The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ever been teased?

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I keep things like these to myself.  In a way there are some people you finds this an issue that you are still in to things that are for the young audience.    :lol But hey...you cares its our lives we bring in what we want to bring in and be happy.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The guys can show anyone who teases them this:

So yeah, your love for LBT is getting all the girls. :D

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I kinda activly keep it a secret.  My fanfic documents are password protected and anything I do LBT related online I do through IE 8's InPrivate browser (it leaves no trace on ur computer of where u'v been) but I mostly just do that so my brother dosen't find it, I'd never hear the end of that.  I've mentioned LBT to 3 of my friends.  One I just said I had seen the movie recently, she said she had liked as a kid and that she felt like Cera's twin (personality wise she really is).  Another I went a little bit more in depth but he's the super nerd of my friends so he dosn't bother me about it.  Finnaly my closeset friend hears about it all the time, she pretty much knows everything about my life so of course she does.  She personaly hated the movies as a kid but believes everybody had a childish side and that my love for LBT is mine.  She does the occasional light-hearted tease but she would never truly make fun of me for anything.

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
life is so cruel if your into dinosaurs and LBT :cry2  :cry2  :cry2
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: metadude1234,Apr 9 2009 on  04:34 PM
life is so cruel if your into dinosaurs and LBT :cry2  :cry2  :cry2
That's just life; most people in the world just have the kind of ignorance.  Its annoying but we have to bear it the best way we can.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Life is to a good deal what we make of it. For many of us (living with a security and luxury many people in the world can only dream of, and which we take for granted) one can hardly say that "life" is cruel. There are those people who won't want to have anything to do with you (or even tease you) if they learn that you are into the land before time, but they are not the kind of people we should care too much about. Not like they are the ones we would want to be friends with or whom we would want to be the ones to define what life is like anyway.
I have said it many times that we should not force our LBT enthusiasm down anyone's throat but that we should not too actively try to hide it either. If I imposed my LBT enthusiasm upon others by talking about nothing else while at the same time showing no interest in anything else, I guess I would end up teasing myself for it :lol
But if you don't impose it but don't make a top secret of it either. And if you do have the calm and the self-confidence to stand for being an LBT fan rather than blushing and stammering or the like the moment anyone mentions it, if you have the composure not to let every teasing (there is such a thing as good-natured teasing and also a kind of "testing-teasing" to check out how one will react) get through to you too much you stand a much better chance of being accepted and even respected for it. I do admit this may vary depending on the surroundings, but I'm referring to experiences I made at an American highschool during my students exchange. Many of the projects I did in arts class were LBT related and of course it provoked questions and moderate teasing, but not much more. I think there would have been much more and more vicious teasing (rather than good-natured jests) if I had made much of a fuss by turning embarassed, secretive, reluctant, annoyingly informative or whatever at the mention or question about my LBT enthusiasm.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
We will do our best to share mine and others Ideas.  we just have to be cautious.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
nooooooooo!!! one of my friends told my LBT secret!!!
oh well, at least they also know that i like FMA (full metal alchemist)

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: metadude1234,Apr 21 2009 on  06:25 PM
nooooooooo!!! one of my friends told my LBT secret!!!
oh well, at least they also know that i like FMA (full metal alchemist)
That is Sicken me to... <_< people going behind your back.  Don't mind them though.  

And...:DD I dig FMA its Cool.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That doesn't sound like a very good friend.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Apr 21 2009 on  08:29 PM
That doesn't sound like a very good friend.
You can say that again.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Did they attack, or seriously offend you about it? Watch out, perhaps they will try to see how you react to them knowing about it. A self-confident and sovereign stand (rather than embarrassed excuses) may take the tooth out of the bite and you might in fact turn out to feel better about it than you did before. It very much depends on the situation and how you deal with it whether any bad or perhaps even some good is to come from it.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,Apr 22 2009 on  10:14 AM
And...:DD I dig FMA its Cool.
cool!!! an FMA fan!!! i made a topic about FMA HERE&#33;&#33;&#33;
HERE!!!

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow I feel so bad for some of you. I mean, I was really never teased about LBT at all. My friends...well they pretty much know about it, slightly. They know that I visit this forum, which should be enough. But the funny thing is, one of my friends actually signed up here (his name is snake veemon, as I mentioned in another thread I believe). Of course he's only posted like two topics, and he's never going to post anything that has to actually do with LBT. Honestly, the only reason he wanted to sign up here was to find some girls :p But he's not what you think he is, he's a really cool guy in real life, he just has a knack for losing a lot of IQ when going on the internet :lol Bottom line is though, I know for a fact he's not going to criticize me for it. We've been friends since Kindergarten, and he would never do anything like that to me, unless he knew I wasn't taking it seriously and was laughing at it too.

But my god TFS, I honestly can't imagine how your mom could have gotten so angry at you for this. I admit, if my mom seriously started to get ticked off at me and started saying things like that to me, I would be all up in her face about it. She wouldn't hear the end of it from me, and I know for a fact that my dad and sisters certainly wouldn't stand for her saying stuff like that to me. That's the thing, my entire family is so good-natured and kind, that for them to criticize anybody about anything is simply unheard of. I seriously hope you have a talk with your mom and straighten this whole thing out, for your sake.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I've been teased for liking Land Before Time once or twice. Of course, Land Before Time is not a typical topic of discussion when I'm out and about.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Too many small minded people around to talk about things like this.  But I'm not worried because in my opinion I say people you can sit down and watch LBT or anything that is suited for Kids; are the ones with Minds that are more Open to the World.  Which means they can explore the world of its Entertainment no matter what culture or language it is.

Sharptooh #436

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Feb 4 2009 on  11:51 AM
This is perfect! I can give a fresh example here. Then again, I don't know if this would be called "teasing" or something a bit more... Ah well, maybe someone could tell me. About ten minutes ago, my mother knew I was writng about LBT and so she had a few things to let me know. Or course, she is almost always angry about something, so this is what I typically go through every day. She just told me a few things about this passion of mine, or perhaps "yelled' is a better word.

A 21 year old writing about little dinosaurs is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Stop being a little child living in a different world and get a life. No mother could be proud of her son spending his free time working on stuff like that. It doesn't benefit you in any way. Any other parent would have sent you to an asylum by now.
Of course, by this point, I was already walking away. It's no way different than how she always talks to me, so I'm used to it.

So, did I put this in the wrong thread? Would this be teasing or something else? Nobody I have ever met speaks to me about LBT like my mother does. Consider yourself lucky if your friends say things like this. I actually live with me mother. Later.

=O

I admire you for resisting all this and not giving up on LBT entirely. Does this usually happen?

Well, its just a harmless hobby, you don't commit all of your life to LBT (or do you? =P). Honetsly, I think that writing fanfics is a good way to sharpen writing skills. My essays in school have improved (slightly) after I began an obsession with writing Halo, Bionicle (tease me for that if you want, I don't care), and LBT fanfics. A 21 year old like you might think differently though.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I live in a crappy school situation right now. 75% of the guys in my school are potheads and crack losers who would get suspended for every reason imaginable. Also, my friends are not as accepting as you guys are in terms of respecting my passion for a childhood memory. I tend to keep this a secret from everybody, including my family. My parents suspected I still liked LBT, but to keep them off my back I had to  lie to them and claim it was just a wierd phase that I went through for a couple days. I hate lieing, especially to my parents, but I'd prefer to keep this secret, at least until I get out of college.

The other day, my friends stumbled upon my Youtube account. They immediately assumed it was mine and started tearing me apart for it. They said that only "queer virgins like gay cartoons like that". I once again had to lie and say it wasn't mine and that it was my little neighbor's, but that was the first time my secret passion for LBT was discovered.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe, well, look at it this way LBTFan13:  You're going places, they're not.  They can keep their weed and spend their lives teasing others, and it will gain them nothing.  You'll have a career and those who love ya for being yourself.  It is better to have loved than to have never loved at all.  These cold individuals will in a few years find themselves thinking, "Why the hell did I treat nice folks like that?  Now I have no one."  As for your family, I know it's not an easy thing to do, but do consider talking with them about your love of LBT.  It's not like you're telling them you're a serial killer :rolleyes:.  Just tell them, "This is me.  This is my passion.  I'm still the same guy.  Please love me for who I am, inside and out."  If they're really that condenscending when it comes to something like LBT, perhaps it's best to not discuss it yet.  At least try to, though.  Well, my thoughts are with ya.  Hang in there, get out of high school, tell those losers, "This queer virgin who likes gay cartoons is going places while y'all waste your lives smoking weed and being crack losers!", give 'em the bird and live your life.  Don't let ANYONE tell ya how to live your life.  I'm certain you'll find others in college who also like LBT and will accept and love ya.  If not, know you'll always have us here at the GOF.  You're one of us, and that's not about to change anytime soon ;).  

*Side note: Those who make fun of ya and don't accept ya are NOT friends in the least :anger!