The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember

Ratiasu · 411 · 39840

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded, though he still shook with fear...
"Y-Yeah.  I've found him...but he's being held by my... my brother Virgil.  That-That's probably a bad thing.  Virgil hates me, and he may have found out... about Longtail and I's friendship.  He'll be wanting to use that against me...against us..."
He stammered, eyes darting about nervously...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
When Longtail felt Virgils tail whip him across the face...as he looked at Dante's older brother he bared his teeth and roared in anger... but as he spoke his voice was now darker, more commanding, and sounded very primal as he shouted at the top of his lungs "Is that tail whip a challenge you childish little egg! Because now I would like nothing more than to rip your heart out and SHOW IT TO YOU!"

~~~~

Hunter heard Longtails voice, or something like it anyway...and she only ran faster in the hopes that whatever was happening she could help her friend in time.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil grinned at the enraged Longtail, laughing...
"Heh.  A pathetic half-breed like you, beat me?  I doubt it, boy.  I am of the noble lineage of the Skyclaws.  You are nothing to me."
He then looked towards the nearby wall, eyes lighting up darkly...
"As fun as killing you would be... My brother draws close.  Perhaps another time."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Just a little OCC here.  I don't think magic attacks should be used in a LBT rpg.  It is fine for the random rpg section but in this kind of rp, it is too unfair an advantage.  The powerful jump attacks like the ones Dante uses are fine though.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail then narrowed his eyes and said "I've slaughtered entire herds of sharpteeth! What will one more weak, pathetic, ugly looking uncaring, piece of waste mean to me?! I am stronger than you...and if you were a real sharptooth you wouldn't be such a coward and FIGHT ME FOR YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A CHILD WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE COURAGE TO FIGHT A REAL SHARPTOOTH LIKE MYSELF!" He was shaking with anger and as a direct result, Longtail's bindings were beginning to weaken, and come apart.

~~~~

As Hunter heard Longtail's voice again she stopped and gasped as she realized what this meant. "DANTE STOP!" she shouted as Dante ran by her. "Trust me...you don't want to see Longtail right now."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante just continued running, but he turned back and looked at Hunter...
"I am NOT going to let my brother get away with harming my friends!  He's going to suffer for that!"
The surprising thing wasn't the dark malevolence that was in Dante's voice.  It was his eyes.  Where there had once been white, there was now black, and where there had been blue, there was blood red.  He looked at Hunter one more time, then vaulted high into the air and into the canyon...

"Dante.  I've been expecting you...Brother!"
Virgil yelled, charging at Dante the instant he landed...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@ F-14: Define magic attacks...just so I'm on the same page.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OCC: I noticed that in Dante's profile, there was something about a curse.  Same thing with Virgil.  VIrgil seems to have an energy blade attack.  I have no problem with these in a random rpg but I don't think it should be in a strict rpg.  Hopefully this clears things up.)

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Virgil pulled back as a glob of venom hit his chest. Almost immediately it started to eat away at his flesh.
"The Skyclaws are well known, good sir, even among my lineage," said Sy as he stepped into view. "Or, at least, what was my lineage until they were slaughtered by yours."
An evil grin spread across his scarred face.
"I doubt you remember me; you were but a tiny hatchling and I was already older than your grandparents."
The Sinensis grabbed Dante to prevent him from charging at his brother.
"Don't fight," he muttered, "unless you wish to doom yourself to the Fires of Annak."
He adressed Virgil again.
"I sought help; a bit of water, maybe something to eat. And what was the response?"
He traced a finger along several ragged scars that stretched across his neck.
"I took home these for my troubles."
The evil grin had turned into a horrid scowl.
"So, do you wish to face the wrath of the Wanderer, or are you ready to surrender?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil staggered back, wincing at the venom burning his chest...
"So, Dante.  You're still too weak to fight me without your little friends to back you up?  No matter.  I'll kill you eventually, brother.  Mark my words..."
And he jumped into the air and fled...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail still in his fit of anger shouted "I'm FINE!" He then jumped down and said "I can't believe I was taken down so easily...like a hatchling!" He looked at Dante, nodded his head in thanks then flapped his wings and simply flew in circles high above the group as they rejoined again.

Hunter simply walked over to Dante. She sighed and said "He didn't mean to snap like that....he just needs a little time to cool down." She looked up at Longtail and shed a tear. "So much pride for such a little guy." She looked down at the group and said "We need to keep going."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked at Hunter, smiling sadly and wiping the tear off her face...
"Yeah.  I can't say I blame him.  He... He probably built up that confidence to guard the wounds in his heart.  And... I'm sorry.  These attacks... they're my fault.  It would've been better if I had never joined up with you guys..."
He then leapt up to a spire near Longtail, saying...
"Longtail.  I'm really sorry that you were attacked.  It's my fault. If I wasn't here... You guys would be safe.  If you want me too... I'll... I'll go..."
He said, sadness and remorse in his voice, with a small tear running down his cheek...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked at Dante as he spoke and listened. As he finished Longtail could see the sadness in his eyes and the feeling in his voice. The little flyer landed next to Dante using his talons to grip the rock and looked into his eyes. For a moment Longtail didn't speak...he couldn't find the words. He then took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

He then said "Look Dante...i-it's not...you. I should have known that a trap was bound to happen here...it's the perfect spot...and what's worse is I fell for it completely! I didn't mean to lash out at you...but...your brother seems to have something against you...and apparently me now too...so you leaving our group would not make a difference." His right eye changed back to it's quartz pink hue and he smiled as he said "Beside...the next time we meet...we can bring him down together...like a family should!"

Hunter smiled still on the ground as it looked like Dante and Longtail were talking things out.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled at his friend, his eyes brightening.
"Yeah.  That'll be cool.  Let's go.  I bet the others are getting anxious.  We're pretty close to the Valley now, aren't we?  So...Let's go there... as a family..."
He said, jumping back down to the ground and landing next to Hunter.
"Let's go, shall we, Hunter?"
He asked her, wrapping his tail around hers and smiling lovingly...

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Occ: Sorry fro not posting today.  I've been sick as a dog all day long.  Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Kaga watched the whole scene unfold.  He was angry at the hatred that Virgil displayed and prepared to attack.  However, when Virgil fled, Kaga calmed down.
"COme on, guys.  Let's go."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter lushed as Dante wrapped his tail around hers, and she said "Yeah...let's get going." Then a thought crossed her mind as she looked at Dante and thought 'I wonder...if we really do love each other....' Her blush only became darker as she continued her train of thought 'W-what will our....hatchlings, look like?'

However Longtail chose that moment to land on Hunters back and said "So are you going to stand there all day or are we going to move?" Hunter blinked as she looked back at Longtail and said "Well, impatient arent' we?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked at Hunter, and asked...
"Is something wrong Hunter?  You're blushing..."
He then noticed (again) How beautiful she was, and he wondered...
If we... I wonder if our...our Hatchlings will be as beautiful as their mother...
He thought, then he himself began to blush.  
"Y-Yeah.  Calm down, Longtail, we're coming, we're coming..."
He smiled at the pair of them, saying...
"Yeesh.  Kids can be so darn impatient, huh?"
And laughed...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter laughed as she and Dante spoke at the same time. She then blushed as she asked "Well...shall we get going..." She then whispered into his ear 'my mate.' She then walked ahead as Longtail took to the sky and said "Alight, I may have no clue what was so funny, but I'm going to see whatever I can see from up here."

Hunter just smiled as she knew Dante was right behind her, and then asked "Hey Sy, you were going to tell us about your past right?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Sorry for taking so long)

Snork and Strafe followed the others.  Snork had been nervous ever since the encounter with Virgil but he remained opimistic.  
The swimmer announced, "Well, I don't know about you guys but the first thing I'm going to do when we get to the valley is have a party.  I can just rest later on.  How about you guys?"

Strafe nodded in agreement and added, "I'll come to celebrate putting this part of my life behind me for good."

The next two days passed fairly quickly and the group finally arrived at the base of the mountains that had looked so distant a week earlier.

Snork looked at a cave in the cliffs and could see light on the other side.
He said, "Wait here.  I'm goin to scout ahead."

With that, he crawled into the tunnel.  When he reached the other side, Snork found himself inside a small gully and the scent of green food was strong.  The other end of the gully opened up into a huge valley lined with green trees as far as the eye could see.  Snork gasped in shock as it sunk in.
"Hey guys!  Come quick!  We're here!  We've made it!"

Strafe bolted into the cave and joined Snork on the other side, lookign around at the valley that lay before them.  This was the happiest moment of either of their lives.  

"How about we go have your party when the others join us?" Strafe asked.

"Sure thing." Snork said, tears of hapieness welling up in his eyes.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga hurried to the end of the tunnle and joined Snork and Strafe on the other side.  A smile crossed his face and he nuzzle Srafe, happy to finally be in the Great Valley.
"We've made it, Strafe.  This is it."
Then Kaga turned to Snork and said, "Let's go have your party then!  There should be plenty of food to choose from!"
Then a thought crossed his mind, "Say, Strafe, I'm not sure we're ready for kids yet.  I mean, we should take time to enjoy ourselves together before raising a family.  We won't have many opportunities with hatchlings running around."