefoot might be setting himself up for a heartbreak.  I mean, if Chomper does go bad when he is older, Littlefoot could lose his wife and kids too, not to mention his own life.  

Also, if he lost a wife once before, though it doesn't state that Dara is his new mate, and likely just a girlfriend, as Doc has got to be around the same age as the Old One, though perhaps healthier, and marriage seems unlikely at their stage in life, but anyway, if he lost a wife to a Sharptooth before, I can see why he might be worried about Chomper going to look for Dara.