The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rain and Gale the Rainbow Faces, with Bios! :D

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Take note this is a work in progress currently, and have just gotten  into a beta stage of coloring meaning I'm unsure if her colors will change or not. I need opinions on her as to see if she seems like a fine character. <3

EDIT - I'd also like to say thanks to Pangaea for providing info about the species for me <3 You really helped! <3

Name - Rain ( Origin - from the casual name Rainbow Face )
Image - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Kin...l/sdwdsfdwf.png ( May possibly be altered. Take note this was a quick ink, plus my first time drawing a dinosaur in general )
Gender -  Female
Age Range - Young adult- adult
Species - Rainbow Face
Colors - Grey-Blue with dark blue markings ( appearing as eye shadow on her eyes ), a yellow-beige underbelly, and red-orange + yellow marks.
Personality - somewhat excitable and curious when interested in something or someone. She is more or less just a shy quiet type only hanging around Gale. Her eyes are always relaxed giving her this caring almost flirty look even when upset.  she is more open when trusting someone ( Often very friendly and loving ) but will commonly go away when confronted due to her quiet nature and usually has to be coaxed by Gale in some way. ( possibly to be altered )
History - Born with two brothers and a sister, much like Littlefoot and his friends she was separated from her family. On her search for them she ran into Gale and his family then stuck to them as they made their way through the danger. It did take a while for her to open up to Gale but is now very fond with him. She has yet to find her family and currently wonders about the great valley hoping to be reunited one day.

Name - Gale ( Origin - Galimimus )
Image - TBA
Gender - Male
Age Range - Young adult- adult
Species - Rainbow Face
Colors - TBA
Personality -  Much more social than Rain he is often found talking to another dinosaur when having nothing to do. Like Rain he can be curious to something that interests him but is much more calmer than her. He is a calming type, making Rain feel assured very often and protecting her when danger is around. He is more quiet with his history than Rain is and is not fond of thinking or speaking of it. He enjoy adventures more than Rain does who tends to be rather afraid. ( Possibly to be altered )
History - Unlike many other of the hatchlings Gale was not separated from his parents during the big earthshake and set with them to find the Great Valley. Upon finding rain he asked his parents for her to join and they agreed. Gale was born a only hatchling and his parents see Rain as a second child to them. He now spends much of his time with Rain

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks real nice Kar. I know its a worl in progress. I've commissioned drawings before and I know its a lengthy process, with drawings and redrawings etc . a drawing is never truly "done' especially if you are a perfectionist..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice looking character and good character ideas.  Looks like they are pretty well developed so far.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yes that is true. Still loads of practice to do~

Really I just starting thinking things of them yesterday after fixing the color for Rain.  :smile

Thank you both <3 Hopefully I'll have Gale up in a couple days. I might even make a fanfic of how they met and got to the Great Valley

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sounds like a very interesting story kar. I'd read it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That is a funny coincidence. Mumbling wrote a fan fiction just like your Rain history. A character gets lost from his or her family then stays with the family of the other, and there is a possibility of a love interest between the two characters. The only real difference was, the character with the lost family was the male, and the other one was the female.

The picture is very beautiful. The white of her eyes being green instead is definitely unique. You draw very well as the detail is unquestionably thorough. I too would read such a fan fiction about her. The details of their biographies really perk my interest. You’re so interesting to chat with, I can only imagine how amusing a story by you would be. I encourage you to pursue this fan work.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Jan 7 2011 on  03:00 AM
That is a funny coincidence. Mumbling wrote a fan fiction just like your Rain history. A character gets lost from his or her family then stays with the family of the other, and there is a possibility of a love interest between the two characters. The only real difference was, the character with the lost family was the male, and the other one was the female.
Oh goodness I didn't know they did. I feel like I'm copying now D:

I plan to male Gale today as I don't have much to do. So keep a lookout on the thread please~

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
If this is your first time drawing a dinosaur, then I can't wait to see the LBT fanart you produce once you've had more practice. :wow Seriously, it's very good! :yes The detail and lines are impressive, and I like the colors. This may have been unintentional on your part, but your choice of cloudy bluish colors seems fitting for the character given her name, as they remind me somewhat of the sky on a rainy day. I like the character bios, too. I eagerly anticipate seeing your drawing of your other rainbow face character, if you're still planning to make it. :)

One suggestion, by the way: I think you should post the artwork directly on the thread, so that it's more immediately visible to viewers. Also, once an art thread begins to accumulate pictures, it's easier to compare older and newer pieces and see how yourart has changed and developed over time. If you're planning to make more LBT fanart, it might be a good idea to start a thread for the purpose of posting it, creating a new post for each piece of artwork.

Quote from: Karmarsi,Jan 7 2011 on  10:37 AM
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Jan 7 2011 on  03:00 AM
Oh goodness I didn't know they did. I feel like I'm copying now D:
Coincidental “copying” of ideas is something that I run into a lot. (Just ask FlipperBoidSkua. :lol) I prefer to think of it as more of a case of great minds thinking alike. :p

Quote from: Karmarsi,Jan 5 2011 on  08:26 PM
EDIT - I'd also like to say thanks to Pangaea for providing info about the species for me <3 You really helped! <3
You're very welcome. :smile Glad to help anytime.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
nice work on the drawings karmarsi
 keep it up..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Coincidental “copying” of ideas is something that I run into a lot. (Just ask FlipperBoidSkua. ) I prefer to think of it as more of a case of great minds thinking alike.

:lol Great minds think alike indeed, though I think your mind is greater than mine!  :D

I like Rain's color, the blue really adds a calming effect to the picture, at least to me!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Jan 17 2011 on  11:10 PM
:lol Great minds think alike indeed, though I think your mind is greater than mine!  :D
Oh, please, don't say that! :oops Besides, I'm not the one who's written a half dozen LBT fanfics, or produces fantastic drawings on a near-weekly basis.

(PM me if you want to debate this. I don't want to start a long discussion in someone else's thread. :p)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.