The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

how many books do you have?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I read books from the public library system in the area (there's multiple ones) so I've read many many more than I buy.  $10-$15 is not unusual for paperback these days.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a ton of books. Mainly math books. There are some fiction books.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have quite a few books.  I didn't vote since I've no idea how many I have.  Some are fiction, some non fiction.  Many are collected comic book runs.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
the only books I am really reading and which are my best ones are: Creepers by David Morrell, D‰mon by Matthew Delaney, and Puls by Stephen King

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Fake books on shelves? That does sound odd. I can see a movie, tv, or play set doing that but a person in a house, odd. But I guess it does keep them happy.

Sorry, was reading through the thread and came across that, a very odd thing I've not heard of.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Dec 3 2007 on  01:22 AM
Fake books on shelves? That does sound odd. I can see a movie, tv, or play set doing that but a person in a house, odd. But I guess it does keep them happy.

Sorry, was reading through the thread and came across that, a very odd thing I've not heard of.
I see this all the time, but it's normally in stores that sell furniture, not people's homes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ah, I thought you meant actual homes, like those of your friends, friend's of friends, parents of your friends, stuff like that.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
How many books do I have? Ooh boy...you ma as well ask how many books the loca library has, because I think I've actually beaten them out when it comes t quantity.  :lol:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I definitely have at least fifty books.  The human body fascinates me, so most of my books are on anatomy & physiology and psychology.  Dinosaur books are a must, and a few Stephen King books make up the rest of my collection.  Now, the number of hand-written stories I've done(we're talking notebooks full) outnumber my number of books :P:.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
I used to have over a hundred books when I was younger, but after moving around Virginia and Maryland, I had to give most of them up. :cry2

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I have over 100... on 1 bookshelf!

Total is probably in the 200+ range.

I kept most of my books and I've been an avid reader all my life.

You'll find everything from books on toxicology to strategy guides to children's books to contemporary fiction to classics and almost everything in between.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Timehopper,Apr 14 2008 on  08:18 PM
I used to have over a hundred books when I was younger, but after moving around Virginia and Maryland, I had to give most of them up. :cry2
Ya live in VA, too?  What part?

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Apr 14 2008 on  09:51 PM
Quote from: Timehopper,Apr 14 2008 on  08:18 PM
Ya live in VA, too?  What part?
I used to live in the Hampton Roads area (pretty close to the North Carolina border).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Site of the battle of the Ironclads; (sorry, the historian in me couldn't resist).

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 15 2008 on  09:28 AM
^ Site of the battle of the Ironclads; (sorry, the historian in me couldn't resist).
I learned about that several years ago. Thanks! :D

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Me, I have somewhere around 60-80, I think. Most of them are packed away, though, so I can't count them. As for books read, on the other hand...I couldn't even begin to count that. Somewhere in the mid thousands, probably. I was a massive bookworm when I was younger. Now, I don't have that much time to read.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Probably over 300 (possibly even 400). Strategy guides (true and print outs) and text books are counted. If packed away books are counted, possibly in excess of 500.

As an estimate, 1 bookshelf is completely packed with books (some are even double shelved and stacked on top of each other). Another bookshelf is also packed with books (except the top row - not double shelved at all). These are also large book cases (a 5 and 6 tier bookcase with over 8 inches of book space)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I should update this.  Since I moved to Minnesota, I've gotten rid of a lot of books.  If I had to guess I'd say I have about 80 or so now.  Most of them are packed away.  Of the ones I do have out they include:

*Business For Dummies :lol
*PC Technicians Troubleshooting Pocket Reference
*A C++ programming book
*Learn Javascript In 24 Hours
*PC Hardware Repair 2005

As you can see, still not a lot of recreational reading. :p

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Nov 28 2007 on  07:15 PM
I have a ton of books. Mainly math books. There are some fiction books.
I would say that my collection of books has not only grown, but the majority of my books is now fantasy/science fiction.