The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember

Ratiasu · 411 · 39829

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Upon seeing the rocky terrain that lay ahead Longtail who was still riding on Hunters back gave a gruff and loud scoff as he said "Forget this! I'm in the air....If I see anything that will get you guys through this....place any faster I'll tell you right away!" He then spread his wings and flapped until he was high in the sky and flew on ahead of the group disappearing around several boulders.

Hunter frowned as she said "I hate when he does that! Oh well at least I can sniff him out this time if I need to."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded, then looked at Hunter, blushing profusely.
"Um...H-Hunter?  There's something I want to tell you.  I-I really... Well, I really like you, and I was..."
He trailed off, blushing and looking at the ground nervously...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter blushed as well, but had enough sense to lead Dante behind a rock pillar for a moment before she began speaking. "Look Dante...I-I...like you too...alot, but maybe we should keep this a secret for now. At least until were safely in the Great Valley. But...I am glad that...we like each other so much."

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"Ahem," a voice said from behind Dante and Hunter. Sy looked down at the two sharpteeth with a rather amused look on his face.
"I suggest that we continue on. We can only get closer to the valley."

(OOC: If anyone cares, I can tell Sy's story.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OOC: That's fine with me!)

Hunter whole body turned a shade of red as she turned around to see Sy standing behind them. She then tried to stutter out a response. "W-what...d-d-did...you hear?" She then blushed redder and said "I-It dosen't matter...y-you cannot t-tell the others....not yet! Please?!" She then turned to Dante and said "Quick...come up with an excuse...and I mean ANY-" then an idea came to her. "Hey...Sy...h-how about you tell...us about your past."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante, too, was blushing from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail as he stammered...
"Uh... Y- Yeah!  I bet you've had a pretty interesting life so far, h-haven't you, Sy?  Ehheheheh..."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork was walking along when he noticed that Hunter and Dante had disappeared.
"Where did they go?" the swimmer asked.
Strafe looked around and panted, "I don't know.  Let's rest and wait for them.  I haven't had a real good night's sleep since before we went through the burning mountains."
Snork sat town on a large rock and nodded in agreement.  He too was exhausted and looked forwars to finally reaching the valley.  It seemed so close now.  Both Snork and Strafe knew it wouldn't be long now.  Only a couple more weeks at the most.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
By now, every muscle in Kaga's body hurt.  He was in need of a good rest but he knew they couldn't stop.  

The attack caught him completely by surprise.  The sharptooth rammed into Kaga, knocking him to thre ground with a hard thud.  The iguanodon looked up and saw Shriek advancing on him.  Kaga rolled over and quickly forced himself to his feet.  TH eiguanodon swung his tail at the sharptooth and the blow knocked Shriek to the side.  However, the sharptooth quickly recovered and came at Kaga again with a fierce roar.  Kaga smacked Shriek with his hand, drawing blood as his spiked thumb cut into Shriek's flesh.  Shriek rammed into Kaga again, knocking him down again.  The sharptooth growled hungrily and Kaga could smell his putrid breath.  It looked like this might be the end for him.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe looked up in shock as Shriek appeared out of nowhere and attacked Kaga.
"Kaga!" she shouted and rushed to his aid.
Snork yelled, "Wait for me!" and stood up.  
Strafe reached the sharptooth first and slashed him across the stomach with her spiked thumb.  Then she slashed him across the chest, drawing blood both time.  The iguanodon then smacked Shriek on the head, causing the sharptooth to stumble backwards.  Before she could attack again however, Shriek knocked her to the ground with a kick.

As Snork arrived, he notied some of the sharp, spiky rocks nearby and had an idea.  He ran up behind Shriek and grabbed him from behind around the neck.  Then he pressed his thumb into the sharptooth's eye.

As he held Shriek back from attacking anyone else, Snork shouted, "Somebody finish him!  Knock him onto those rocks and this will be over!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante had heard the growl from Shriek, and he had turned around and ran off, saying...
"As much as I'd like to hear about your past, Sy, Right now, one of our friends is in danger!"

He arrived on the scene just in time to hear Snork's statement.  He responded by racing at Shriek, yelling...
"Alright, Snork!  Let him go in three...two...ONE!"
Dante had just leapt into the air with both feet cocked for a kick, fully aware that Shriek couldn't dodge in time to avoid the kick...
But he would end up hitting the rocks, too...
"But that's ok... If I can save my friends, then...I don't care what happens to me..."
He thought...

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga shook his head and came to his senses as Snork and Strafe began to fight Shriek.  He got to his feet, trying to regroup himself in order to attack.
As he rushed forward, however, Dante beat him to the punch.

Shriek stumbled back and lande don the sharp rocks, impaling himself with a sickening crunch.  With a whimper of pain, the sharptooth expired.  

Just when it looked like it was over, Kaga realized that Dante may hit one of the spikes as well.
"Dante!' he shouted and lunged forward.  He grabbed Dante in midair and landed on Shriek's stomach, using the dead sharptooth's body to break his fall and prevent them from impaling themselves on the spikes.  
after a few seconds of catching his breath, Kaga said, "We wouldn't want anything to happen now.  Now after getting this far."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter was stunned. She couldn't believe the attack had happened so fast! She immediately ran over to help pull Dante and Kaga up away from the sharpened rocks. Once the danger had passed she immediately jumped Dante, nuzzling him and said "Don't you ever do anything that desperate again! I will not risk losing you trying to protect us! I love you too much for that!"

Just then a cry came out from up ahead. "Someone wanna help me here?!" Hunter then looked up and said "That sounds like Longtail."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe got to her feet and watched as Shriek was killed.  With a snort of satisfaction, she walked over to make sure Kaga and Dante were alright.  The female iguanodon was so happy that the sharptooth that had been stalking them was finally dead.  Now they could continue on to the valley with nothing to worry about.  
Snork made sure everyone was alright, but suddenly, they all head Longtail call out from somewhere.

Strafe shook her head and whispered, "Now what has that kid gotten himself into?"

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga stood up and looked around for Longtail.  he tried to follow the voice but when he got to where he thought it came from, he saw nothing.
"Longtail!  Longtail!  Where are you?" he asked as he looked around.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante blushed at the outburst of affection from Hunter, and he whispered...
"What happened to keeping...us secret?"
He then turned his attention to Kaga, smiling and saying...
"Thanks...Kaga.  I owe you one."
And when he heard Kaga's asking where Longtail was, he sniffed the air, then said...
"He's this way... and... we better hurry!'
And raced off, eyes showing both anger and fear...

"You haven't the faintest idea who you travel with, do you, flyer?  That Dante is responsible for the annihilation of my...of our clan."
Virgil, Dante's brother, circled Longtail, grinning evilly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter immediately blushed again as she realized what she had said outloud and cringed. She then whispered to Dante "Heh...sorry...I uhh...got lost in the moment...it's not everyday you see someone almost die to protect another that...you...love."

~~~~

Longtail just scoffed and replied "Ya know...I may not have any idea who you are, but if Shriek hadn't tied me to this stupid rock...you wouldn't look so smug." Then a thought crossed his mind as he asked "What do I smell like to you? A flyer? Or something else?" As he finished his question there was a gleam in his eyes...hoping he'd get the answer right.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled at Hunter, then whispered back...
"It's ok.  But I guess that everyone knows that we're... y'know... a couple now, huh?"

Virgil looked over Longtail then said...
"For one thing, you don't infact smell like a flyer.  You smell like another abomination.  A half-breed.  I should kill you simply because you have committed the sin of living.  But I won't.  I'll wait for...My dearest brother to arrive before I do, so that he can suffer the pain that I did.  That's right.  I am Dante's older brother, Virgil.  A pleasure to meet you...You Monster..."
He smirked...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A smile crossed Longtail's face as he looked Virgil straight in the eyes and let his right eye turn yellow as he laughed and said "Ha-ha...monster that's one I haven't heard in a while. So if you really are Dante's older brother, why are you so bent on hurting him...or better yet, just untie me so I can do his job for him and claw you to death!"

~~~~

Hunter smiled and said "Yeah...I guess so...but now I'm picking up a new scent in the area...Dante do you recognize it...cause I don't"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil smirked at Longtail, then struck him across the face with his tail.
"Weren't yous listening!  That pathetic, weak, half-breed is the reason my whole clan is dead!  It's his fault, and I will make him pay for his crimes!"
He spat, eyes mad with rage and hatred...

Dante nodded at Hunter.  
"Unfortunately, I do know that scent.  It's... It's my older brother.  It's Virgil.  But why is he here?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork saw Hunter and Dante run off in the direction of Longtail and followed incase they needed help.
Strafe followed as well.  
When they caught up to Dante, she asked him, "What's going on?  Did you find Longtail?"
"I hope so." Snork added.  "I'm ready to get moving."