The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2016 Fanfiction Awards

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The fanfiction awards will use the same rules as before when Mumbling hosted them with a minor modification to the vote casting times.  Nonetheless, for those of you who are new or who wish to have a refresher as to the process, here are the rules for the fanfiction awards.

Joining:

1)   Everyone who wants his or her fanfiction to be part of the awards must enter their fanfiction before October 31, 2016. You may enter up to 5 of your fanfictions, but can only have 1 fanfiction award from each year in your signature. Fanfiction must include the following criteria (subject to change):

The fanfiction has to include at least 1 of the main characters from The Land Before Time. It would not be an LBT fanfiction otherwise. Preferably, this character has maintain his or her actual characteristics (so Littlefoot would not be some kind of dictator out to murder everyone).

Fanfiction has to be either a script, poetry or prose. It can consist of several chapters or just a shorter story, but the minimum length required is 1 full page in Microsoft word (Calibri 11, or Times New Roman 12). If you do not own Microsoft Word, ask me to copy your fanfiction to see if it is eligible.

The fanfiction should have been updated or created between the last fanfiction award (August 2015) and now (October 1, 2016) and should be posted on the Gang of Five as a full story or as a link to fanfiction sites. It does not have to be finished.

2)Fill in this form and send it to me by PM:

Name of fanfiction:
Short summary:
Link to fanfiction on the GoF:
Author(s): (You have to be one of the authors, but if you have a co-writer, put him/her down here)
Any other comment:

Voting
You can rate fanfics here: (no topic created yet - it will be posted after October 31)

1)   We list all fanfictions that you can vote for in one thread. In that thread you can post your rating for the fanfiction. Voting is simple, but it will take some time. You may pick any of the fanfictions you've read, and only those you have read. You will rate this fanfiction a mark from 1 to 10, and include a little description of why you want to give that fanfiction that mark. This description should include your opinion and should show that you've actually read the fanfiction.

2)   Voting looks like this:
Fanfiction: [name of fanfiction 1]
I rate it: 6/10
Because: This fanfiction was average. It did not keep my attention span for much longer than 5 minutes. Next to that it was so obvious what would happen to Cera, everyone knew that she would eventually escape from the Sharptooth. However it is still an interesting plot line and could be made into a movie if it was written with more care and enthusiasm.

Fanfiction: [name of fanfiction 2]
I rate it: 8/10
Because: Wow! I've never seen anyone write this well! As much as I despise human influence in the land before time, it was awesome to see how Littlefoot communicated with them.

3) If you have submitted your fanfiction as nomination, you HAVE to rate someone else's fanfiction (you may not rate your own). You need to review at least one fanfiction for every fanfiction you submit. If you submit 5, you review 5!

4) After the awards are over, everyone who participated in the fanfiction award will get an award for them to show in their signature. It will state the following:

Fanfiction award for [name of fanfiction here]
Number of votes: 3
Average rating: 7/10

You may only include 1 fanfiction award per year in your signature, no matter how many fanfictions you submitted that year. - Just pick your favorite.

You will not be disqualified for the appreciated member award if you join these awards.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You get one of those signature awards in your signature for Fanfic Awards? I'm not sure I've ever seen one.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Oct 14 2016 on  05:02 PM
You get one of those signature awards in your signature for Fanfic Awards? I'm not sure I've ever seen one.
Yep.   :yes If you look at my signature on this post you can see two fanfic awards, both for the same fanfic. They are structured a bit differently than the normal awards (as the fanfic awards includes a score based upon how people rate the fanfic in question) but they can be included in one's signature.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just a little reminder, everyone.  The forum award voting will be concluding in a little under a week.  So please make sure to vote if you wish to do so at this page.

Additionally, the period in which to submit fanfics for candidacy in the fanfiction awards will be ending in about a week.  So if you wish to have your fanfic be available for consideration then please PM me as soon as possible.  Thus far only Fyn16, LettuceBacon&Tomato, and myself have submitted fanfics for consideration.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't worry, I will submit mine shortly. Just need to start posting one of them so I can legitimately submit them :p
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, there will be a topic opened to allow for voting for the fanfiction awards in about one week.  This will be done as soon as the tie-breaker round of the normal awards is finished after 11/9/2016.  The fanfics that will be open for voting will be as follows:

Name: To Tread Upon Fields Afar.
Short Summary: Two Amargasaurus siblings find themselves caught up in a journey they never planned to make when they find out their father, thought to have been lost long ago, may still be alive, in a place long thought to be a myth: the Great Valley. Along the way they meet new friends, discover new perils, and come to the realization that their real purpose is far greater than either ever imagined
Link:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=15651
Author: Fyn16

Name of fanfiction: LBT The Musical
Short summary: When a terrible storm breaks a hole in the great wall and Grandpa Longneck falls seriously ill, Mr. Threehorn makes a bid to take control of the Great Valley. At the same time, Chomper learns that an old foe is taking the opportunity to settle a score with Littlefoot and his friends.
Link to fanfiction on the GoF:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...howtopic=15667/
Author(s) : LettuceBacon&Tomato
Any other comment: Rated PG. Contains romance, politics, drug use, light violence, and songs.

Name of fan fiction: The Swimmer Trials
Short Summary: Ducky is chosen for a Trial that no has survived and the story is about the lead up to the day, the events on the day and the aftermath of The Swimmer Trials
Link to fanfiction on Gof:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=14310
Author: The Lone Dragon
Any other comments: The Fanfic has many chapters and is unfinished but it is closer to completion (not by too much though)

Name of fanfiction: Shorty's Dark Past
Short summary: Roughly based on the events of LBT 10, this is a story that tries to explore Shorty's mysterious past as he meets new and old friends and fiends in the oasis where many Longnecks had wandered to, following their sleepstories, waiting for an mysterious event to occur. What happened in Shorty's early childhood? Why did he turn into the jerk he often is? And how are these past events going to influence his life at present and in the future? Read the story to find out ;) Romance and violence and also many funny scenes included.
Link to fanfiction on the GoF:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=13136
Author(s) : Ducky123
Any other comment: in-progress

Name of fanfiction: The Dreadful Time of Great Growing
Short summary: What happens when the Gang eventually grows up? Well, puberty. In this story, I am attempting to lead our adventurous (and rebellious? :unsure:) Gang into these exciting years, trying to find the right balance between the Gang that we're used to and the Gang that's struggling with their hormones :p
Link to fanfiction on the GoF:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=15329
Any other comment: in-progress/on semi-hiatus

Name of fanfiction: Freeze
Short summary: Short story that goes a bit deeper into the relationship of Ducky and Spike in LBT 8. Alternate ending.
Link to fanfiction on the GoF:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=15373
Any other comment: finished

Name of fanfiction: Songs of the Hunters
Short summary: The Seven Hunters are back and this time they are relating their epic adventures to their children. What crises befell the pack after they left the Great Valley? How did they take back their territory? What happened to their friends and allies? And how did these wonderful children come about? Find out along with their kids as you listen to the songs of the hunters. (part 2 of the Seven Hunters continuity)
Link to fanfiction on the GoF:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=14146
Author(s) : Rhombus
Any other comment: Complete

Name of fanfiction: Mender’s Tale
Short summary: Based upon a roleplay with Historian1912 and set in the Seven Hunters continuity. Mender has the reputation as being the best healer in the Mysterious Beyond, helping all who require it, but that was not always the case. Follow Mender as she recalls how a lowly fastbiter eventually found her place in life once she met a most unusual pack. This is Mender's Tale.
Link to fanfiction on the GoF:http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=15413
Authors: : Rhombus and Historian1912
Any other comment: In progress

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Minor note rhombus, looks like you copy pasted the first few URLs with ellipses in them and the links don't work.

Also just letting y'all know, I plan on reading and casting a review for every single fanfiction in the awards (except my own.) We all want readers and reviews, and I think it's only fair to do unto others as I'd have them do unto me :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Same for me... all stories I haven't read thus far, will be read and reviewed by me :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I suppose I'll jump on this train too! It's high time I got some more reading done, and the selections look pretty interesting!