The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time: the wisdom of friends

Unknown Person

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Ah well, I added the title to Wikipedia with the barebones information that was given to us.  It's always hard to cite Land Before Time stuff, since there's barely any official information out in text.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I am crossing my fingers for something different and un-kidified.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i thought that lbt 11 was going to suck but i ended up liking it so i'm going to hold of my judgement until i see the show.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Good move! We shouldn't judge something until we've seen it. Perhaps it will be more intelligent than its outer appearance would suggest. "The Wisdom of Friends"... I wonder what the plot will be about. Also, this movie should be the first to include Ruby and the third to include Chomper.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ratiasu,Aug 8 2007 on  01:10 PM
I am crossing my fingers for something different and un-kidified.
A lovely thought, but that's very unlikely.

And I somehow doubt Ruby and Chomper will be in it, unless that trailer is just the surface of this project. That's what I'm hoping for -- the explanation to Ruby and Chomper's appearance.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It would be odd for them not to appear; it's already established that they are in the valley.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
This movie could be set before Chomper and Ruby enter the Great Valley.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I honestly don't think that new characters is the answer.  They need to come up with a new and exciting idea.  Dear god.  I just thought of something.  What if these two weird characters joined the gang?  If that actually happened, I think I'd lose all of my faith in LBT and I would never watch another new sequal.  Who knows though?  They're getting really weird.  It's almost like someone else is creating LBT now. :(

I would be in favor of more guest characters, but I think I'm gonna have a problem with these two.  They're just so...childish it's not even funny.  Reminds me of that old show I used to watch when I was 4.  "Dragon Tales" or something like that.  LBT is changing.  It's more targeted to toddlers now.

It's like Universal is desperate for ideas.  I cannot believe these characters are also created by Judy Freudberg and Tony Geiss.  They did so good with the original five.

I must say that I've had knots in my stomach since I first laid eyes on these two.  The rainbow faces were kinda weird too, but these really look like...imaginary creatures.  I must say that I'm looking forward to seeing it, not because I really want to see it for some great entertainment, but because I want some reassurrance that LBT isn't completely ruined.  Seriously, I feel sick to my stomach right now, like when I heard the song "oops eeps" but even worse.  If they've ruined a sequal...I don't know what I'll do.  I'm sorry, but no smiley is appropriate for my feelings right now.  I'm worried to no end and I feel like I have the flu.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 8 2007 on  06:13 PM
I honestly don't think that new characters is the answer.  They need to come up with a new and exciting idea.  Dear god.  I just thought of something.  What if these two weird characters joined the gang?  If that actually happened, I think I'd lose all of my faith in LBT and I would never watch another new sequal.  Who knows though?  They're getting really weird.  It's almost like someone else is creating LBT now. :(

I would be in favor of more guest characters, but I think I'm gonna have a problem with these two.  They're just so...childish it's not even funny.  Reminds me of that old show I used to watch when I was 4.  "Dragon Tales" or something like that.  LBT is changing.  It's more targeted to toddlers now.

It's like Universal is desperate for ideas.  I cannot believe these characters are also created by Judy Freudberg and Tony Geiss.  They did so good with the original five.

I must say that I've had knots in my stomach since I first laid eyes on these two.  The rainbow faces were kinda weird too, but these really look like...imaginary creatures.  I must say that I'm looking forward to seeing it, not because I really want to see it for some great entertainment, but because I want some reassurrance that LBT isn't completely ruined.  Seriously, I feel sick to my stomach right now, like when I heard the song "oops eeps" but even worse.  If they've ruined a sequal...I don't know what I'll do.  I'm sorry, but no smiley is appropriate for my feelings right now.  I'm worried to no end and I feel like I have the flu.
New characters is an answer to help making the movies more interesting, to increase variety. It would not be a good idea to just keep focusing on the original 5. In my opinion, that gets boring after a while. No offense.

I don't really see anything wrong with those two characters. What's wrong with having playful characters in the movies?

And childish? LBT is geared towards children. That should be expected.

And those two cannot be part of the gang. This movie takes place either before Ruby and Chomper get into the valley or when they arrive. Tell me, in the series, do we ever see those two therizinosaurs hanging out with LF and the gang? I don't think so.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It would not be a good idea to just keep focusing on the original 5. In my opinion, that gets boring after a while. No offense.

I think that so long as they keep coming up with new stories, there is no need for any new characters.  Guest characters are fine, but any new additions to the gang will never be welcomed by me.  This includes Ruby and Chomper.  I like those characters, I just think that they would have been best as guest characters only.  Having 7 main characters severly limits each character's screen time.  5 was a perfect number.  They arn't doing too good a job of giving each character the spotlight in the tv series and I'm afraid that the same will happen in the sequals.  I guess what I like about this movie is that the characters are real creatures.  I just hate it when there's some sort of weird creature that was created in the studio's and does and did never and will never exist.  I just have a really bad feeling about this one... :(

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I still think keeping just 5 characters all the time is a bad idea. This increases the chances of overusing a character, and that's never a good thing. The character loses its.. charm I could say. So that's why new characters can be an important element, because they bring something new to the series.

There is really nothing wrong with Littlefoot and the others inviting more characters to hang out with them. They aren't going to avoid Ruby and Chomper just for the sake of being "Gang of Five". It would make senes for them to hang out with two more characters, even if it's just temporarily. It would be illogical, in my opinion, for them to exclude Ruby and Chomper just because of the whole "Gang of Five" business.

I just hate it when there's some sort of weird creature that was created in the studio's and does and did never and will never exist.

Actually this is incorrect. Every creature in the show and movies are based on actual creatures that had existed. What creatures do you think were made up?

And I'm not referring to dragons or the imaginary friends. Remember, imaginary friends don't really exist; they are just in the minds, and the dragon appeared in a dream, and anything can occur in a dream.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually this is incorrect. Every creature in the show and movies are based on actual creatures that had existed. What creatures do you think were made up?

I wasn't speaking of LBT, I was speaking of animated shows in general

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well what's wrong with mythological creatures? What's wrong with inventing something that doesn't really exist? Imagination is fun. I wouldn't like it if all shows had only real things and don't use imagination to create something unique and interesting.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There is really nothing wrong with Littlefoot and the others inviting more characters to hang out with them. They aren't going to avoid Ruby and Chomper just for the sake of being "Gang of Five". It would make senes for them to hang out with two more characters, even if it's just temporarily. It would be illogical, in my opinion, for them to exclude Ruby and Chomper just because of the whole "Gang of Five" business.

That's not what I meant.  I meant that I regret them adding Chomper and Ruby to the gang cuz of the lack of screen time.  I think they should leave the great valley ASAP.  I love having guest characters, but too many main characters gets messy.

Well what's wrong with mythological creatures? What's wrong with inventing something that doesn't really exist? Imagination is fun.

Well...I don't know how to say this without sounding rude, but I think that imaginary creatures are...like...really...stupid.  No offence intended.  I just don't see why this is necessary.  It makes the show more child-like to me.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Geeze, just bite my head off, why don't you? :o

Are you saying my alimons are stupid too?

Sorry.  I dunno what you mean. :unsure:

And I disagree with everything you said in your last post.  It's my opinion, not a fact.  You have your opinion too, so that's just the way it is.  We can't always agree. <_<

I think imaginary creatures are great, so long as they're not mixed with real ones.  That's just weird in my opinion.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Before this gets too ugly, please allow me to add my thoughts here:

Landbeforetimelover, you clearly used the following terms:
I don't know how to say this without sounding rude
I think that
No offence intended
To me this says that your statement, "imaginary creatures are...like...really...stupid" was your personal opinion and not intended to be at all hostile.  

I must say that your word choice (stupid) was not what we would consider friendly, whether it was an opinion or not.  As an alternative, one could have said something like,
"Imaginary creatures aren't interesting to me" or something similar.  Calling another person's idea stupid, whether it's fact or opinion, is generally not a good way to get on somebody's good side. ;)

I do appreciate your use of "no offense", "I don't know how to say this" and "I think" (implying and reassuring that it was only an opinion).

Darkhououmon, you are obviously upset.  Landbeforetimelover is not aware of your connnection to imaginary creatures (she created the fictional Alimon species, found in fanart and fanfics, LBTlover).  I felt that your use of absolute terms, such as:
They aren't stupid
They are unique and interesting
No, there is not.
It is in no way stupid.

were a little inappropriate in this circumstance, simply because you imply that your *Opinions* are pure fact and always correct while LBTlover's *Opinions* are always incorrect.  Obviously, as we observe in this conversation, that is not true.  LBTlover clearly states that his opinion significantly differs from yours.  Neither one of you are stating facts.

LBTlover, please try to be more careful with wording in the future, especially if you want to avoid future conflicts such as these.

Darkhououmon, while I understand your reaction, partly due to your strong connections to the imagination and to your creations, this is one situation where understanding needs to exist in the minds of Both parties.  Your response implies that LBTlover's opinions have no value and that is just as inappropriate as LBTlover's comments to you.

It is situations like these where people realize the importance of interpretation.  There was clearly some miscommunication here, partly from people not fully understanding how the other thinks (or choosing not to consider it).  In short: Know your audience and issues will take care of themselves sometimes. B)  That's a lesson for everyone. :yes

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I basicly don't care what happens just as long as the movie/charcters are good and I hoping we don't start anything here. ;)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You know, those two characters probably aren't permanent; there have never been two permanent characters of the same species in the group of seven main characters. And they are based on real, not imaginary, animals (although the movie takes its liberties in designing them.)