The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you read the comic book

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
What comic book? You did not specify what comic book. There's a lot of comic books out there.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Maybe you could scan an image of the comic onto your computer? Cause I find it highly unlikely that you're going to find another individual on this forum who's read that comic.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's one of the pages. And the comic also states that Fidget's wing is no longer broken.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd say luck.  I mean, he may have landed and been fished out by someone or something...

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I would have to say so myself. Bats, especially bats as tiny as Fidget, really don't last in the water that long. If the inability to swim doesn't get them, the fish will. (I like to think of Fidget as something like a Pipstrell (sp?), and as you Brits know, they are REALLY tiny bats)

I am, however, surprised that Fidget seems to have switched sides O_O

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Apparently, bats are able to swim, though they do become exhausted and drown if they can't get out of the water soon enough. (Many insect-eating bats hunt over water, so I suppose it would make sense to have the ability to swim in case of an accidental aquatic landing.) I also know of a wildlife documentary, The Life of Mammals which has a segment on flying foxes (large fruit bats) swooping over water for a drink, and occasionally falling in, but swimming to shore without much difficulty. (The real danger for them was the crocodiles waiting on the bank . . . :blink:) Most bats also can't achieve liftoff from the ground (or from water, for that matter); they can only drop into the air from a height. So a bat that's crash-landed in the water would not only need to get out of the water, but find a vertical surface that it could climb until it was at a sufficient height to launch itself into the air again. Needless to say, most bats try to stay out of the water.

I had to check on the spelling myself, but it's "pipistrelle". ;)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile