The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Best Lbt songs

812558 · 54 · 9269

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
Even though I generally don't like the songs in the Land Before TIme, I'd have to say Better Off Alone is my highest rated song in the franchise apparently because I thought this song was a good choice for the final installment in this franchise if this film has fantastic shading.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I still get "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" stuck in my head over two decades later.

I'd say my top 5 are:

1. Beyond the Mysterious Beyond and the reprise (and even the instrumental version over the end credits.) Every iteration of this song is top-tier
2. Adventuring  - Might qualify as the catchiest. No surprise it got plagiarized by half the TV episodes
3. Bestest Friends - Definitely the most emotional song for me. I remember being convinced Littlefoot was actually going to leave because this song played it up so hard.
4. Things Change - More of a personal pick, this song spoke to me as a kid because I went through a lot of the same issues as Cera when my little brother was born.
5. If We Hold On Together - The Diana Ross version is great, of course, but I have a soft spot for the version sung by Aria Noelle Curzon and Anndi McAfee. Adds a lot of punch to hear it from the mouths of the characters themselves.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 07:02:51 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Beyond the Mysterious Beyond is so good, I can dig why everyone else has said so :rainbowwave

Kids Like Us, Adventuring, and The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur are some favorite as well :OhYou

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

sordessie

• Ruby
    • View Profile
For Me:

1: Peaceful Valley
2: Friends for Dinner
3: On Your Own
4: Always There
5: Beyond the Mysterious Beyond

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Much as I tend to despise most of the songs in the franchise, there are a few that I still love:

1) If We Hold On Together- Two words: Diana Ross
2) Eggs- This song is just hilarious, Ozzy’s anti-vegetarian insults get me every time
3) Imaginary Friends- This song is just so adorable and I smile when I watch it
4) Beyond The Mysterious Beyond- Just an overall amazing song
5) Big Water- I think many fans love this song, it’s fun to sing
6) When You’re Mad- I loved this song so much when The Big Freeze came out, I memorized every word back in 2001 and sang it all over the house all the time, and I still think it’s a great one
7) Adventuring- I swear, the beginning of this song gives me Reading Rainbow vibes all the way
8) Look For The Light- Reba McIntire really shines in this song, and even though I actually really disliked Journey of the Brave, I thought she was a nice addition to the movie
9) Girls and Dads- Love the doo-wop vibe of this song, and it’s so cute

Worst songs:

1) Stinky and Hot- This is the absolute worst and most pointless song in the entire series. They cover themselves in smelly weed to fend off a couple sharpteeth, which doesn’t even work. Out of the 4 songs in Journey of the Brave, this is the one that should have been eliminated.
2) Grandma’s Lullaby- Ugh, WHY does this song exist?
3) When You’re Big- I know many fans like it, but I really despise this song
4) Creepy Crawlies- This song is just pure cringe
5) You’re One Of Us Now- “Though you look like you, we think you’ll like us too.” I’d REALLY like to slap the person who wrote that lyric
6) Standing Tough- I really don’t like this song, it’s just too over the top. Plus I really don’t like Mr. Threehorn as a character
7) If Only- This song is too corny and sappy for me, and as much as I loved Kenneth Mars as Grandpa Longneck, his singing voice leaves much to be desired.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I could've sworn I posted on this thread, but apparently not. So, here are my two cents:

-If We Hold On Together (Need I say more?)
-You're One of Us Now (I don't know; I always found it catchy when I was a kid.)
-Friends For Dinner (Same as above.)
-On Your Own (I really like the melody and the lyrics of adventure that then segue into loneliness.)
-Family (Ducky123 describes it best.)
-Best Friends (This truly was the endgame kind of song for LBT, the one that fooled you into thinking this might be the franchise's swan song (it wasn't :P).)
-Flip, Flap, Fly (Probably one of the catchier songs of later LBT movies.)
I'm going to have to add Imaginary, because of its catchy tune overall.

1) Family. Beautiful song.
2) Beyond the Mysterious Beyond - Another wonderous song with so much mystery
3) Beyond the Mysterious Beyond Reprise - Reprise of my second favourite song
4) If we Hold on Together - Beautiful and Nostalgic.
5) Best Friends - Heart-warming and beautifully sung.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
So these are in no specific order, just a list of some of my favorites.

"Friends for Dinner." It's a Chomper song so it naturally would be favorite of mine. (But I wasn't a huge fan of the TV series version. It wasn't as cute.)

Every song from "Wisdom of Friends." I know this is a almost universally hated LBT movie, but it cracked me up when I was little! (And still does.) All the songs in it sound great to me.

"Tough." Another favorite of mine that was unfortunately in one of my least favorite movies.

"Flip, Flap, and Fly." Great song that always gets stuck in my head for like a week after hearing it.

"Mad Song." Add this to the list of things in LBT that would crack me up.

"Bad Luck" Again, I found this song to be hilarious.

"Who Needs You" Okay, it a very weird duo with lyrics that are just completely absurd... but it's sooo catchy!

"Eggs" and "Peaceful Valley." I love how Ozzy and Strut are basically arguing about what to eat in this song. And "Peaceful Valley" had great lyrics.
Go Chomper!

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Here’s my list of favorite songs from each movie (not counting the first one):

II: Eggs

III: When You’re Big

IV: Who Needs You

V: Friends for Dinner (which is my all-time favorite)

VI: Bad Luck

VII: Very Important Creature

VIII: Family

IX: Big Water (Reprise) (I guess…)

X: Adventuring

XI: Creepy Crawlies

XII: Flip, Flap, and Fly

XIII: There’s no favorite here…

XIV: Look for the Light

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
My list of favorite songs from each movie would go :

II: peaceful valley
III: Kids like us
IV: It takes all sorts
V: Big water
VI: On your own
VII: Beyond the mysterious beyond
VIII: The lesson song
IX: No one has to be alone
X: Adventuring
XI: Creepy Crawiles
XII: Flip Flap & Fly
XIII: Say So
XIV: Todays The Day

« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 02:39:15 AM by 00not_nathan00 »
Still waiting for the bluth cut

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh, I like this format! Okay, favorites from each movie.

II: Peaceful Valley

III: Kids Like Us

IV: Perhaps a controversial opinion, I don't really like any of the songs in IV. Though the tune is lovely, Grandma's VA really struggles in Grandma's Lullaby. It Takes All Sorts is hamfisted and droning. Who Needs You is an abomination upon mankind. Grandma's Lullaby is probably the most forgivable to me.

V: Always There. Just rip my heart out, why don't you?

VI: On Your Own

VII: As much as I'm fond of Good Inside, it has to be Beyond the Mysterious Beyond.

VIII: Family, followed closely by The Lesson. I think The Lesson is underrated, but Family is possibly the best song in the franchise next to If We Hold on Together.

IX: No One Has to Be Alone. Not really a fan of any of these songs again, and even No One Has to Be Alone can be a bit too- adult contemporary, for lack of a better descriptor.

X: Bestest Friends, though, this is another one where I'm not too crazy about any of them.

XI: Girls and Dads. Also, I frequently forget that If Only exists as a song. Another song that's lovely in its tune, but the VAs struggle with it, unfortunately.

XII: One of a Kind

XIII: Say what you will about XIII, but Yellow Belly Bounce is a bop.

XIV: Look for the Light. Better Off Alone in second, but again, another movie where the songs are kinda meh.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@Hammy I’m shocked that my brother and I actually aren’t the only ones who think “Grandma’s Lullaby” is overrated and “Yellowbelly Bounce” is underrated:rhett_shocked

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I'll do a favourite from each movie too.

II: Eggs, purely because to this day, I still hum it to myself while cooking eggs :bestsharptooth

III: Kids Like Us

IV: Grandma's Lullaby, but while it was one of my favourites a few years ago I agree now it's a bit overrated. Nice song, but yeah you can tell Linda Gary struggled. I wonder what Miriam Flynn's take on it would have been like since she had part of a song in IX which I think was stronger.

V: Always There

VI: Legend of the Lone Dinosaur

VII: Beyond the Mysterious Beyond

IX: No One Has to Be Alone

X: Bestest Friends

XI: Girls and Dads

XII: One of a Kind

XIII: Agree with Yellow Belly Bounce being a bop

XIV: Look for the Light

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
Ooh, looks fun...

I: If We Hold On Together (What else? :p )
II: Eggs
III: When You're Big
IV: Who Needs You?
V: Big Water (Always There was close tho)
VI: Bad Luck
VII: Beyond the Mysterious Beyond
IX: No-One Has to Be Alone
X: Olivia Newton-John's version of Bestest Friends
XI: Girls and Dads
XII: Flip, Flap and Fly (my absolute favorite! :petrieLOL )
XIII: Say So (what can I say, it's catchy)
XIV: Look for the Light (the only good song :PAli )
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD