The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Banjo-Kazooie (All)

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Knowing Tim, either he's missing out, or he'll say this is a great series music-wise, perhaps one of the best Nintendo 64 Games, as well as its sequel, and a third will be coming out on the XBox 360, what are your thoughts?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I only have the original. and while I think it's a bit of a Super Mario 64 rip-off what with all of the similar themes, concepts, and stuff), I think it's a fine rip-off at that. Strangely enough, though, I never thought music was one of it's stronger points. I did, however, like the little game show thing near the end. In fact, I have a 100% completed game and a game completed right up to the game show so I can play it as often as I like. :D However, my brother erased it unwittingly once, so I made him do it over again, though I personally did the hardest and last stage in the run, myself -- Rusty Bucket Bay.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Agh RBB is a monster, heard of Stop N' Swop? (sic)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, how I LOVE this game!  This was one of the greatest game Series to come out of the N64.

I actually got a special video of what this game was about, and when the whole story, plot and gameplay came up, I decided to try it and only hours later, I fell in love with it.  It took me a bit, but I was able to master the controls.

You probably wouldn't believe me, but, in Banjo-Kazzoie, I can beat Gruntilda WITHOUT GETTING HIT ONCE! :D However, it's been such a long time since I last picked up the N64 controller, that I doubt I still have it in me to pull it off again. -_-

Anyways, this was the secret I did to help me pull off the 100% Speed Run. (Get 100% in 4 Hours worth of gameplay.) This is probably THE toughest challenge in the game.  Good luck to all who attempt it. :P:

Anyways, I really love this series.  It's a crazy adventure game that is just alot of fun to play through.  I am looking forward to the highly anticipated Banjo-Threeie coming out on XBox 360.  I really can't wait for it to come out.  IIRC, it's supposed to come out this month.  If so, YES! :^.^:

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have a Speedrun vid? The only one I've seen is Marshmallow's which is great

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tails_155,Oct 7 2007 on  12:57 AM
Have a Speedrun vid? The only one I've seen is Marshmallow's which is great
Unfortunately, no.  In fact, I don't have a vid of me playing ANY games.  People out there will just have to take my word for it when I tell them the amazing acheivements I pull off. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I never played the sequel (Banjo-Tooie) but Banjo-Kazooie was definitely among my favorite games for the N64, and definitely in the running for my favorite video game ever. :wow

or he'll say this is a great series music-wise
Of course he will! :D
BK had some of the most well-done music I have seen in *any* video game to date.  The transitions were amazing and the atmosphere was set in such a way that I really couldn't see any way to improve on it!  In some games, the music gets tiresome after awhile.  I honestly found the music complimented this game the entire time I was playing. B)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Oct 7 2007 on  01:10 AM
or he'll say this is a great series music-wise
Of course he will! :D
BK had some of the most well-done music I have seen in *any* video game to date.  The transitions were amazing and the atmosphere was set in such a way that I really couldn't see any way to improve on it!  In some games, the music gets tiresome after awhile.  I honestly found the music complimented this game the entire time I was playing. B)
Huh. I've felt that way for a lot of games, but strangely, not this one. I guess the wacky nature of the music fits the wacky nature of the game.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Wow, Banjo-Kazooie. I used to love playing these games when I had them. Unfortunately I lost them, but I used to enjoy playing these games over and over again. I love that bear and that smart-mouth bird.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You need to help me with MY RBB :p I don't have the patience to do it myself
but then I'll have a hundred and some odd percent technically

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Rusty Bucket Bay, and Arg is kinda fitting, not fully :p XD but I'm just crazy too

(would've fit better with TTC (Treasure Trove Cove))

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What do you need help with most of RRB, Tails?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tails_155,Oct 7 2007 on  10:51 AM
Rusty Bucket Bay, and Arg is kinda fitting, not fully :p XD but I'm just crazy too

(would've fit better with TTC (Treasure Trove Cove))
Hahaham oh, yeah, Rusty Bucket Bay. :D What is it you need help with, specifically? It's been awhile for me, but I might be able to find my way around. Haha. Yeah, getting all 100 notes was also a pain. :lol:

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
mainly the 99 second run, I always miss a platform, really you just need to come do it :p but that'd be a challenge in itself XD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tails_155,Oct 7 2007 on  08:04 PM
mainly the 99 second run, I always miss a platform, really you just need to come do it :p but that'd be a challenge in itself XD
Oh, you mean the Puzzle Piece behind the turbines on the back of the ship?  Okay, here's how it's done the easier way.

When doing this one, you first head to the back of the ship and on the left side is a tube to go through.  Inside, you will find a few baddies and a switch.  Take out the baddies and ground pound the switch.  You will then get a cut scene where the propellers will slow down momentarilly.

Head back the way you came, keeping to the left until you spot a door on the right.  Take out the door with Kazooie and enter the new opening.  Jump down the long shaft and keep moving forward, despite taking damage.  Don't worry, you'll make up some of it. :P: Now, go forward and you'll come to the first spinning platform.  Wait until it stops and run across while jump flying over the gap. (A twice move over the gap.) Now, here's where you need good timing.  You need to flip jump on the gears to reach the top.  However, when you are on the third gear, jump and peck towards the enemy to avoid getting knocked off into the acid.  Grab the Honeycomb he drops.

Now, at this point, take a good look at the two spinning platforms.  You'll notice one tends to stop upward, while another stops downward.  Head for the one that stops upward first.  You'll have to wait for the pipe to stop moving and run across with Kazooie. (Being ready ahead of time helps alot here.) After you get across, wait until a split second before the spinning platform stops.  Quickly run across and jump flip to the top of the platform.  Now, IMMEDIATELY jump fly across.  You'll easily land on the other side.  Ground pound the switch.  Now, before going for the other one, note the stairs nearby.  Use them to get an extra life.

Now, the main thing about hitting that switch earlier in the seperate room was to make those pipes stop and to slow down the propellers in the middle.  It is recommended to time your jump carefully and go through the propellers to pick up the puzzle piece in the back of this room, but if all you have to get is the piece behind the turbines, you can take the long way around, which is alot easier for the not so advanced players.  Either way, once you get to the other side, wait until the spinning platform is just about to stop.  At the percise moment, ground pound the switch.  If timed right, the platform will have stopped at just the right time to use Kazzoie and run and jump like mad across.  Once you've hit both, you don't have to worry about the spinning pipes.  Just run across, jump over the gears and run across the spinning platform quickly by jumping over the gap.  Keep going and head for the ladder.  Climb like mad.  Once on top, keep to Banjo and use the jump-peck while moving forward technique to take out the green monster that will come out.  Switch to Kazooie when you land and head out the door.

Now, here comes the tricky part.  Run to the back of the ship as fast as you can.  Jump off the furthest back part and when you are in the air, let go of all buttons and hit Z to dive bomb quickly into the killing water and then hit B the VERY MOMENT you are under the water to save a little extra time.  If done well, you should have between 15-20 seconds left.  However, considering everything, you have until your air runs out to get it most likely.  Just get in those stopped turbines and grab it.

Pulling this off takes plenty of practice and a little bit of luck, but if done well, you shouldn't have too many problems when doing it this way. ;)

Oh, and as an added bonus, if you like, I can share with you a secret of the huge Box Boss that inhabits the board, that is actually used in the Speed Run.  It's a very cool glitch and highly recommended for those who dare to try to beat this game in 4 hours. :^.^:

Best of luck to ya, Tails! :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I was checking out YouTube and seeing stuff on Banjo-Kazooie, and found something someone did as a joke, but I find something kind of serious, despite being a joke.

We know the series to be E-rated, right?  Well, look at all the adult related material they got away with...

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPnK2Bl0Pk

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enbYgl_YcCw

I only have one thing to say... Unbelievable! -_-

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Some of that is merely circumstancial, coincidence, and just the way one interprets things, but some of that was really "out there"....

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow...a few of those were clearly supposed to be jokes but yeah, a lot of it was circumstantial.  
Funny vids though. :lol I had a good laugh.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I didn't watch both but a couple of those things are out of context I think (if I remember right)

and that's the way I tried to get it :( I'm just not agile on moving platforms =\ =/