The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Been a while since i've been here

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Hey GO5,

Its been a long time, I remembered registering here nearly 8 years ago. Looking back at life its amazing how things have changed. When I first registered here, I suffered from autism. This was a place of the nicest people I ever met in spite of my meltdowns and eccentricities. In my country Autism is considered psychosis.

Living here, being arrested by the police for "weird mannerisms". I was always told I was mad, and that there is no cure for my disease. My parents left me in a OT clinic which made things even worse and I felt even dumber prompting me to run away.

From there I went from starving to becoming a proud soldier, the military was accommodating and I improved my social skills much more than ever before.

Today I run a business of my own, I can't believe such a day would come and I'm able to live a normal life. I just saw the new Land Before Time movie (albeit a year late) and I just thought of this place again. Again I just want to thank you guys for being the family I never had. I was pretty close to just killing myself.

But through here I met others, others who somehow seeded for me a purpose and gave me some belief. The belief that I could one day be looked at as something apart from a madman. I saw as the guys discussed about Singapore and from there I decided to find a way to live on so that I might one day represent those suffering from autism some good light of their plight.

Its my goal in life now to raise a generation of people with autism to have access to help, to educate parents and schools about the disorder. It wouldn't be possible if I didn't stumble here, so again thank you. Esp Mumbling, Dark, Malte, LBTFan90, Excalibur and many more

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's awesome things have gotten better for you now. And glad to Hear your life has turned around for the good. And good luck on teaching people about  autism and I hope people there will listen and start accepting people that have that. And glad you're living on your own and you're doing your own thing now.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Autism is not something that can be cured, it is simply something you live with. Autistic people think differently , and tend to be very intelligent. I'm glad that you abl;e to find a niche that worked for you. And I'm glad we were able to provide a home of sorts for you.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Hey there, Paradise Bird! Thought I'm not sure if we ever really interacted with each other on here, but I'd be happy to make your acquaintance if we didn't. Currently struggling against a serious disorder myself (schizophrenia). :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
1. I'm extremely sorry about what you had to go through. By all means, this is just unfair how they treated you (guessing you live in China or somewhere close to that? No need to confirm, only if you want :))

2. I'm also extremely happy that the GoF was the place to give you hope, to have a chance to talk to people who were like you and, ultimately, help you become who you are today. Some of those you used to interact with are no longer active but new members (like me, though I'm here for 4 years already :p) have come and some stayed. Some old members who used to be inactive returned too. I'm sure it's alright to speak in everyone's name here that we'd love to have you stay and drop by every now and then :yes

Oh, and either way, I wish you lots of good luck on your way :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Paradise lives in Singapore Ducky Its a tiny country at the tip of the  Malaysian peninsula
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hopefully Singapore will one day change there ways and treat people with autism and accept them not punishment them.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I am sorry you had to go through all of that, but I am so glad things are looking better for you! Running a business is a huge accomplishment, and it is very inspiring to hear your story. Best wishes for your future, and I'm so glad that the wonderful people here were able to help you through some dark times- they have certainly helped me a lot, too :)

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Thanks all! Its great to see all of you again! I'll still visit GO5 here and there. Time is pretty tight this year but I'm really excited for all the things that is to come. I do hope for the best as well!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glad to hear it PB! Keep us up to date , wont you?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is great to hear from you again, Paradise Bird!  :)

I am glad to hear that things are looking good for you now despite how dire things were years ago.  It is a shame how people sometimes treat what they do not understand; I can only hope that this unfortunate stigma against those with autism will change as time goes on.  It is heartening to know that the Gang of Five was able to give you hope and support during those dark times.  I know from my personal experience that this community is very welcoming and has given me support during dark times as well.

I wish you the best for the future.  :) I realize life may be busy right now, but please check in from time to rime.  It is always nice to see hear from you.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.