The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Crash... we didn't want to hear

Threehorn · 159 · 16245

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Hi guys... I know this pains me to say this to you guys but I got some very very bad news to you guys to give. Land Before Time Office been closed and packed. Yes you hear me, Universal did what we hoped they wouldn't do, the young hot shot leaders of Universal has closed down the office at NBC Universal.

Which means the TV Series and LBT 13 was the last we going to see... No special 20th year birthday surprise from Land Before Time...

13 is always been a unlucky number and that where it hit us all...

Damn those Universal hotshots... they think they know best and thinking that no one cares about Land Before Time any more... It a real shame to speak of this dreadful news...

But Land Before Time will stay in the hearts of all those that love Land Before Time, writing stories, RPGing, Artwork and many many other things we can do to keep Land Before Time alive even there will be no new films for a long time to come

Spike_of_the_Valley

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Definitely not the news I wanted to hear before I went to bed.  Before everyone panics, though, let's just work through any other possible explanations.  Is it possibly just reorganisation?  You know, moving offices, changing staff, stuff like that?  

Yeah, I'm probably clutching at straws, but I think I have to, for the sake of my remaining sanity.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
It possible they relocated and not told Aria's mum where they relocated or anyone else for that matter. Aria the voice actor of Ducky. So I got this news for her mum.

There is alot of other possible reasons, a break period to recollect thoughts and give Land Before Time a breather cause they have been bring out LBT out since 1996, that 12 movies in 12 years on top of that LBT TV Series, so many might need the time to get recharged and then come back again later date.

So closing the office down for now would be a logical step to recharge the brain cells and come up with new stuff for Land before Time in the furture. Plus why have a whole floor powered up when there no one there for the moment. so that could the reason for the office to be closed.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It depends also if the same team doing the tv series is doing the movies.  I'm sure the lbt office does not sit around doing nothing between movies.   I know some series close down things.  The classic dr who did this during the period before they would start the new season.  This is how one version of the tardis interior during the 4th doctor's era got damaged and was used for 1 season only.  Work on one season had finished and there was a time before the next season would have work on it started so they closed down things.

They may be going to a period of haitus where the offices are not needed, either because the new season has not had work started on it, and or it may be between movies as well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Just curious, where did you find this out? Was it on an article? Or did Aria or someone from the LBT team tell you?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A temporary stop of LBT is okay with me, but it being permanent?  I dread the thought.

Yet, this gives me EVERY reason to go along with those vids of mine.  It's time to show those egotistic dunderheads (I'm sorry, I just can't say anything even close to nice about them at this point.) at the head of Universal just HOW much it is loved.

The LBT-hating president thinks he knows all?  Time to prove him wrong. :D

I just hope the next LBT TV Series DVD comes out on August 26th as scheduled.

I knew something like this was going to happen.  I warned you all with the sudden removal of the LBT sequels from store shelves, but you only took it as me going crazy.  I knew something bad was coming.  I just knew it. :D

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I was just about to ask the same thing.

But also, are you sure they're really closing down? Because I just Googled those exact words and I couldn't come up with anything.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There has been a "time gap" between the release of LBT 6 and 7. I don't know if a situation similar to the current one did occur before.
If indeed these news mean that there will be no more from the land before time we all knew however that this day would come.
But what are the effects of these news on us?
Will we cease to be interested in LBT? Will we stop writing fanfictions? Will we stop drawing or painting LBT images? Will we stop singing? Will we stop writing here? Will we stop discussing LBT? Will we stop having fun here?
I can only speak for myself, but I'm quite convinced that my opinion is that of many when I say: "NO WAY! Let's get back to business!"

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 3 2008 on  07:05 AM
"NO WAY! Let's get back to business!"
You got that right!  :yes

Oh...Mumbling just pointed out that he already answered my question. I guess it just wasn't clear to me completely?  :slap

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
aww.. such a pain.. I hoped this wouldn't happen.. But we will still be here doing the things we used to do, as malte said. We'll keep lbt alive, even if the studio's not here anymore.

Btw Malte.. You still haven't seen lbt 13? If you could save it for next year I'll come and watch together with ya :^.^:

Just curious, where did you find this out? Was it on an article? Or did Aria or someone from the LBT team tell you?

I think he already answered that

It possible they relocated and not told Aria's mum where they relocated or anyone else for that matter. Aria the voice actor of Ducky. So I got this news for her mum.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
*wants to tear the moon from the sky*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

*NeptuneNavigator2001 bows out silently*
Heh...  How ironic...  800 posts, heh... :( Rest, In, Peace... *Tombstone Piledriver on the steel steps* *bell tolls* ...I've got to stop watching clips of WWE's Undertaker... :p
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jul 3 2008 on  07:20 AM

I think he already answered that

Oh...I guess when I read it...it wasn't too clear to me...that happens to me a lot :p  :slap

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ No way, I don't think we are going to let it rest! -_-  :D  (we lack a smiley of grim but confident determination!)
Btw Malte.. You still haven't seen lbt 13? If you could save it for next year I'll come and watch together with ya
I haven't watched it yet. I might perhaps watch it with Patrick as there is some chance that we will meet in not too far a time, but either way we could still watch it together when we meet :yes
You sound like there is some good prospect that we can meet next year? Are you going to travel? :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
While I can't say this totally surprises me, it's very unfortunate indeed... :(

LBT 13..what a bad note to end on...LBT 10 would have made significantly more sense.  LBT 13 just...doesn't feel like anything that could closely resemble an ending, with the exception of the closing narration using the words "land before time" for the first time.

Though I will admit, I think I'd prefer a stop to LBT over the continuation of LBT in the form of LBT 13-style films...*braces himself for the incoming riot*...
At least with the continuation of LBT all the way to 13, we got to see LBT 12, which was relatively well-done, really.

Rest In Peace, LBT studios.... :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I actually thought 10 was the end(didn't know anything of forum at that time) and I actually found it a good way to end.. When I discovered there were more sequels, I was filled with joy.. :^.^:

Malte, yes I am going to travel next year, as my mother has allowed me to do so.. I HAVE to do it anyway, for school. They want me to travel to another country next schoolyear.. I think I know where I'm going already :^.^: ..
We could also meet with the 3 of us of course, or even more.. To watch with european gof members..? anyway, that's something not related to this topic..

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Good, Iris.  Glad you can get a chance to travel. :yes
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This probably isn't a permanent shutdown, but even if it is, it will still live on in the hearts and creative works of the fans.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dang!  This news made me depressed.  I'm not in the mood to do what I normally do through the day. (I kind of have a routine.  This sad news has effected it.) I'll try to continue with my story as planned, but in the state I'm currently in, I can't make any promises. :(