The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Banjo-Kazooie (All)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i loved banjo kazooie back in the day and watching those videos make me want to play it again! I've never played the second one, i wanted to, but i never had the money and i don't have a 64 anymore. sigh.

:lol gotta love rusty bucket bay!

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
in not-paying attention to video games, I totally forgot the third game came out (third platform game anyway) and I'm waiting until after the 25th (a la requests by parents not to buy anything until then) to purchase it... unless of course it's a gift (which I will also enjoy)

I was so excited when I first heard it coming out years ago... and totally forogot about it in everything... but I hope all the "Stop N' Swop" stuff is explained further.... though I don't have XBox Live :( I hope to gain access to the BK Remake

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Playing through the XBox Live version of Banjo-Kazooie has been fun.  I've still got the good old skills, but I had to get used to the new controls.  I seriously can't believe how good I am at this. :P:

The sequel, Banjo-Tooie, is supposed to come out later this month, so I'll have both on my XBox 360. :) (Finally owning the sequel after all these years!  Yes! :D)

Now, I will say that aside from controls, the only difference from the N64 version is that they changed some of the logos.  The Rare logo has had the box around it removed since then, and they replaced the Nintendo logo with the Microsoft Game Studios logo.  Aside from that, it's still the same wacky and fun game.  The great music and humorous dialouge is still just as you remember it, and yes, Grunty still distracts you with crazy rhymes while you go through her lair.

As for the latest game, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, it's NOT actually a platformer like the others.  Rather, you get to build some crazy vehicles to aid you in your quest.  You can pretty much build whatever you can imagine and they'll still surprisingly work. (Even if laws of physics say they won't.) It is said to still have the crazy humorous dialouge you've come to love with the series.  I guess we should've seen this coming though.  After all, this is the way gaming is today, sadly. :(

I'll still give it a shot.  After all, it's Banjo-Kazooie.  How bad can it be? :)

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
yea I know the new one isn't a platformer, but it's interesting...

I really want to get the Stop & Swop (sic) stuff legitimately... since I already got them the only possible way in the 64 version