The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An upcoming fanfic in the works...

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Greetings. I am proud to announce that I am in the planning stages of working on a LBT fanfiction. No, not some plain ol' one-shotter; I already have written a couple of those earlier this year (actually, only one of them is finished and published on FanFiction, see my account on my signature; but I warn you, it's...quite odd, to say the least). I am talking about a full-length, action-adventure fanfiction; my first attempt at such a genre of any type; which I am sure that anyone who even bothers to read it will be, at the very least, left impressed over my ever-increasing writing skills.

Of course, by now, many of you are probably going "blah-blah-blah, get to the point already!", so I will. The story is entitled, "The Adventures of Petrie in Threehorn Valley", because after all, there aren't enough stories featuring Petrie as a major character *sarcasm**sarcasm* (In any case, it still holds very true). I am sure that much of the members here know well about the TV series (with this story taking place almost immediately following the events of it), as well as the episode, "The Days of Rising Waters", in which Petrie holds custody of a snuggling stick. Now, in this story, Petrie's love for such an object will be shown. When Cera ends up tossing the stick elsewhere (after a few other events), Petrie finds it, but at that precise moment, a big wind occurs, which ends with him landing in an unconscious state. He wakes up to find himself in a place called Threehorn Valley, which is (you guessed it) the valley of threehorns. Knowing threehorns, Petrie knows that he would not get help or even be respected by anybody, and of course, that is just what he gets from all. All except a little gray threehorn named Harper who helps him locate a mountain nearby the valley, where the main antagonist resides; Mimus, a greedy rainbowface who has not shared anything with anyone since he was young.

(BTW, for those participating in Ducky123's RP, "A Sudden Change of Species", in which I play the rainbowface known as Mimus, it is just the male rainbowface from movie 7 with a given name, therefore, he has no relation to this story whatsoever. Please be advised.)

The journey is perilous, especially without Petrie's friends (and his snuggling stick, which had been snatched by Mimus), but luckily for him, they are all aware of his disappearance enough to locate Threehorn Valley; at the recommendation of Cera; with one mission intended: to rescue Petrie from Mimus.

The story will contain quite a bit of fourth-wall breaking (in which the characters acknowledge the audience or author, among other things); most of it coming from Petrie, as well as Ruby and Chomper, both of whom appear in the story and outside the border (if you know what I mean) of the story as well, mainly for laughs. I personally thought it would be a good idea, just for kicks.

The story will also contain five original songs. Shown here is a brief demo of what is finished of the first song that will be featured in the story, entitled "Together As One". My vocals are not included in it for fear of not being ready to display them just yet, but lyrics are included, so you should have an idea over what you are going to hear ahead of time.

Well, I think there's no more to be said that doesn't give away too much info. Normally, I'm not a speech writer either, but at least I've improved compared to the last year that I've been a member here. The story will be displayed both on this site and on FanFiction once I am ready to begin posting.

That is all. I look forward to hearing and responding to any questions or comments you may have about the story-to-be.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Expect my reviews whenever you're posting this :yes Some unique writing elements have never hurt as well so I'm really looking forward to reading what you will show us :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This sounds interesting.  A bit of fourth wall breaking from Petrie sounds like an fascinating (and potentially humorous) writing element in particular, as of the characters to potentially break the fourth wall Petrie seems like the best fit in my opinion.  I look forward to reading your story.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.