The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Awakening - Rise of the Five

Lillefot · 158 · 15386

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Daniel shot up out of his relaxing position, as he noticed Lizzie laughing and moving very fast next to him. He didn¥t know what was going on and looked around in the car, til he saw Jamie. He began to laugh as well now, very hard. He wasn¥t very talkactive, but if there is something to laugh about he always did. And this was absolutely the right moment for it.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Jamie calmed himself down. Still chuckling.
He noticed Rob, who clearly didn't laugh anymore. Jamie stopped smiling as if he had got a slap on his cheek.
"Hey Rob... what's wrong..? he said and looked at him kindly.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Daniel, who still was laughing, calmed down now as well. He looked over to Rob, too and waited for an answer of him.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rob finally came too when he heard Jamie's voice. He looked back and realized everybody was looking at him. He hesitated before saying anything. Why is it so hard? Just tell them! "I was just having a really bad memory. I don't like talking about it much, but I guess you guys deserve to know. When I was young, I was trapped in my bedroom because our house caught on fire. We still don't know how it started, but it spread really fast. I would have been dead, but the firemen managed to come in and save me. Now I hate fire, and for some reason I've been having this stupid flashback. I had it on the plane as well. I just don't understand why it's happening all of a sudden."

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Jamie nodded.
He could see the pain in his friend's eyes...
Jamie didn't know what to say.
"I'm so sorry Rob... I... You don't have to talk more about it now if you don't want to..." he said, with respect for Rob, as the car were filled with other people. He didn't want to make it any worse...
Jamie hesitated. Take it later. Leave him be for now...

Lizzie sat in her seat quietly.
She couldn't find anything to say, and even if she did, she wasn't sure if it would make it any better. The feeling made her sad...
She sank down in her seat and moved, without intention in the first place, closer to Daniel. When she realized she was touching his arm, she got red.
"...ah... Sorry!" she said and quickly moved back to her place.
She bit on her nails for a moment, then turned her face and starred out of the window, on the landscapes flashing by.
The car, had gone silent.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Cal sat inside the car and sighed as he took out the map.

"Let's see... the bar should be by the road, but its quite a good distance." He mumbled.

Quickly, the car turned away from the airport, into the highway. The vans were far ahead already.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rob sighed. "Thanks Jamie, but there's nothing you need to apologize for. You surely didn't cause the fire. It's taken a while for me, but I think I've gotten over it. Now ever since-" He stopped himself before he gave his secret away. "I guess now it's coming back to me for some reason." That was too close. Be more careful next time. Rob smiled. "Well we have better things to worry about now, like the fact that I am going to destroy all of you in gym class!" That's good. Try to break the dismal mood.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It¥s okay, Daniel said and smiled. At least it wasn¥t such a shock like before as you woke me up with your laughter, he said laughing a bit. But he suddenly stopped as he remembered what Rob just told them and sank in the seat again.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Gunther got onto his motorcycle whcih was parked outside the airport and raced off to the bar where he was going to meet Cal.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cal double-checked the map and assumd it was the bar he could now see near the road.

He parked on the small ledge of the bar and got out, locking the car and entering the bar while keeping an eye on what was around him.

Something's not good here... He thought.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Jamie put himself together. He decided to leave Rob be for now.
He was curious about one thing though... How long they were going to drive?
He leaned forward.
The car had a GPS. It was a small module with a bright display standing on the instrumental board. Jamie looked closer.
It shown a route, their veichle and...

2 hours left!?

Jamie let out a big sigh, and threw himself back into the seat.
"What is it?"
Lizzie's face was up next to him again.
"We're stuck here for a while..." Jamie said.
"The GPS says 2 hours!"

Lizzie made a bored noise.
She sank back into her seat and pressed her face against the window.

Jamie looked out as well.
Looks like we're leaving town... he thought...
And was pressed backwards in his seat as the van accelerated and drove up on a bigger, faster, more traficated road.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Gunther arrived at the bar and parked his motorcycle before walking into the bar.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Two hours. Man, nooo. I thought it would be over after the flight He looked over to Lizzie, who is looking out of the window. "Bored, huh?

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cal went in and walked to the counter, sitting on a nearby chair.

The waitress bluntly came, staring at him with an annoyed face.

"That'd be a beer." cal quickly asked, trying not to give attention to the woman.

After a grunt, the woman walked away.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rob overheard Jamie and sighed. "Great. So first we wait forever on a plane, and now we have to sit in here for two hours? Well at least that old hag isn't in the car with us. I swear our principal gives me the creep. She's like the Wicked Witch of the West or something." Rob made a disgusted, choking face as if she were gropping his neck and squeezing it tightly.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Indeed..." Jamie said with a low tone.
"Wanna know something scary? When I was walking inside this car, she looked at me. And when I walked passed her, I can swear... that I felt cold."

It was strange. jamie had met many scary people in his life. But never had he felt the way he did when he walked past Mrs. Audrey. He hoped it was just a weird one time experience.

Jamie jumped. Rob's face dissapeared infront of him. Everything was suddenly pitch black. Then  the light came back... only to dissapear and reapear again.
They had drove into a tunnel.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rob looked up when they entered the cave and smiled. "I always love driving in the cave. It's so cool. My brother and I used to do this game where we held our breath and tried to hold it through the whole distance of the cave. Of course, neither of us won, but it was fun anyway." He looked back at the other van and smiled. "What if somehow Mrs. Audrey got lost in this tunnel?"

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Mrs. Audrey got lost in this tunnel...
Mrs. Audrey was holding a mirror. It had a wodden frame and the shape of an eye.
She balanced it and starred into it, and she was hardly breathing.
She saw Jamie and his friends clearly. She turned the mirror and saw Lizze and Daniel. She was in the car with them, driving trough the tunnel.

The elderly woman's eyes darkened at the comment, only to transform into an evil grin. Afterall, all would be paid back in time. She'd get her revenge...
---------------------------------------

Jamie chuckled at the comment. He saw a light infront of the car, and stretched himself up.
It came closer, and grew intensly in every metre.
Jamie squeezed his eyes, now the light was very intense.
Then, with a burst, the light went away and Jamie opened his eyes...
And starred with amazement! He had never seen anything like it!
"WOOOW....!"
They were driving on a road on the edge of a cliff.
Below them, were the coast and the sea, blue and shining in the sunlight. Over the bay was high mountains with snow covered tops, and there was not a cloud in the sky. The nature was dancing in bright colors, and a small breeze sent waves into the shores. Jamie could see a small boat making it's way down below, making its way out of trhe bay and out to the open North sea and the horizon.

"Awesome..." he whispered and pressed his face closer to the window.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cal looked around while the drink didn't come.

Nobody seemed to mind him, at least not anyone he could clearly see.

However, there was a man inside the bar that left him some doubts.

The arrival of the beer, though, distracted him.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Daniel was indeed amazed by the view of the outside. He leant himself over Lizzies shoulder and tried to get a better look out of the window. In all my adventures I had, I never saw something beautiful like this before.