The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Polymer Clay Sculptures

Mumbling · 102 · 15106

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's a little update on the rainforest!

These are just the basics. The 'hole' on the leftbottom will eventually be the nest of another critter. There will probably be a creature in the tree or hanging from the tree.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Looks fantastic, Iris! :wow Great colors! (It must have taken a lot of clay to make this.) I love the tree, and the bromeliad-like plant on the right! Where’s that branch lying on top of it coming from, though? Also, what’s that reddish brown thing? A river? (If it is a river, it looks really good! :o) Finally, are the creatures attached to the background, or can they be moved? Same question for the pieces of wood.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks great on the work you've done so far with the sculpture.  Hope you continue.  This one seems the largest and most complex so far.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're quite correct pangaea, it took quite a lot of clay to make this. The branch is coming from uh.. somewhere :D The reddish brown thing is a river, indeed, but a slow moving one :D The creatures can still be moved, since I am unsure where to put them, but the logs are stuck to the background. The tree is still moveable too.

Thank you Kor! It's indeed quite complex ^^

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
An Octillery in a pumpkin; hilarious! :lol Really good job on it, too. I love how the siphon and the expression look. I'm guessing the lid of the pumpkin doesn't fit on top, though. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you! :D Well no it doesn't, but I could glue it on if it would give a better effect :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Personally, I’d be reluctant to cover the great Octillery (though I can’t tell what it looks like from the back). Still, it would look cute to see it on top of the Octillery; can you just balance the top of the pumpkin edgewise on the tentacles behind the Octillery’s head?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here are two more pictures then :)

It would look cute with the pumpkin on his head, but it doesn't stay there so I guess I'd have to glue it on.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice and cute looking sculpture.  Up to you if you want to glue the top on.  You could leave it at the side as if it fell off when it popped out of the top.  Though it would be more prone to get lost that way.

Korseth

• Ruby
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's awesome Korseth! Can we see a picture of him?

Really nice dragons by the way.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Didn't expect a Pokemon Sculpture out of you.  Looks great! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
not? My first sculpture was a pokemon and I am inspired by pokemon sculptures ;) The pokemon cards by Yuka Mori have always been my biggest interest.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm…looks like gluing the pumpkin lid to the Octillery wouldn't cover up too much, and you're right, it does look good. But it's up to you. :)

And wow, Korseth, those dragon sculptures are incredible! :wow I'd strongly recommend starting your own art thread here in the Visual Arts section to show off your artwork (you can also make a thread for LBT artwork like your Littlefoot sculpture in the Fanart and Fanfiction section). Also, since it looks like you're new here, I'd suggest that you post in The Welcome Center so you can introduce yourself to us and we can give you a Great Valley-worthy welcome. :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice sculptures Korseth.  If you do some of your own you may like to do your own thread to show off.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I finished of the sculpture I gave a preview of on top of the page.

http://mumbletothesky.deviantart.com/art/B...orest-189980636 < Feel free to read there from the description what the creatures are and what they do :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Charmander! I've started a pokemon challenge making all pokemon (649!). I did bulbasaur and Ivysaur as well, but not really happy with them.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What?! No Lunatic cow?  I'm so disappointed Iris.:p

Out of all the pokemon that i was forced to watch by my sister when we were younger, I only remember (and liked) Charmander.  And the model that you have made of him, he's so adorable.  *steals* :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha your lunatic cow will come ! :D Thanks Saft! :)