The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Greetings

rhombus · 34 · 4894

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!  

I enjoyed the original Land Before Time film as a child and decided to google it when I was in a nostalgic mood about nine months ago.  The Gang of Five forum was one of the first search items and, out of curiosity, I decided to see what it had to offer.  After following this forum for the better part of a year, I have observed that it has a very friendly, diverse, and vibrant community - one that I would very much like to contribute to.  

I look forward to participating in this forum and getting to know all of you!

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the gof, always great to see a new person join the forum.    Any particular favorite LBT characters?  

Or other characters from other movies, tv, or video games?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Salutations, and welcome to the forums. :wave

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the warm welcome!  

To answer your question Kor, Ruby would have to be my favorite character, with Littlefoot being a very close second.  Although Ruby can be friendly and sociable, she also has a deeply introspective side that I can personally relate to.  Additionally, her many overlapping obligations and hardships (caring for Chomper, avoiding conflict with the Great Valley residents due to her omnivores nature, missing her family, etc.) make her potentially a very complex character.  Those points were not well developed (and in some cases were entirely ignored) in the television series, but I am glad to see that they have been developed in more detail by some of the fan works I have seen.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF, rhombus :wave

Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello Rhombus and welcome to the Gang of five! :) You can call me Mumbling or Iris. See you around! :wave

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us rhombus :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community, and especially so if long time silent observers decide to join us and post for themselves :yes
Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Welcome to the GOF! Have fun and post lots  :cheers

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The rhombus happens to be one of my favorite shapes, but that's besides the point. <3

Welcome to the GOF! Glad you could join!  :smile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
:wave Hey there rhombus! :wave

Welcome to the Gang of Five forum! Glad to have you on board with us. If it's a nostalgic trip or just wanna chat about any LBT you've come to the right place! We've gotta ton of other topics too. So pick one out and enjoy your stay!

Cya on there! TTFN!

Littlefoot1616  :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Gang Of Five, rhombus! :smile Hope you enjoy yourself!

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five, rhombus! It's always great to see a new member around! Hope you have a great time with us here! :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby is an interesting character.  They may have developed her during season 2, though I am inclined to think she's more developed in fanfiction then she would have been on tv, based on the writing for season 1.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone!

I would have to agree with your assessment Kor.  It was obvious from the writing in the television show that they were appealing to younger audiences, and therefore many of the possible areas of characterization could have been deemed inappropriate for that age group.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome with us, rhombus! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Greetings back to ya! :DD
Welcome to the GoF! I'd consider Ruby being a favorite of mine as well. At first, I didn't think so, but as time passed (ahem, relative time, like a whole summer), I noticed those points you mentioned as she became a really neat character for me :3
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
oh hai :D

Nice meeting you ^-^ (Yes, I am late to a lot of things)