The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Foreign versions of songs...

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Mar 26 2008 on  06:45 PM
I dont know the english names of the 3 songs of lbt 3...
1st one: "When You're Big"
2nd: "Kids Like Us"
3rd: "Standing Tough"

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Added, added, and updated

There's really no Spanish stuff out there? :( I wish I had a ripper >.< and the space

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tails you have spelled some dutch titles incorrectly
I've corrected them inhere so you can just copy the name.

3 - Kinderen Net Als Ons- Kids Like Us - Thanks to Mumbling - Audio Only
8 - Hoort Erbij- Family - Thanks to Mumbling - Audio Only
10 - Vader en Zoon - Me and My Dad - Thanks to Mumbling - Audio Only

If you want to you can change it, otherwise just leave it like it is.. :rolleyes:  You had just missed some words or switched a letter.. heh :P:  I can't rip the songs from LBT 2 and 6 sadly enough. :( I'll try on another computer when I can. :bang

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Can someone adivise me on the best way to get the songs off the DVD? I have a program called "DVD Decrypter", but I remeber the last time I used it I could only get Japanese audio (this wasn't LBT I'm afraid). Thanks in advance.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Clawandfang,Mar 30 2008 on  05:19 PM
Can someone adivise me on the best way to get the songs off the DVD? I have a program called "DVD Decrypter", but I remeber the last time I used it I could only get Japanese audio (this wasn't LBT I'm afraid). Thanks in advance.
I use Blaze Media Pro, ok you have to pay for it probably after 30 days but maybe you can somehow crack it? I just use the record audio function start playing the dvd at the right point and start recording... But I bet there are better/free programms.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, thanks. I'll trying asking in the Computer/Electronics section, I think I'll get a better response there. If you have a suggestion please put it in there, to save this topic getting clogged up.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
yea I'd avoid talking of such things as "cracking", it's in bad taste I think

-will fix names after posting this-

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, I've finally got my act together and recorded something. I'm only going to do this one until I can get some feedback on the quality, because despite my best efforts, and putting every volume control I could lay my hands on up to full, I couldn't seem to get the bars on Goldwave where I wanted them to be. It sounds fine to me but I always appreciate more opinions. Anyway:

LBT 11-Creepy Crawlies (Russian).mp3

I couldn't directly copy the title, as I couldn't figure out a way to get the right characters here. Instead I've taken this directly off my DVD:

Okay, was going to put the image here but kept getting the "no dynamic pages" message. Until someone can suggest a solution to me I'll just provide a link:

Russian Creepy Crawlies Title

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Added and problem solved :) The title is Гадкие Ползучки

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Updating an older topic. I just noticed that my 4shared acount is.. eh.. dead.. I promise to RE upload all the dutch songs to another place.

I also got a few new ones.. Same bad quality though(with short gaps inbetween the music) I don't know why it's happening.

anyway, some new ones(in dutch)::

Yellow belly bounce: Blauwe buik ballet
If only: Echt Nooit Meer
Say so: Het Zeg
Girls and Dads: Mijn pap
Creepy Crawlies:Onderkruipers
How do you know: Wat moet je doen

Tails, if you could add them? :^.^:
Songs of lbt 12 will also be coming up.. and I also got some other strange languages :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're one of us now: Je hoort er echt bij
Kids like us: Kinderen net als wij
Peaceful valley: Kom je met me spelen
Standing Tough: Blijf Paraat
When you're big: Wij zijn groot
Friends for dinner: Fruit en Groenvoer
Always there: Veiligheid
Big water: Wild water
Very Important Creature: Een geboren leider
Good inside: Hart van goud
Beyond the mysterious beyond: Het geheimzinnige verweg
The Lesson: De Les
Family: Hoort Erbij
Imaginairy friend: Ingebeelde vriend
No one has to be alone: Niemand hoeft alleen te zijn
Chanson D'ennui: Vervelen
Adventuring:Op avontuur
Me and my dad: Vader en zoon

That were the older versions.. It might take some time eh to update the whole list..

Maybe this makes a nice sticky, if more people have interest in these things :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the links.  It is interesting to listen to them sometimes.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I figure it would, it's hard to find some of these when they migrate back a bit

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dutch version of if we hold on together :o !!!!

Aye, it was on the CD I bought yesterday! Gosh I fell in love. It is sang by the dutch voices of Ducky & Cera... Although I still dont know who they are :oops  :wow  :smile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Oh boy, I love it! :)
I admit that I do not understand every word but those words which I do understand seem to carry the gist of "If we hold on together quite well". By the sounds of it they did better than the German translators who made it rather corny by including "fairys" in the lyrics and generally made it refer less to reality than the original song (e.g. by turning "If we hold on together" into what would translate into "If we dream together").
The line "naar vrede streven", does it mean "striving for joy" or is it "striving for peace"?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 22 2009 on  12:31 PM
Oh boy, I love it! :)
I admit that I do not understand every word but those words which I do understand seem to carry the gist of "If we hold on together quite well". By the sounds of it they did better than the German translators who made it rather corny by including "fairys" in the lyrics and generally made it refer less to reality than the original song (e.g. by turning "If we hold on together" into what would translate into "If we dream together").
The line "naar vrede streven", does it mean "striving for joy" or is it "striving for peace"?
Striving for peace. That's what it means. Vrede = peace.

I have heard the german version too, you're right that the dutch version is translated just a bit better. I'm amazed  :!