The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Turning Traitor

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Do you think there should be a traitor in The Land Before Time, like Dennis T. Nedry who was a grossly overweight, sloppy man who was very much disliked by his co-workers and is Jurassic Park's chief computer programmer. But in The Land Before Time instead of him agreeing to smuggle embryos of all 15 dinosaur species off of Isla Nublar for Dodgson, instead he would make the guards leave there post so Ozzy and Strut could go inside the cave and kidnap Littlefoot as Red Claws hostage, to use as bait for the others. Do you think it's a good idea or not?

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Sounds plausible, but to make someone, particularly a LBT regular, to turn on his friends, the reason had better be good. Don't forget Dennis was up to his eyeballs in debt, so the big bucks promised to him was reason enough to steal dino embryos. On the other hand, what is gained by the LBT turncoat? Can't be money. So what will your traitor character get in return for deceiving his friends.

BTW why not write up a few short scenes of your fan fiction and let us read them. The ideas are there but please get them in print for others to see. And don't worry about if it's too "weird". My stuff is pretty left of center, and somehow people actually like it. Go figure.
 :DD

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Here's the answer to this quote:
Quote from: crazedwriter,Apr 27 2009 on  03:01 PM
So what will your traitor character get in return for deceiving his friends.
Actually, the character is part of the "Flattooth Herd Defenders," the leader asked to take care of the kids. He turned traitor, so he could get food, because it would be a dry season outside the Great Valley, during the 18th-20th movies.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Crazedwriter has a point, try posting some drafts and we'll look them over.

Don't worry about it being too weird. My LBT story breaks the canon and it's quite popular.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Apr 27 2009 on  11:10 PM
Crazedwriter has a point, try posting some drafts and we'll look them over.

Don't worry about it being too weird. My LBT story breaks the canon and it's quite popular.
You mean post some topics, that might help me create my movie ideas, and you'll look them over?

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Quote from: JBJB1029,Apr 28 2009 on  08:46 AM
You mean post some topics, that might help me create my movie ideas, and you'll look them over?

Not just topics but whole paragraphs. Maybe the opening scene of your story. Post them so we can read and comment on it. Just start it, "Once upon a time" or something on those lines then take it from there.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Also I think that with whatever ideas you may have, and no matter whether those ideas have been there in another story before, you should not try too much to look at other stories for your own. I think a "traitor plot" can work out in a land before time story. I do not think however that any good can come out of a story with ideas being copy pasted from other stories with not much more than the names being changed. One can always tell which story it is from then and there is a huge difference between ideas being "inspired by" or ideas being "ripped off from" in my opinion.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 28 2009 on  12:57 PM
Also I think that with whatever ideas you may have, and no matter whether those ideas have been there in another story before, you should not try too much to look at other stories for your own. I think a "traitor plot" can work out in a land before time story. I do not think however that any good can come out of a story with ideas being copy pasted from other stories with not much more than the names being changed. One can always tell which story it is from then and there is a huge difference between ideas being "inspired by" or ideas being "ripped off from" in my opinion.
But I have trouble trying to type up a story, without coping and pasting it from other stories, into mine and editing it. It's one of my few flaws, which I'm not very happy of :cry2 .

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
But if one is aware of a flaw, and perceives the flaw as such, one can try to work on it.
I think a "traitor plot" can work out in LBT but the "Jurassic Park traitor plot" can not be pasted into LBT just like that. Perhaps you are looking a bit too much at what others have already written when thinking about what to write yourself? :unsure:

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
But I have trouble trying to type up a story, without coping and pasting it from other stories, into mine and editing it.

Then I suggest you to work through basics by (for example) joining some RP here. It should teach you to use more your own imagination and experience in that may help you when you will be writting a story.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 29 2009 on  02:42 AM
But if one is aware of a flaw, and perceives the flaw as such, one can try to work on it.
I think a "traitor plot" can work out in LBT but the "Jurassic Park traitor plot" can not be pasted into LBT just like that. Perhaps you are looking a bit too much at what others have already written when thinking about what to write yourself? :unsure:
The Land Before Time Traitor Plot would be Different compared to the "Jurassic Park traitor plot," except the Traitor in both polts, dies from the same dinosaur.
Quote from: Myrkin,Apr 29 2009 on  07:04 AM
But I have trouble trying to type up a story, without coping and pasting it from other stories, into mine and editing it.

Then I suggest you to work through basics by (for example) joining some RP here. It should teach you to use more your own imagination and experience in that may help you when you will be writting a story.
What does RP stand for?

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It stand for Role Playing - the type of game where you are playing as one (or few) characters with other people who lead their own characters.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Myrkin,Apr 29 2009 on  05:06 PM
It stand for Role Playing.
That's basically.. You get a role, a certain character you have to act for. Others control other characters. This might lead a story into a whole different direction then you might have thought it went, and your character just plays along :) It's a nice way of creating a story, since it might become really good thanks to everyone's imagination.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh. I edited my post to explain this matter more, in the same moment you posted your own explenation, Mumbling. Nice timing. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha sorry about that. Thought it'd be nice to clear up some thing for him. :p

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am not mad at all. Its good that you posted, because even my edited post still doesnt tell so much about RP as yours. ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Heh, and that while I'm not so much into RPs.

I'll stop spamming this topic now ;)

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 29 2009 on  01:10 PM
Heh, and that while I'm not so much into RPs.

I'll stop spamming this topic now ;)
Good idea, because I was afraid you were going to give my computer a virus :lol: (It's a joke).