The Land Before Time > 1988 Theatrical Release

How have we gone this long without a remake or reboot?

(1/2) > >>

WeirdRaptor:
Everything has a remake these days. Man, the gang of five/seven must be doing some serious Solid Snake sneaking to avoid the opportunistic gaze of Hollywood film executives to escape unscathed. Now watch, now that I've said that, we'll be seeing a LBT remake trailer tomorrow.

Gentle Sharptooth:
I think its likely that LBT won’t ever get one. Universal woukd have an easier time just doing some new dino film. Part of if is problem that 2D animation isn’t popular anymore, and while LBT has added some 3D elements since LBTX.

It feels like perhaps there had been too much dino saturation with Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous, it being closer to Pixar style animation, and that is what Universal would make more seasons of rather than LBT. 

WeirdRaptor:

--- Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth on April 23, 2022, 12:59:53 AM ---I think its likely that LBT won’t ever get one. Universal woukd have an easier time just doing some new dino film. Part of if is problem that 2D animation isn’t popular anymore, and while LBT has added some 3D elements since LBTX.

It feels like perhaps there had been too much dino saturation with Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous, it being closer to Pixar style animation, and that is what Universal would make more seasons of rather than LBT. 

--- End quote ---
True. Very true.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato):
I wouldn’t really want one tbh. The original is fine as is. If they care enough to shore up the money/animators/time, I’d rather they just make LBT 15

LittleDas75:
Maybe Don Bluth won't let them do a remake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version