The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember

Ratiasu · 411 · 39621

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
The Velociraptors still hadn't moved. The madness was coming slowly this time, and if anything that was even worse. Continually Odottaen wiggled his arms and twitched his tail around, signing coming-warning-of-madness, but they did not understand in the slightest, and if anything completely ignored his physical movements, perceiving them to be pitiful attempts at distraction. Everyone had been like that. A Pachycephalosaurs language was 50% physical, 50% voice, and while their signs were universal to their species, to everyone else voice was voice and had no motions to go along. It was almost a shame.

Odottaen's nostrils flared. He took a small step back. And then the attack began. The Velociraptors began to edge closer, tightening the circle very slowly. They were intelligent, thinking beasts, but the heat of the late afternoon took its toll on everyone. The Pachy's breathing began to accelerate. His fingers wiggled and shook in signs of cannot-control and request-for-departure. He almost thought about making lowest-to-highest signals in a last ditch attempt of freedom. Maybe if the sharpteeth realized he thought of them as the grandest, most respectable species, and he the weakest, most useless, perhaps they would let him go, though that was false. But no. No, that wouldn't work.

Suddenly the growing madness recieded, and that was the time when the Pachy was most afraid. It had been his escape from the world, complete oblivion to violence. In growing fear that he might actually die, the Pachy bellowed and stomped his wounded feet, trying to scare them off. It didn't work. If anything, it looked like they were laughing.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Once again, Kaga had gotten himself into trouble.  Two hungry raptors pursued the young iguanodon across the rocky, desolate land.  He had inadvertently stumbled upon them while searching for food and now it seemed that he was about to become food himself.  Just when it seemed things could get no worse, there was a deafening roar and a large sharptooth appeared.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shriek looked hungrily at the iguanodon, saliva dripping from his jaws.  Then, the sharptooth noticed the pursuing raptors.  There could be no mistakes this time.  Shriek had to eat.  Having just barely survived the earthquake, the sharptooth was desperate for food.  He approached Kaga but the iguandon unexpectedly rushed at him.  Shriek wasn't expecting this and was caught off guard.  Kaga reared onto his hind legs and lashed out with the claws on his thumb.  Shriek leaped aside and caused Kaga to miss but Kaga took advantage of the opening and ran for it.  Another meal gone.  Or was it?  Shriek looke down at the raptors and in a flash, he grabbed one in his deadly jaws and crushed its body.  This was not the best meal but it would sustain the sharptooth until he found better food.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaga ran for his life, going as fast as his legs would carry him.  He had to get out of this place.  He had to find someone who knew where the Great Valley was or he would surely die out here.

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
(OOC: Sorry for the delay. I've been busy.)

"It's about two month's journey from here. Or, rather, from there."
He pointed out behind them to a huge pointed monolithic rock far in the distance.
"But we're not starting the journey until I reclaim a piece of luggage."

A short while later, they came upon Strafe's herd again. A couple of globs of venom drove off the Sharpteeth, and Sy began looking amongst the rocks.
"You're still covering your eyes, right, Strafe? Snork? I hope so. Sy wouldn't want to punish you."
The Sinensis peered around a rock and found Reesk crouching there.
"Hello, there, Mr. Reesk. You didn't think I was going to leave you here did you?"
He grinned.
"Come on. I've got some company."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Reesk blinked, and shrugged slightly. At the moment, what did he have to lose? This dinosaur did save his life. Reesk followed the Spitter, occasionally glancing over his shoulder to ensure the Sharpteeth weren't coming back.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe just wanted to leave this place for good.  She never wanted to set foot here again.  She focused her attention on the gigantic rock in the distance.  Two months.  She had spent her whole life looking for the Great Valley and the thought that it was only two months away was very welcome.  Just two months.  It was mush shorter than she had expected.  

Snork asked quietly, "Everything alright?"

The young iguanodon nodded in reply.
Snork asked, "So, what do you think the valley will be like?"
Strafe paused for a moment then replied, "I  imagine a beautiful place with lakes, rivers, and rolling green hills.  There is lots of trees and green plants to eat.  I have heard that it is a place where there are no sharpteeth.  The Great Valley is a place where you can live in peace and be happy."

Snork said, "I imagined something similar.  Sy, I think we should make some progress now."

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga continued his lonely journey walking along the deep crack in the earth.  He was so sick of seeing nothing but desolate landscape and longed for an oasis where he could eat and rest in peace.  Kaga was unfamilliar with the route to the Great Valley and desperately needed to find someone who knew the way.

Occ: Maybe he can join up with the group soon or something.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Occ: We kinda need someone to reply in here soon.)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
'This has been one of the longest weeks of my life!' the young flyer shouted to himself as he continued to think 'First I lose my mother to a stupid flying rock, then that silly earthshake makes the big water swallow up my island home, and now I'm wandering this desolate, barren landscape for...' he tried to come up with an answer but couldn't, and just screamed into the sky for the tenth time that day as he said aloud

"I'll bet my next meal that no one has it worse than me!" as he continued his seemingly endless flight into the night....

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga was finally enjoying a drink from a cold spring without having to worry about predators sneaking up on him.  For the past two days, he had been traveling through a rocky gorge which was sheltered from the sun and scortching heat.  The iguanodon glanced around from time to time to check for sharpteeth and other predators but so far, he had been lucky today.  Kaga had learned from a clubtail he had met a few months earlier that this rought would have fewer predators because virtually nobody traveled the rought.   A rought with fewer prey opportunities was likely to have fewer predators.  However, the young iguanodon was hoping that there wasn't some important reason that this rought was less traveled.  He hoped that perhaps it was a little longer than the others and hopefully that was the ONLY reason others chose the other roughts over this one.  Kaga finished his drink and continued on through the gorge.  He could see the end of the gorge in sight and was dreading heading back out into the open and into the heat.  With a sigh of frustration, Kaga emerged into the rocky, flat landscape again.  Was there any life at all in this area?  Kaga felt so alone amongst the endless terrain.  He desperately needed to see some green food, not that he was hungry.  Just that the green plants would provide some color to the largely colorless land.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He could see the end of the gorge in sight and was dreading heading back out into the open and into the heat. With a sigh of frustration, Kaga emerged into the rocky, flat landscape again. Was there any life at all in this area? Kaga felt so alone amongst the endless terrain. He desperately needed to see some green food, not that he was hungry. Just that the green plants would provide some color to the largely colorless land.

Longtail didn't believe it was possible to fall asleep while flying, or as others called it 'on the wing', but he managed to do it with out really trying. Of course without trulley realizing it, he had stopped flaping his wings to keep himself aloft....so he was now gliding on what air currents exsisted in the Mysterious Beyond. And of course after a few moments he glided right into the hot barren ground.

Longtail tried to open his eyes, but he was far too tired, all he could really see was a large dark, blurry figure wallking straight towards him, and he prayed it wasn't a sharptooth, but in the Mysterious Beyond anything was possible.....

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
As he walked along in the blistering heat, Kaga thought he saw something heading toward him.  When he looked up, he saw that he was right.  A flyer that was either trying to ram him or wasn't watching where it was going.  Kaga had no time to move and could only brace for the impact.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail didn't feel a thing as he slowly but effectivly rammed into Kaga...but again due to his exsaustion, and tiredness he really didn't have the time or energy to move out of the way, and before he slipped into the world of unconiousness, he managed to stutter out a weak and horse "Sorry..." before he closed his eyes and drifted into sleep....

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
It wasn't a hard impact and the iguanodon was unharmed in the end.  He looked down bewilderdly at the unconscious flyer wondering where it had suddenly come from.  Why had it just rammed into him?  At any rate, Kaga couldn't just leave him there.  The iguanodon could feel the hot ground scortching his already sore feet and if he didn't move the flyer, it was likely to bake alive.  Kaga gentely grabbed the flyer by the wing and slung it onto his back.  Then, the iguanodon turned back towards the shade of the gorge.  It didn't take long and soon, Kaga was resting in the shade with the flyer propped up against the wall of the gorge.  He wanted to make sure the flyer was alright before moving on.  All he could do now was wait for it to wake up.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
All he could do now was wait for it to wake up.

It didn't take long for Longtail to awaken, although being in the shade of the gorde was probably the biggest help. As he came to however noticed one major diffrence about his surroundings, as in there was shade, and he could hear water bubbling nearby. He had no clue as to how he got here, but he was thankful for whatever or whoever brought him here.

Then his train of thought brought him back to whatever he had colloded with in the scorching heat of the Mysterious Beyond, he then said to himself 'Well considering I'm not dead yet, I guess it wasn't a sharptooth I ran into out there....thank goodness! Then a smile crossed his face as the thought of fresh water was irresistable, and he was at the waters edge in moments...never so happy as he was right now drinking his fill....

But he didn't notice the Iguanodons shadow moving behind him....

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga watched the flyer drink and waited for him to finish before speaking up.  
The iguanodon asked, "Excuse me, are you alright?  You had a nasty bump there.  What happened?"
Kaga was still puzzled as to why the flyer had flown right into him like that.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Occ: Where is Raptor?  I'd kinda like to continue on now.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OOC: Present! And absouloluty at a loss as to what to post!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The iguanodon asked, "Excuse me, are you alright? You had a nasty bump there. What happened?"
Kaga was still puzzled as to why the flyer had flown right into him like that.

Longtail looked up from his drink of water, and looked behind him to see an Iguanadon, smiled and said "Yes, I'm okay now....I guess I have you to thank for saving my life."

Then Longtail answered the second question "I just fell asleep while flying and that is always a bad thing for a flyer." he said shaking his head, then he looked up and decided to change the subject by saying "So where are you heading...maybe I could be of some help?"

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga replied hoping that the, "Well, there may be something you can help me with.  I have been searching for the Great Valley but I have no clue where I'm going.  Could you perhaps give me directions?"
Kaga was really hoping that the flyer knew something about the valley.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail's eyes widened when Kaga mentioned the Great Valley as his answer indicated.... "You're going to the Great Valley, I only know about it from stories, and tales, but..." he broke off speaking for a moment to think... 'Come on, think LT think!'

Then it came to him! "I've got it!" he shouted "I remember hearing a way to get to the valley....but I only remember one part..." Longtail admitted sheepishly.....