The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A NDS Peripheral

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Believe it or not, there was a Nintendo DS peripheral that allowed you to play your Nintendo DS on your TV.

As you can see, it works by sending the video/audio via component cables.  It also meant that, by hooking it to a video/audio recording device, you would be able to record yourself playing a legit version of a game, without the means of the complex camera set-up deal. (Trust me. it's annoying trying to set that up for NDS.)

It was for a time sold on-line only, but eventually stopped for some unknown reason.  However, I think I know why it never got mass-marketed.  The guess is basically the demand being too high.

Think about it, the Nintendo DS is one of, if not the most, popular handhelds out there.  The demand for such a device would be HUGE, and almost impossible to keep up with.  I'm betting they just couldn't handle it and had to call it off.

Then again, it could be due to some legal issues we don't know about.  Something that Nintendo just didn't agree upon for some reason.  However, we'll never know, but I would've loved to get this when it did come out.  If I had known it existed, I would've bought it immediately.

If I do find this being sold on-line, you'd bet I'd buy it, no matter how much it costs. (Even if I have to go into debt for it.) Until then, owning one is just a dream. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That Sucks that they Cancelled that., They would have sold millions of them.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's why I should own a GameGear instead.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One of the things I notice supporting the idea of not being able to meet demands is the amount of cable provided.  It definitely seems like a bit much if you ask me.  I'm sure using that much cost them a good amount more than normal.  You definitely don't need that much cable for a peripheral like this.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
They could easily afford this 100 times over but are to cheap to do so. But they would easily make all there cash back if they made this.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's a real shame this was  cancelled :( .

The Gameboy player for the Gamecube remains one of the most nifty devices ever made.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Because they where to cheap to make these.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Because they where to cheap to make these.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does sound like a neat device.  Wonder if they could have made it wireless or had a wireless version.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That would have been nice if they did make it wireless.