The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember

Ratiasu · 411 · 40209

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe looked back at Kaga with equel interest.  Then the iguanodon answered timidly, "My name is Strafe."
She had been startled to discover that the cave was occupied but was relieved that the occupants were fellow herbivores.  
Snork spoke up, "I'm Snork.  We are trying to get to the Great Valley.  Strafe has been through a lot lately.  Something terrible happened to her.  We meant no harm.  We ony wanted a place to get out of the rain."
Strafe lied down and curled her tail around her left side and yawned tiredly.
"I just want this journey to end so bad." groaned Strafe.  "From the time I was born my herd was looking for the valley."

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail looked down at the floor and said quietly "Yeah Sy and I are also looking for the Great Valley, we just had to get out of the sky water is all. My name is Longtail by the way." He then whispered "I know what it is like to lose....family, like...my mother."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Atop one of the many plateaus in the Beyond, as their kind would have called it, two raptors were circling each other, one occasionally lashing out with a swift kick.  The black one carried the given name of Dante, and his mentor Arius had given him the middle initials S and the last name of Starfall.  "Dante S. Starfall, hm?  I guess I like it." he had said when his mentor had given him his new name.  Now, the pair were engaged in a mock battle, with Dante striking repeatedly at Arius, but with little success.

"Faster Dante!  Move your feet!" the elder Bladefoot yelled at his pupil

"I'm trying!  It would have helped if we hadn't spent all yesterday hiking!  My legs are killing me!"  Dante replied.

"That just means that you're not strong enough yet, youngling."

"Aw, be quiet old one!  I'm plenty strong!"

"Then prove it.  But let that wait for another time.  For now, I have a gift for you."

"Really?  What is it?"

"Close your eyes and hold out your right claw."

"Why?  well, I guess I trust you, so..."

He held out his claw as directed, and when he was told to, opened his eyes.  

What he saw amazed him.  A ring, carved out of a pale blue stone now adorned the center claw on his right side.  Speechless, he simply stared at it, then asked one question...

"Why?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe awoke the next day to see sunlight streaming into the opening of the cave.  The iguanodon lifted her head and yawned tiredly and stood up quietly.  Snork felt her brush by and awoke as well. Strafe walked outside the cave and stood there in the sun, letting it warm her skin.  
Snork strode up next to her and asked, "What's wrong?"
Strafe laughed and replied, "Oh, nothing.  I was just getting some air."
Snork then asked, "So what will you do when you get to the Great Valley?"
Strafe replied somberly, "I don't know.  I'll worry about that after I get there."
Snork thought for a minute and then said, "I think I will just enjoy being free from a herd.  I can finally live my own life without having to be bossed around and used as sharptooth bate."
Strafe nodded and said, "Maybe we should let those other two guys accompany us.  There is safety in numbers."
Snork nodded in agreement and said, "Let's ask them then."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail hadn't lept at all during the night, but he was used to things like that. He was just glad to see an end of the sky water as he could smell the fresh air from the entrance to the cave.

He yawned and decided to walk outside, and just by chance overheard the last of Snork and Starfe's conversation and he couldn't help but smile...as he replied

"I wouldn't mind. It would be nice to travel with others." "I hate being alone out here."

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga emerged from the cave and added, "Count me in.  I don't want to be traveling alone again."
Kaga was rested up and ready for another day of travel.
Sy said gesturing to the monolith looming in the distance, "We'd best be moving on unless you wish to remain in this desolate place.  The sooner we get to that monolith the sooner we reach the valley."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, many miles away, Shriek was stalking his prey.  Over the last few weeks the sharptooth had been having a field day feasting on the remains of dinosaurs killed in the earthquake.  Now he was having a hard time finding food.  Currently, Shriek was tracking two troodons that he hoped would make a good meal.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you guys want me too...I can go scout the way ahead for us." suggested Longtail with a smile on his face as he streched his wings for flight.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
occ: Actually the sharptooth is nowhere near where they are.  He is a long way away and tracking someone else right now.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OOC: edited my last post! Sorry about that! ^^;

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"!!!"
"Arius?  What's up?"
   "Quiet, Dante.  I think I hear something..."
"Really?  I don't hear..."
   "Shut Up!  Please let me..."

Whatever Arius was about to say was drowned out by a terrific roar as Shrike leapt towards them...

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Shriek had finally found something to eat and he was not about to let his meal escape this time.  The sharptooth wasn't sure which one to go for first so he just picked one at random.  Then the sharptooth made a dash for one of the troodons.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga was happy to be with friends at last.  Now he didn't have to worry about getting lonely.  He felt sorry for Strafe though.  Having run away from his herd, he could only guess the pain she must be going through.  It was about mid day now and Kaga was getting hungary. He knew however that there was no food available so he would have to try to ignore his hungar.

Sy sniffed the air and announced, "I believe there is green food up ahead.  Not a lot but enough to sustain us."
(I forgot what kind of dinosaur Sy was! :slap I'll have to go look at the profile again. :bang )

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail being higher in the air was only able to hear the words 'green food.' and that was enough of a reason to take a few quick sniffs of the air and he found Sy was right...

He flew down and said to the others.. "Can anyone else smell the green food?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe quickened her pace as she smelled the scent of green food in the air.  Having not eaten the night before, she was very hungry and could tell that there was a somewhat large ammount of green food ahead.  Snork hurried as well toward the green food and as the group rounded a bend, they could see a cluster of trees that were still green.  There was a crack in the earth with black smoke billowing out nearby and Strafe peered inside and saw a fiery glow coming from deep within.  She guessed that the hole was about 200 feet deep and had laa at the bottom.  It didn't look like there was any danger of an eruption but Strafe still didn't like it.  The vent reminded her too much of when her parents were swallowed by the earthquake.

Snork offere Strafe a handful of treestars and said, "Here.  These are good.  Eat as many as you want."

Strafe thanked Snork and ate the treestars.  Then she stood up on her hind legs and snagged a branch with the claw on her thumb and tore it down from the tree so everyone could get to it more easily.

Snork said, "Good idea, Strafe." and ate more treestars.  The swimmer was going to make sure he was nice and full.  It had been a very, very long time since he had been full.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As Longtial landed he noticed the crack giving off smoke and immediatly he froze and his body tensed...a memory from his past began to surface...a death he wish he could forget...his mothers death. And for the thrid time since his mothers death Longtail began to cry....

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
(OOC: Whoops, heheh, I, uh, kind of lost the link to this site. I suppose a "sorry" isn't really enough. But, just in case, my deepest, sincerest apologies to everyone in the RP for keeping you all waiting.
By the way, Grievous, I'm really impressed with how you did Sy. Good job((no, seriously, great job!)).)

"Careful there, Snork," Sy warned. "Don't eat too much. Digestion uses up a lot of energy, something you'll need for the trip across the plain."
The old Sinensis grabbed a hand full of leaves and chewed them to get some water. He peered at the monolith in the distance.
"Looks like a few more days walk until we get to our starting point. Once we get there there will be more food."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail now to upset to eat, sat down and just stared into the deep canyon watching the fire water flow down below and let the tears fall from his eyes.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OCC: It is alright.  We're glad to have you back.  I kinda dropped the ball too.  I have been busy with my new job and all and Grievous told me he has been busy with a college science report.  Not sure when he'll be able to post.  Oh, if you don't want to lose the link again then add this site to your favorites list like I did.  Anyway...)

Strafe heard Sy's advice and made sure not to eat too much.  She rested next to a rock to prepare for the next segment of the journey.  Strafe watched as the sun began to sink behind the mountains ahead, wondering what lay beyond the monolith.  Snork was washing the dust off of himself in the small pond and Strafe the turned her attention to Kaga.  She found him to be a fascinating character.  He was a loner, it seemed except for the flyer he had brought with him.  He didn't seem to have any family and lived by his own rules.  And yet Strafe found wondering if maybe...
"What am I thinging?" ,Strafe muttered to herself.  "I can't be worrying about such things right now.  I hardly even know him."
Strafe then became aware that her monologue was overheard despite the fact that it was barely a whisper.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With tears still falling from his eyes Longtail looked over to the others in the group and asked: "Where do we go from here?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Dante!  Run!  I'll Hold him off here!"  Arius yelled as Shriek rushed towards him.  
"But Arius... I can..."  Dante stammered, as he watched his mentor shift into a fighting stance, and stare down his opponent.
"Just Run!!!  I'll be right behind you! Now Go!!"  Arius yelled, and as Dante escaped, turned and kicked a tower of rock down behind him.  
"Now it's just you and me, Sharptooth..." Arius said, a strange gleam in his eye...

"Arius!  NO!!!"  Dante yelled as the rock collapsed behind him, and his mentor and friend was lost to his sight.   It was to be the last time he would ever see the raptor who had raised him from a foundling...