The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Activisions' earnings and success

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If you want to know what has been happening with Activision recently you look up this article.

I've been a gamer ever since the NES days. My first game was super mario kart. I have never heard of Activision until I've played the underplayed game, Radical Rex. Recently, I looked them up and realized this mega company is incredibly successful. On the other hand, they are incredibly hated by the gaming community,too. They were always considered a "cash cow", "masters of milking" and "cash grab company where franchises go to die if they don't sell nearly as good as Modern Warfare."

I have only played Modern Warfare 3 on the Wii and thought this military fps shooter was okay. Yet, year after year of the same game, it gets solid scores from many critics. I always thought Mass Effect 2 was a far better experience for me compared to Modern Warfare 3 but apparently those people that gave Activision 1 billion within 16 days may not think so.

Plus, they have this Skylanders franchise which is selling quite a bit off of a marketable character like Spyro, whom isn't even mentioned by name through the entire game. And guess what? They are already throwing out a sequel of this game for this year.

So here is my question to you all. Why are people hatin' on Activision when all they are doing is selling their products and those people are just buying them up like their pockets are on fire? Why and how can "Activi$ion" be this successful when they really haven't done anything ground-breaking?

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
One more thing I want to mention. Activision makes a bunch of money. So what?

The real issue is what they do with that money. If they reinvest it back into their products to give me better gaming, I've got no beef. Let fools waste their money on over-priced collectors editions. However, in 2010 Activision-Blizzard gave out its first cash dividend equal to an amount of about $200 million. Now that's when I take issue - do gamers need to be screwed over so that some fat-cat can buy another ferrari? Or, more realistically, use that money to generate even MORE money and gain even MORE influence in the corporate business world? Now that's when I get ticked off. Because that's just plain greedy.