The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zelda's 25th Anniversary/Skyward Sword

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gamers!

For anyone looking forward to the next Zelda installment, we're in luck. There were overlaying doubts as to whether or not Skyward Sword would be released this year or next. Thankfully, IGN has confirmed that we can look forward to Skyward Sword even before Xmas (yay! :D). The US release date has been scoped for Thanksgiving (20th Nov) and if you're in Europe, you can land it a couple of days earlier (18th Nov). Oh yeah, and it's NOT being ported to the Wii U. Apparently, the feature of the Motion+ has been so far integrated into the game that the idea of porting it to the upcoming console would be "implausible" (as quoted by Ninty director Eiji Aonuma).

Beside the obvious questions about purchasing the next Zelda adventure, it's also Zelda's 25th year of collecting hearts, saving princesses and cutting grass to get money (if only mowing the lawn was that lucrative eh? :p). So let's fade back to our memories of this classic franchise.

Feel free to place your fond memories, hints & tips, glitches and general anecdotes about this Ninty golden oldie as we celebrate its silver jubilee!

Happy gaming! ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Wonderful. We're that much closer to the fanbase having yet another blowout over whether this game is brilliant or ruined the series.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I remember spending hours and hours back when I was 6 years old playing Legend Of Zelda One. It was really nice to go back and remember all the difficult times that game gave me. And other zelda games also gave me some tough times but still where fun.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Link <3... Though the Zelda franchise is obviously older than I am, I do remember playing the Ocarina of Time when I was younger. (To all members who don't know me well, I never owned a console until I was 15). I also remember playing a link to the past & Four swords on the GBA. I don't know what keeps attracting me to the series, but somehow I'd love to get into the other games, including these newer ones.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'll be getting this one since I'm a fan of the Zelda series with Ocarina of time being my favorite. I've heard that Skyward sword is supposed to come with a golden Zelda themed Wii remote.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In that case, I'll put this on my Christmas List.  I have a rule to stop buying stuff after October so I can at least get something outside of clothes for Christmas.

I'll patiently await the day I own my own copy of the game. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, this game is officially out now.  It's gotten some pretty high scores too.  Looking at it all, I can't wait to get it for Christmas.

For now, I'll be auctioning off a brand new copy on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-Zelda-Skywa...=item3f10539d97

It's the real deal!  Trust me on that! :)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Can I ask what charity that is going to?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I will be getting it earlier than you. Next week I will get the game.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Nov 21 2011 on  06:27 PM
Can I ask what charity that is going to?
Just go to this site.

http://strength.org/

It should explain all. :)

I plan to give 10% of what I make from this auction to this amazing charity.  It could mean quite a bit in the end. :)