The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A sudden change of species

Ducky123 · 289 · 41324

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"My wish was so I could have Friends for Dinner, of course!" Chomper proudly proclaimed.

He waited for a moment, to see others reactions, then said "Nah, I'm just kidding!"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well, our purpose is done now so we will leave you again children," Galli spoke, smiling at the children. They were so innocent... if they knew what they would have to deal with very soon... She almost felt sorry for their fate but that actually wasn't allowed by the rules. "Farewell, children!"

"FINALLY!" Cera thought, grinning harshly. She soon joined in the ongoing discussing concerning the wishes they had made. "Well, they probably know anyway,"she mused before speaking up.
"Well, I wished to become braver and stronger. No big deal, it's a matter of training anyway. Don't be too focused on these wishes coz they won't turn true anyway."
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike, for his part, simply sighed at the departure of the rainbowfaces.  He could not tell the others what he had wished for because his wish had not yet been granted.  Since his wish of being able to speak had not yet come to pass, he would simply have to carry on in silence as he had before.

He then looked up at the others to see how they were reacting to the situation.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Uhhh... eheheheh, yeah, funny!" Littlefoot laughed at Chomper's joke, only finding it half-funny in reality. "Well uh... bye! I guess..." the longneck said to the rainbowfaces, waving his tail at them.

"Yes! Do take care, children! We shall see you later!" Mimus promised as he departed with his companion.

"Well... huh. I wished for our friendship to endure forever, as long as we live." Littlefoot stated, smiling at the group around him. "May it never die! I guess that one won't come true right away though, since we'll have to wait till the end of our lives to see." he chuckled, giving a shrug of his fore shoulders.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby was deep in thoughts. She didn't know whether her wish had been the one that her heart seeked for the most or not. There were more important things after all...

"Well, I have wished to become very wise although I'm already kind of wise," the pink Fastrunner spoke up. She feared that her wish was kind of selfish since she wished for an improvement that only she would benefit of. Littlefoot was the only one who had actually phrased a wish that would benefit the group. Though, if each member improved their abilities, it would eventually benefit the whole group, right? Ruby wasn't sure.

She shifted her mind to Spike who looked a little sad. "I kind of know what Spike has wished for since he would have told us his wish if he could..."

"Say Spike," she adressed the Spiketail. "Did you wish for the ability to speak?"

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike was jolted out of his thoughts by Ruby's question.  I guess that my wish would be easy to guess.  He thought to himself.  The ability to speak would makes things much easier for me.

Taking a look at Ruby, he simply nodded and gave an affirmative grunt.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"Oh, so we hear Spike talk?!" Petrie exclaimed excitedly. He faced him. "Try, try! Maybe it work now!" He waited, but after a while it became apparent nothing was happening. "Well... me guess we really do need to wait."

He sighed and looked around at the others. "So what we do until then?"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera wasn't surprised that Spike didn't speak up...since he couldn't. It had always been that way and that way it'd stay in her opinion.

"Petrie... what we aaaaaaaaalways do of course..." Cera said annoyedly. "Let's have some games like always... Haven't we agreed on a game already before those creeps showed up anyway?"

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike decided to ignore Cera's tone concerning the rainbowfaces.  He didn't detect any malice from them, but then again Cera was always skeptical of new things.

Thinking back to Cera's question, Spike thought to himself.  Oh yeah...  We were playing Sharptooth Attack, weren't we?  

Nodding to Cera, he looked back towards the others.  Who was going to be "the sharptooth" this time?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Gang eventually chose Ruby to be the "Sharptooth". They were playing almost for the whole day, aside from some short breaks to check back with their folks, to have a snack or just to recover from the running.
In the evening, their parents tucked them into their nests - as lovely as they did every evening - and they fell asleep peacefully.
For the whole day, the Rainbowfaces didn't make it into their minds. They had been forgotten already in the process of playing and having lots of fun but they would enter their mind sooner than the seven kids would have liked...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was dark in the Great Valley. Very dark. The Night Circle was shining upon a group of carnivorous dinosaurs, spending only little light, but the sharpteeth didn't mind the darkness. Their eyes were adapted to be capable of stalking their prey at night also while their prey was almost blind.
The group consisted of seven members, each grinning at the sight of six young dinosaurs playing. They were a pack of different species, four of them being swift fastbiters, two of them being mighty twoclaws (=t-rex) and one being a sharp-eyed sharptooth flyer.
"Let's get us some delicious younglings!" the twoclaw whose skin was of a brown-ish colour growled. His statement was greeted by cheers from his pack members, his twoclaw pal being of a purple-ish colour, his four fastbiter pals being of a light-green, dark-green, light-pink and orange colour respectively and his flying pal being of a dark brown skin colour. Quietly, they began to approach their prey...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The dark green fastbiter smiled as he looked upon the hapless younglings playing in the distance.  The fact that they were still playing attested to the fact that they were unable to see him or any of the others in the pervasive darkness, whereas he could see them very clearly.  He very quickly sized up the prey that lay before him.  

The longneck and spiketail would be easy catches, no doubt, on account of their great size and bulky build.  The swimmer and the flyer each would pose their own challenges, but he had no doubt that their own sharptooth flyer could make quick work of the flyer.  He looked over and saw his lighter green counterpart silently move closer to the swimmer, whereas their leader was edging closer to the longneck.  Well, those two are accounted for. He thought to himself.  The threehorn and the fastrunner would reach require strength and speed, respectively, in order to subdue, so he would leave those to the others.

Making his decision, he edged closer to the spiketail and gave a curt nod to his leader.  All he was waiting for now was the order to attack...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The sharptooth flyer stretched his wings, and the air current carried him higher, higher. Far below, he could make out the forms of the young leafeaters running around, the movements as clear and sharp to his eyes as if he'd been down there amongst them. The young ones were playing.

The dark brown flyer grinned inwardly. Playing. He liked a good chase as much as anyone... but it was nice when they made it easy for a change. Tilting his head, the flyer scanned for the rest of his pack, and noted that they were moving into position. Snapping his beak, he tucked his body in and lowered into a dive, taking his place over the tiny flyer below. Good cloud cover meant there was less chance of them noticing his shadow. For a second the moon broke through, and the flyer's razor-sharp teeth glinted cruelly as he waited patiently for the others to make their move. He was going to enjoy this...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The yellow fastbiter salivated upon seeing her dinner that was playing innocently. "Hmm, haven't had younglings in a fair while... Their flesh is so tender and... yuuuuummy," she thought. Like everybody else, she was getting ready to hunt down an easy prey. "For a change..." her mind added sarcastically. Her pack had a rough time lately so they were starving extremely.
She saw that her pack members focussed on their prey already. "I'm gonna kill the threehorn!" she thought. Being the bigheaded fastbiter she was, she had to hunt down the biggest prey. Not that killing a young one was that big a deal...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The tyranosaur growled in response to the others starting to pick their prey. "That longneck is mine!" he ordered, licking his lips. "You guys can have the others, but I want that longneck for myself!" Smacking his mouth, he began circling the group from a distance, keeping to the thick trees to conceal himself. The children were still merrily playing, completely unaware of the danger they were in. Spittle dripped out of his mouth and down to the ground, splashing in small pools as he walked as quietly as he could, waiting for the others to completely surround the group before he'd make his move. Any minute now, and he'd be feasting on wonderful longneck! Any minute now, and he'd be tasting that flesh he hadn't had in oh so long...

An odd occurrence was taking place outside the dream. Littlefoot had stood up from his nest, eyes closed, but his legs had started moving of their own accord, carrying him forward now. The longneck was deeply asleep, and completely dead to the fact he was sleepwalking. Even more curious, he was growling a bit, almost as if he were mimicking a sharptooth in the many games he played with his friends. He was smacking his lips, and the further he sleepwalked, the more he growled. Soon, he was openly salivating onto the ground, something he rarely if ever did in his waking hours.

It was a curious change indeed, and he seemed fiercer, incredibly determined, and darkly savage as his legs continued moving him onward, one foot stepping in front of the other as he walked in his sleep, still as unaware of this as he had been since it had started.

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A young purple tyrannosaurus crept up behind his brown brother. "Let me scare that little longneck right into your jaws. There's enough longneck there for both of us!"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The brown tyranosaur grinned and nodded. "All right... go ahead! This I want to see!" he exclaimed, licking his lips again. "Scare him right into my jaws!"

(runner up)
(runner up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The rose fastbiter slowly edged closer to the group of young ones who were completely unaware of the fact that they would die any moment in the cruelest way known to them.
"Oh, that fastrunner looks so delicious... I want her succulent, raw flesh so badly! I wanna smeeeeeeeeeell her blood, I wanna taste it, I wanna suck it in! Besides, I just love her colour... just as pink as me, heh." Giving her leader a questioning look that was responded to acknowledgingly, she focused on her prey, awaiting the order to attack and spitting all over the floor in anticipation of the wonderful taste that her tongue would soon experience...

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
The light green fastbiter seemed to enjoy waiting for the right moment to strike, although she wasn't sure that she wanted to kill a young one. Wait...scratch the thought. She was a fastbiter, and eating other dinosaurs was her hobby, as was the case for the rest of the fastbiters. She had to get someone...yes...the little swimmer looked delicious...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The flyer circled around, not taking his eyes off the small piece of meat flapping around beneath him. He snapped his beak again, impatiently, the sound cold and dead. This was taking too long... though the shapes down there, their food, were wonderfully ignorant of their surroundings, all it would take is one glance in their direction to make this hunt a lot harder.

In the corner of his vision, the flyer could see the two tyrannosaurs of his pack moving closer. His eyes, shining in anticipation, narrowed and he started to tuck his wings inwards, preparing to dive.

------------------------------------------

High above the Great Valley, a small shadow passed over the still forms of sleeping dinosaurs. Petrie, his eyes closed, tilted his body and started to drift purposefully to the side. His beak snapped. His small claws twitched. Back in the nest, one of Petrie's sibling's groaned in her sleep and stretched out a wing, hitting empty space where Petrie had been lying moments earlier.  She muttered something, and it seemed for a second that she would wake up, would notice her brother was gone. Then she turned over again, and everything was still.