The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A LBT Commetary

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Um... so I had this really weird idea a while ago. Basically, since I don't think it's been done yet... and because I am a total weirdo... I was thinking of doing a full audio commentary of the original Land Before Time. Failing that, maybe one of the sequels... or even an episode of the TV series.

Why? Well, to be honest, as someone who considers TLBT one of the many things that makes me who I am, I felt like paying tribute in my own special (and weird) way... but mostly, for the fun of it.

This is a separate project/idea from my regular videos, which is why I'm posting here... since I'm not sure whether my regular Youtube subs would care for this. Whether I try to inject some humor (maybe MST3k style riffing?) or just general comments and thoughts, I'm not sure yet.

Thoughts? Ideas? Think it's the most ridiculous thing ever? Want to put pepper spray into my eyes?

Anywho, just throwing this idea out there... so um, yeah.

EDIT: Oh joy, I've spelt commentary wrong in the title... what a great start  <_<

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Kinda like rifftracks? Or MST3K? Or would it be less humor and more tribute-based?

Either way, I say go for it. Youtube might delete it, though.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I did do an audio commentary of the first film before but its not as easy as it seems, I did get disrupted near the end with a phone call.  You have to be pretty good with the one-liners and jokes to not make it too serious.  Have fun while doing it! :)  Its worth a go.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds pretty awesome. Perhaps something along the lines of Wizard People?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You could do it, I don't think your subscribers will leave you because of one odd video.... I mean I have all kinds of videos and somehow people still sub me :p

Good luck if you're going for it! :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like what the MMM commentaries folks do.  They pick films they like and that they think don't have good commentaries and do one themselves.  Not sure of the format you plan on doing, but theirs is done in mp3, and they do say when to start the film or tv episode so the video will be in sync with what they are saying.  They tend to do not just jokes, but saying some related information, their thoughs and such.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Hmm. I don't know about doing a rifftrack. If I ever did a commentary, I would probably be serious about it and talk about the film, maybe inserting some humor to keep it from being too boring.
One thing you might try if you want to do an commentary for it is watch the film before hand and make a script to use while recording. Thqat's what I did one my own attempt at a commentary for the first of the Lord of the Rings films.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Your videos are interesting watch.  This Audio Commentary sounds exciting.

(note for Jit. Dragon): I'm the guy from youtube called Spiketheporcupine23 I so LOVE YOUR VIDEOS DUDE!

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
Quote from: JitteryDragon,Oct 25 2009 on  01:28 AM
Um... so I had this really weird idea a while ago. Basically, since I don't think it's been done yet... and because I am a total weirdo... I was thinking of doing a full audio commentary of the original Land Before Time. Failing that, maybe one of the sequels... or even an episode of the TV series.

Why? Well, to be honest, as someone who considers TLBT one of the many things that makes me who I am, I felt like paying tribute in my own special (and weird) way... but mostly, for the fun of it.

This is a separate project/idea from my regular videos, which is why I'm posting here... since I'm not sure whether my regular Youtube subs would care for this. Whether I try to inject some humor (maybe MST3k style riffing?) or just general comments and thoughts, I'm not sure yet.

Thoughts? Ideas? Think it's the most ridiculous thing ever? Want to put pepper spray into my eyes?

Anywho, just throwing this idea out there... so um, yeah.

EDIT: Oh joy, I've spelt commentary wrong in the title... what a great start  <_<
If you want I can do a commentary for The Land Before Time and put it on YouTube
I've already done it with Scooby Doo on Zombie Island
check it out! youtube.com/BigDealStudios