The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Crash... we didn't want to hear

Threehorn · 159 · 16242

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry Malte, but you've gotta admit that things won't stay the way they are now.  Even you said something like "I admit that if there was only LBT 1 that I wouldn't be as interested as I am now and I don't think I would be still interested in it".  If LBT is canceled, it goes in the same boat as mickey mouse.  Just an old worn out show that the older generation used to watch when growing up because it was the new kids show.  Soon, we'll all just be a bunch of 80 year olds who hang around this forum and talk about the good old days.  It'll never be the same.  People will stop joining, general awareness of LBT will go way down, and there won't be any new fans.  This is especially true with the technology that keeps coming out.  If Universal doesn't make blu-ray LBT movies, they will eventually get so old that no one will be able to play them anymore except online (which most kids can't get online and download movies at 3 and 4 years old).  This is indeed big news.  I won't stop liking LBT, but this place will get really slow and we'll have talked about all there is to talk about with LBT.  This place will eventually just be known as "the forum" and we'll just come here to socialize, not talking about LBT at all anymore.  We'll lose sight of why we're here and why we joined in the first place.  I know this sounds improbable, but it will happen in about 10-20 years.  I have a lot of good friends here, but I don't want to be an old fart talking about some kids show in 2060 that was canceled in 2008. -_-

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There will be new fans.. As long as the old fans can keep it alive, tell others and spread the word that it exists.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ I guess Iris brought across in a few words the central point I would have laid out in an essay.
I will not pretend that the news didn't bother me at all. However, we have always known that this day would come and more than once have we been surprised that the day was postponed. Even now there is not absolute certainty that the office was not just relocated and there might be another movie in a few years... but I don't want to start any kind of denial and therefore assume the total ending of the official input of LBT.
It will be more than 50 years for me to be 80 years old and I intend not to spend that years in depression over the ending of a movie series, nor am I denouncing my enthusiasm for the series just because of the official end.
Many of us have criticized some of the recent sequels and it might be for the better if no REALLY poor sequels are produced. Nothing that happened need to strike a blow to the land before time we have made up in our minds, or to our group as a community. It would indeed reflect poor on the GOF if this shred of information would cause it to disperse.
Without our consent we are not to be "extinct"; I will not give my consent and my visions of the future are not as gloomy as yours Austin. Let some time pass and we will see whose vision will turn out to be true. This I think will be our decision rather than some unavoidable fate imposed upon us by some movie financers.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 4 2008 on  09:20 AM
^ I guess Iris brought across in a few words the central point I would have laid out in an essay.
:lol

This I think will be our decision rather than some unavoidable fate imposed upon us by some movie financers.

So true!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Jeez, I get back from my Sierra trip, gas prices have gone up a dime and a half, I missed the 4th of July party (they had it early for some reason), my favorite team Germany loses the UEFA Euro 2008, and now they've shut down LBT?!?!? Has the whole world gone to hell, or I am stuck in a country western song?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Jeez, I get back from my Sierra trip, gas prices have gone up a dime and a half, I missed the 4th of July party (they had it early for some reason), my favorite team Germany loses the UEFA Euro 2008, and now they've shut down LBT?!?!? Has the whole world gone to hell

Yes it obviously has.  These last few days have sucked for me as well, but this really brings down the house. :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ IF WE DECEIDE to let it be brought down!

Not for the first time in the history of the GOF I shall borrow from and twist for this purpose a document of American history:
"These are the times that try our spirits. The fair weather fans and the sunshine enthusiasts will, in this crisis, shrink from their love for the land before time; but they who stand by it now, show that they have managed to make the land before time more for themselves than a mere movie."

The land before time is the basis for our community, the Gang of Five. But that basis stands and will never shrink; though it might not be further enlarged by anyone but ourselves. Does the basis of a building have to be enlarged all the time for that building to remain whole?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Looks life I spoke too soon...
Well, I can't say I'm not upset by this, a part of me knew this day would come however I never actually believed it. I still say that this isn't a completely bad thing, through the last years I've seen the land before time going through a major identity crisis, with sequels that lead to nowhere. There wasn't a structured whole story line, and bringing in the TV series while keeping the production of the movies (that didn't even have the same characters as the TV series) was a very bad movie. I dought that the target audience kept being faithful to the LBT, since it couldn't create a relationship with any of the characters since they were there in an episode and gone the next.
Indeed it's been a rough month, I still like to believe they'll still keep on with the LBT, but if they do they better restructer their whole mission plan.

PS: LettuceBacon&Tomato I'm glad Germany didn't win, Portugal was the one that should've passed through to the semi-finals, we had more ball, more shots, and complete control of the game if Moutinho had scored first you guys would've trembled and wouldn't have passed trough our defense. Unfortunately Ricardo wasn't up to his best game and Scolari stuberness to not select a good left defender ended up with us being disqualified \: Germany was a consistent team, with a good structer, however it plays a very poorly offensive football, Spain showed you how the game is played buy players who actually know what to do with the ball, and they're a a just winner.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I don't know, how have i missed this topic before. But, reading it resulted in another reason to feel even worse, then i'm already feel. Crap. :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh!  I could not focus on my work yesterday because of this bad news.  I tell ya, I'm so depressed right now.  This news ended up triggering a bad day for me.

Geez!  I need a big time distraction from this.  What should I do? :(

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
There are many members you could talk to :yes . Like Iris, she is good in cheering people up, Littlefoot, or me for excample. :) We¥ll be always there for each other. So we help ourselves to get over sad times

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I am not going to let this down my hopes, even it bad news for us all when I heard it. But I believe it a gap period and it will be back in a year or 2 down the line, Land Before Time was making a fair amount of money after LBT 12 and the TV Series coming out.

Land Before Time came back after 8 years and look at Doctor Who the new series that came out with a bang after 6 years from a movie that was made in 1999. So I believe in my heart that they will be back! And I will continue to believe that no matter how bad the news I get. Land Before Time can never just drop off like that, we need to keep our heads up and stop saying stuff like...

---Rest In Peace Land before time---
and such depressing words like that. Come on people! Keep your hopes alive! I know it might be slim bad news at this time but I truely believe in my heart that Land Before Time will live on! I will contiune to right my stories, do my drawings and WISH that all the projects you guys and doing such a great job on to keep going! Show them that we can bring this back alive!

Continue on that Land Before Time game you guys been working on for so long!

Like Littlefoot's mother told Littlefoot "Some things you see with your eyes others you see with your Heart!"

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's the spirit threehorn! And yes, we'll keep on working on this lbt game.  :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
I don't know about you guys, but I for one, am permanently traumatized over this news.  While I will not leave GOF permanentely....  ...Yeah, my time will probably be less on here...  (Like I've been as active as I used to be, anyway... :( )
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jul 4 2008 on  06:41 AM
That's the spirit threehorn! And yes, we'll keep on working on this lbt game.  :)
And I'll keep working on my vids! :)

Let's keep the LBT spirit alive! :^.^:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,Jul 4 2008 on  04:34 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I for one, am permanently traumatized over this news.  While I will not leave GOF permanentely....  ...Yeah, my time will probably be less on here...  (Like I've been as active as I used to be, anyway... :( )
I hope you keep this forum in a special place in your heart. :)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Let's keep this news in perspective... the office has been shut down... this does NOT necessarily mean the series is canceled. As of this posting, could find only one old site on the internet suggesting that the series has been canceled...

There is a chance that this is only temporary, or that they are moving/merging offices...

All is not lost...

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
I don't know man...  I've practically given it the coup de gras in my heart...  Sealed it away...  It might take YEARS before I can do ANYTHING LBT related...  ...I think it's over...  Tombstone Piledriver, rest in peace...  (I really need to stop watching clips of WWE's "The Undertaker" in action..  Heh..)

And Iris...  ...Yeah, but it's been sealed...  I can't access it...  Can't do much anymore... :(  You know what, I don't think I have much talent, anyway...  I have this ONE fanvideo, on YouTube, and I did a HORRIBLE job...  ....Somehow, it's over...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile