The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Board Activity Decreaced?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Petrie brought up an interesting point a day or so ago.  I have noticed a severe decrease in board activity since I joined about 3 months ago.  I'm wondering if it's because it's summer time and everyone's living outdoors now.  Has your activity on the board decreased?  If so is it due to the weather?  I know that the weather is irrelevent of me being here.  I'm always on the computer.  What about you?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Board activity decreasing? That is really no surprise, or any big deal. It's normal for board activities to fluncuate during the year. It's not going to stay the same all the time.

I don't really have any summer activities. Back in IL, I used to ride my bike during the summer, but since I moved here, I have not been able to because there's no sidewalks close to my house and we live next to a busy road.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
during the summer this is ususally normal, it will pick up again :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't really have any summer activities. Back in IL, I used to ride my bike during the summer, but since I moved here, I have not been able to because there's no sidewalks close to my house and we live next to a busy road.

Your activity on GOF has increased since I joined Darkhououmon.  I have no idea why, but it's nice to have very active people like you here.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My brother and father are in IL at the moment for a job, so that gives me more access to the computer.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 31 2007 on  08:04 PM
I have noticed a severe decrease in board activity since I joined about 3 months ago.
So have I. I've also noticed it takes about two or so days to get a reply whenever I post something in the Games section. But, I'm one of the more active members. I don't usually go out in the summer, except around sunset to evening.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I said in the other thread wherever it is that people get out and about in the summer months.  Most people do that.  I don't mind that people are out having a good time and are not here for weeks.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't mind that people are out having a good time and are not here for weeks.

Hehe.  I haven't gone a day without at least posting something here since I joined.  I couldn't imagine going weeks :o People can spend 2 minutes on GOF a day to post something.  I spend more time here than I should and I don't think that anyone here should be here as often as I am, but they should at least be able to make one post a day, no matter how busy they are, unless they don't have computer access or something.  If everyone did that, we shure would be an active forum! :yes

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 5 2007 on  02:08 PM
Hehe.  I haven't gone a day without at least posting something here since I joined.  I couldn't imagine going weeks :o People can spend 2 minutes on GOF a day to post something.  I spend more time here than I should and I don't think that anyone here should be here as often as I am, but they should at least be able to make one post a day, no matter how busy they are, unless they don't have computer access or something.  If everyone did that, we shure would be an active forum! :yes
"They should at least be able to make one post a day, no matter how busy they are"? Is it really that important to you to keep the board's activity from lowering?

Honestly, no one is forced to make a post here. There is no rule stating that each member must make a post no matter how busy they are. I mean sure, coming onto this board is fun and all, but there are more important things for members to worry about.

The Gang of Five does not come first in the list of important things to do. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 5 2007 on  02:51 PM
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 5 2007 on  02:08 PM
Hehe.  I haven't gone a day without at least posting something here since I joined.  I couldn't imagine going weeks :o People can spend 2 minutes on GOF a day to post something.  I spend more time here than I should and I don't think that anyone here should be here as often as I am, but they should at least be able to make one post a day, no matter how busy they are, unless they don't have computer access or something.  If everyone did that, we shure would be an active forum! :yes
"They should at least be able to make one post a day, no matter how busy they are"? Is it really that important to you to keep the board's activity from lowering?

Honestly, no one is forced to make a post here. There is no rule stating that each member must make a post no matter how busy they are. I mean sure, coming onto this board is fun and all, but there are more important things for members to worry about.

The Gang of Five does not come first in the list of important things to do. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
Now here's something I can agree to. Then again, I'm averaging upwards of 9.5 posts a day, so I'm probably more active here than I probably should be....

Cajun Whirlybird

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, keep in mind that people have their priorities. I'm pretty busy offline and message boards are usually the last thing I think about. Just letting you know.  :DD

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Your avatar 404ed.

Also, welcome to the Gang of Five, Cajun Whirlybird! Please enjoy your stay here with your fellow LBT fans! I'm glad you finally decided to post up after lurking here after registering. You must be pretty busy in the real world. :DD

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, keep in mind that people have their priorities.

I agree there. Oh, by the way, welcome to the boards Cajun Whirlybird. :)

Cajun Whirlybird

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thank you for the warm welcome! I really like it here! And thanks for the heads-up on my mugshot.  :lol