The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GoF PC Games!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey all!

I thought maybe the Gang of Five could set up times to maybe play some PC games together, if we have any games or gaming interests in common.

First of all, I'll link everyone to a program called "Hamachi".  Basically, Hamachi will let us set up a virtual network and let us set up online games extremely easily, free of firewalls and all that clutter that gets in the way of making online gaming work properly.
https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

Hamachi works exactly like a home network, for those of you that have one.  I have already set up the GoF Gaming network so all everyone else needs to do is connect to it. :)  Once you have Hamachi and you connect to our network, the network will behave Exactly like a LAN (Local Area Network) just like we're all in the same house.  This means that to play online games, we just need to start a LAN game and go!  Simple as that. B)

I have already set up a network on Hamachi, with the following information:
Network name: GoFGaming
Password: PM Me if you're interested.  I will give you the password.  I'd just rather not have it public, for security reasons.

It is all Case-sensitive so bear that in mind when typing it in.

The network is very secure and there is no way we can hack into each others' computers so don't worry about that.  All the network will really do is let us chat and appear on the same LAN together, for gaming purposes. That's it.  It's by far the easiest way to get online gaming to work these days though, with all the firewalls and whatnot.  Also, the lag is minimal and performance has been great, from what I've tried out with Littlefoot Fan.

Here are a few games I'd be game for pulling out:
Serious Sam (any of them.  I have all of them).
Diablo 2 (Expansion preferrably)
Unreal Tournament (any.  2004 preferred.)  I have some great game modes for UT 2004 for a lot of people, if we can get a few people interested (including 4-team Capture the Flag, which is Awesome)!
Turok 2
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2
Halo
Anything else that anyone can think of.

If anyone is interested in playing Serious Sam or any UT game (except UT 3) but you don't have the game, let me know and we'll figure something out. :)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would love if we could all get together and play some games together! Great idea Action! :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'm not much of a PC gamer (purely because my computer doesn't like it's processor being tested  :DD ), the only respectable PC game I've got atm is FEAR. I could link up with that but that's about it sadly. I've heard of hamachi before. I used a similar program when I took my PSP online...I used KAI which is pretty much a rival brand name of the same thing.

Still, I'm always game for a game ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've never played any game online so have no idea what it's like, apart from some of the stuff one of the podcast hosts of gfw has talked about doing that is funny to him.

The only game I have on your list is Serious Sam 2nd encounter and the demo of the first Serious Sam, that seems to enjoy crashing at odd times, and I think the demo of Serious Sam 2, which I didn't like much.   I am terrible, which is why I stick with offline, and don't have any friends really who play games online.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hmm...  I've got all the Doom games, XIII, Quake II, Rise of the Triad, just off the top of my head...  Hmm...  But, I can't go with Doom III, because my web machine doesn't have enough RAM at the moment - or a suitable graphics card, though that may change soon...  Plus, I DO prefer co-op mode - Last Man Standing mod, anyone?  And, I can't do it yet anyway, being over at my aunt's house and all...  So, if I ever make it back home - someday I will - then I just might be able to play some Doom with some of you - Cancerian Tiger, do you still have it?  I know that you posted something about Doom in one of the gaming threads.  (I also have several Doom source ports, so, anything Doom, I'm fair game; it's all I really tend to play that you can go online with...  But my skills seem to have degraded.  Ever since I first played Doom III...)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Anyone have StarWars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds like fun.
Only problem is that I don't have any of those games for PC, and I'm using a laptop anyways.  Though when Starcraft 2 comes out, I'll probably be playing that...  :P:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Im up for UT2004 and Diablo II! I love D2, used to play it so much.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, I've also got WarCraft III...  Ya know, my experience with Internet gaming has been limited to a simple game of Chess - that I lost, nonetheless...  It would be fun for me...  So, no one else has Doom, then?
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ahh, Warcraft III....I suck at it but I'm willing to give it a go. :p

Same with Starcraft...again, I suck at it but I'm game if we can get some people in!

As for Doom...I have Doom 3 but none of the previous versions.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i suck at W3, but i don't actually own the game, my brother has it. But i'll be up for a game of Starcraft, though i not to great either :DD .

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm...  Doom 3 could be a problem if I don't get the graphics card thing sorted out, and the RAM...  I'll see if I can't pick up one pretty soon...  What about you, Cancerian Tiger?  (Dang.  I think she logged off already...)  Hmm, after talking with my dad, I think that the one he gave me can support a gig of RAM, so I'll upgrade both machines soon.  Hopefully I can get enough money together to do this...  I'd like to play the Last Man Standing mod, since I don't like deathmatch.  (Hmm, I'm also still making Doom levels, though not as actively as I used to.)

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The only Game I have played online this time was Quake 3 Arena. But gaming with GoF Members, that sounds like Fun!! :DD
Here are a few Games I have:

S.t.a.l.k.e.r
Quake 3 and 4
Paraworld
All Dooms
Crysis
Unreal Tournament 2004
Call of Duty Series
Gears of War ( Co Op mode would be fun ) :DD

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
All right, Loofah!  Someone who has all the Dooms! :lol That would be fun, if I could figure out how to set up co-op mode!  (After all, deathmatch is not something I'm a fan of.)  We'd have to agree on what source port we'd be using, too, which shouldn't be a problem.  (Of course, I can't do it yet...)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Remember, anyone on our Hamachi server can play with anyone else!  I don't have to be at my computer in order for anyone else to play.  It should be possible to connect to this server and play together without me, even if my computer is off.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

I do!  Never got around to installing it though........

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 10 2008 on  11:51 PM

I do!  Never got around to installing it though........
It's been off my computer for a while though, Zoo Tycoon the complete collection is what's on my computer now.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't like games junking up my computer though.  I'll never install another game again.  The computer is for work and play other than video games.  Probably why so many here have computer problems, although that's just an assumption.  I don't hang around in the gaming section too much so I don't really know who the gamers are here.