The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A sudden change of species

Ducky123 · 289 · 47787

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby, like all of her friends, was trapped. A tree trunk - too high and massive to climb - had blocked her and her friend's escape route all of a sudden. The fastbiters and twoclaws were advancing; Ruby could see the malice in their predatory eyes.
"Oh no! They look very hungry... and mad, hungry and mad they look," her brain screamed in panic; not even in such a situation Ruby lost her speech pattern. The predators were now in range; one leap at her throat enough to destroy the talkative fast-runner she was - and soon wouldn't be anymore.
Ruby's instincts told her to run but she couldn't run anywhere besides right into the claws of the rose-coloured fastbiter that had been pursuing her earlier already. It was growling at her, showing the fast-runner its most malicious toothy grin upon knowing that her prey was dead, practically. It only had to strike.
Before Ruby could utter a scream, the predators attacked. The fast-runner could hear Ducky's terror-stricken scream- or was it Littlefoot's? Before she could utter a single loud, an excruciating pain shot through her body as a huge part of her back had been ripped out of her body, bones being crushed, blood spattering everywhere, screams of mortal agony and ecstatic roars deafening Ruby's ears. Knowing she'd meet her end any second, she spoke her last words on this side of life.
"Goodbye my friends, my friends goodb..."
*CRACK*
The rose fastbiter disconnected Ruby's head from the rest of her body by biting down on her neck, Ruby not being able to finish her good-bye. She knew no more, neither did her friends...

In reality, Ruby joined the magical circle her friends were forming and began to transform. Her change was much easier since her body was already similar to the body of a fastbiter but nevertheless she growled in pain, still sleeping. To an outsider, this scene would look disturbing and the sounds that the changing dinosaurs uttered in their sleep would have alerted the whole valley, hadn't they met deep in a wood by miracle...
Inactive, probably forever.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper just stood back, watching his friend do all of the messy work. Gnashing, ripping of flesh, and the smell of fresh blood filled the air, making the purple sharptooth only salivate even more over the coming feast.

----------------------------------------

In reality, Chomper was heading to the very same circle all of his friends were heading to as well. He his still asleep body took a position in the center of the circle the rest of the Gang were forming. He was the only one not in horrible pain at that moment, since, you know, he didn't have to undergo any transformation.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The seven children were facing each other, their eyes closed and still sleeping. The last amendments were made to their bodies that were so different from their old bodies now. They groaned and growled in their sleep, not feeling the pain the transformation caused. Everyone but Chomper... He wasn't changed but his sleepstories still made him growl in his troubled sleep.
Their bodies were now ready; the seven young ones jerked out of their sleep, facing the ugly faces of their fellow friends whom they didn't recognise anymore despite their original colouring. They didn't know yet what abilities they had now and what abilities they lost... and most importantly, they weren't aware of their gruelsome fate... yet.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The first thing that Spike noticed was the darkness.

He had just had the scariest sleep story that he could remember.  A terrifying tale that he witnessed from the viewpoint of the both the hunted and the hunter.  For a few moments after the green fast biter launched his final attack, he wondered if the sleep story was real and the darkness was simply what overtook you when you died.  However, after a few moments, he could hear the sounds of plants rustling in the wind, the heavy breathing of someone right next to him, and even what sounded like a stifled gasp.  It seemed that it was just a sleep story.  As soon as he reached this revelation, he hastily opened his eyes.

He immediately wished that he hadn't.  

Spike sucked in a deep breath, as he struggled to suppress a scream.  He was surrounded by sharpteeth!  A sharptooth flyer was to his right, whereas a brown tyrannosaurus in front of him was staring in his direction with a shocked expression.  The familiar face to his left filled him with pause, however.  Chomper!  In horror Spike realized that Chomper seemed to be frozen in place, his mouth agape.  I have to get him before the sharpteeth get him!  The obvious weirdness of the situation had not reached the consciousness of the former spiketail, as his only concern now was to rouse Chomper and flee from the predators that now surrounded him.  Hearing an audible scream from one of the fastbiters, Spike turned and tried to run towards Chomper...

Only to crash face-first into the ground.

Spike shook himself off, the panic of being around so many sharpteeth not having dissipated.  What is going on! He protested.  He couldn't determine why he was having difficulty getting up.  He looked at his clawed forelimbs in annoyance.  Why couldn't they do their job?  That was when the realization came to him.

Claws?! I have claws?!  The former spiketail thought to himself as the sounds of panic and confusion began to erupt around him.  However, he no longer paid any heed to the mysterious predators around him.  A more existential fear now gripped him.

With dawning horror, he looked at his two new appendages and noticed that each forelimb had three clawed digits.  What is going on!?  His panicked mind processed, as his eyes darted to the rest of his body.  He looked to his hind legs.  Each had four digits, including a small dewclaw, but the second digit had a massive claw that dwarfed the others.  A sickle claw.  He knew of only one kind of dinosaur that had that characteristic.  I... I'm a fastbiter... How?!  Spike desperately thought to himself.  Was this some kind of waking nightmare?  Spike had gone from being himself to being the splitting image of a predator, his worst fear, in the span of a single sleep story.  It was far too much for the poor child to process.

His breathing coming in quick, panicked gulps, Spike looked up at the other strange sharpteeth who were likewise now wide awake and reacting to their predicament in their own ways.  He was too overwhelmed at that moment to notice that they looked just as scared and confused as he was.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
In his dream, the sharptooth flyer was soaring up into the sky, clutching Petrie tightly in his talons. As the air rushed past him at breakneck speed, buffeting him relentlessly, the sharptooth's grip started to grow even tighter. Petrie felt the pressure building. He tried to scream as the strain on his limbs, his joints, grew unbearable - but the air had been forced out of his lungs. He could only gape soundlessly as his bones snapped, as talons shredded flesh and tore muscle.

Then, without warning, the pressure subsided. The sharptooth flyer released him and, suddenly free, Petrie tumbled helplessly through the air.

In shock, Petrie was only dimly aware of his situation. Weakly, he tried to open his wings but the torn flaps of skin fluttered uselessly in the air, his crushed and broken body refusing to obey him. He could only watch, a helpless observer, the night sky and the ground spinning madly as he hurtled towards earth. It rushed up to meet him, the wind roaring in his ears. Closer... closer...

What... Petrie's eyes focused almost absent-mindedly. On a hill, he could make out some sort of circle... and he was heading straight for it. Growing closer, he could make out that it was formed of a small group. A tyrannosaurus, fast-biters... Chomper?! What was he doing with all these sharpteeth? It never occurred to Petrie to question how he could suddenly make out all these details - their eyes closed as if dreaming, mouths twitching and revealing rows of deadly teeth.

No! No, please no! Petrie's eyes widened in terror. Next to the green sharptooth, a familiar shape was growing horribly closer. The sharptooth flyer. And he was staring up at Petrie. Grinning. Waiting. Petrie tried to scream, a thin whistle tearing free from his beak. Not him... please not him... The flyer seemed to be looming up now, drawing him inexorably closer, eyes flashing in anticipation. A terrible hissing started to fill Petrie's head, and he realised it was coming from the flyer. Guttural, sadistic... and hungry.

They were about to collide. Still screaming, Petrie tried to throw his wing in front of him as a pathetic gesture of defense. A glimpse of teeth, of talons.

Then darkness. Petrie could feel grass beneath his hands and knees, cool and almost soothing. His entire body was aching but, weakened and still in shock, he could only lay there, trembling, hoping for the pain to pass. The relative quiet around him was almost deafening. Leaves rustling in the wind, something scuffling in the grass. And still... that hissing noise. Petrie's heart almost stopped. The flyer! He's here! Then, confusion as it slowly dawned on him.

He was the one making the hissing sound.

A scream... and then a crashing sound to his left. Petrie forced his eyes open. They hurt... and everything was so bright! He could see everything so clearly... How? How was that possible? It was night-time! More sounds to his left. Petrie struggled to his feet, his limbs suddenly feeling larger, gangly, ungainly. He glanced to the side... and gasped in shock. A green sharptooth was lying just a few feet away from him, sprawled on the ground. Petrie raised a hand to ward him off, bringing into view sharp, vicious talons. He gaped. They were attached to him! Chest heaving in confusion, Petrie looked around, and saw he was surrounded by even more sharpteeth.

He stumbled back, horrified, and tripped over his own legs, his long, thin body crashing back. There was a sharp pain in his mouth as his razor-like teeth bit down into his tongue. Blood trickling down the corner of his beak, Petrie could only stare at the group of predators around him, frozen to the spot.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby, still having the gruelsome images of her bad sleepstory in mind, opened her eyes eventually. The first thing she noticed was a slight pain that was present in many parts of her body. Besides, she noticed that she wasn't lying on the ground as could have been expected but standing. "Have I slept in a standing posture?" the rose dinosaur thought, fastrunner not being a fitting term to describe and define her anymore. Upon looking upwards, she also figured that she wasn't in her save cavern but out in the open, the Bright Night Circle illuminating the scene. "How have I travelled here when I was actually sleeping?" she then wondered, starting to worry... as if the scary dreams she's just had didn't worry her already. Then it hit her. "I've been sleep-walking, sleep-walked I have..." she mumbled to herself. "So where is Chomper? I'm supposed to watch him, even in his sleep..." The young girl didn't have to search long. A simple straightforward look was enough to spot him as the little Sharptooth was literally lying right in front of her. She was too focussed on her task of watching the biter to notice her improved night vision...
"Chomper! There you are..." Ruby immediately fell silent upon realising that the two weren't alone. As a matter of fact, Chomper was positioned in the middle of a circle... and the circle was built by predators of all colours... and she was part of that circle.
"HELP!!!" her mind screamed yet she was standing like a statue, petrified to observe her probable killers in fear who were having a very strange expression on their faces. There wasn't any malice in their eyes however. Ruby noted that they looked just how she felt... "Scared...".
Ruby saw one of them making an attempt to walk but it tripped over its own feet uneptly. She had to supress a chuckle, making a step forward to check out whether she could walk as well. She abruptly stopped in her attempt when she felt something strange. Her body felt... different. It was stronger... and she noticed that she must have grown at least a head's height. Her tail touched the grassy ground. "Since when does my tail touch the ground?! It is too short to touch it, too short it is..." Ruby turned around and froze in fright upon realisung just WHAT her eyes were taking in. "Feathers? Long tail? STRIPES ALL OVER MY BACK AND TAIL?!?!?!" Being disdraught by this development, she took a look at her hands and feet... to recognise claws on both of them. "Fastbiter claws... but-but... HOW??? I c-can't be a fastbiter because I'm a fastrunner!"
Slowly, the answer of all her questions dawned to her and it made her gasp. Taking in a lot of air, a cocktail of scents hit her, instantly overwhelming her brain. Ruby lost consciousness before she was aware of it...

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Eyes snapping open, Ducky looked horrified after the unusually gruesome dream she just had. She and her brother had been killed by a fast-biter, both of whom were of identical colors. While she wasn't sure what this meant, she was certainly glad that it was over.

As she adjusted her eyes, she suddenly noticed that she was standing. Not only that, but she was not in her nest anymore. Rather, she were out in the open, several minutes away from home.

Huh? Ducky thought to herself, lost in confusion. Was...was I just sleepwalking like my aunt? What is going on?

She had little time to consider the thought, however, for as she looked around her, a feeling of horror struck her. The swimmer (no longer, as she was yet to find out) was surrounded by an array of fast biters, with the inclusion of a brown t-rex and a sharptooth flyer. All of them had formed a circle...and now she was part of it.

Oh no no no! Ducky thought worriedly. I must get back home to my mama before I get into big trouble, yep yep ye...!

Her train of thought stopped suddenly when she noticed a familiar face in the circle.

Chomper?!

The t-rex was indeed part of the circle. And the other fast biters are going to get him! she thought. She began to take a step forward to try to rescue Chomper, but abruptly stopped when she noticed a sudden feeling in her body. It felt...stronger. She seemed to have grown taller by at least a half foot, although she was still smaller than the rest of the sharpteeth. She then looked down at her hands, only to find...

Huh?! Since when did I have...claws? This cannot be, no no no!

Indeed, she had claws, both on her hands and on her feet...sickle claws, to be exact...and feathers...and stripes, as she further observed. She came to a startling realization that she could not believe.

I...I am a...a fast biter?! How? I cannot be a fastbiter when I am a swimmer! she thought.

Ducky gasped upon confirmation, her breathing becoming quicker. She was so overwhelmed by the sudden development, she was unable to see that the other sharpteeth were awake and were also horrified. The pressure was too much for her to handle.

Without warning, she blacked out.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper was still asleep, dreaming about devouring the longneck his friend just killed. He would probably rermain asleep, until someone else in the group tries to wake him up.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm...alive that was the first thing Littlefoot thought when he first awoke,he remembered his friends and himself attacked by predators..he remembered all of them..dead...being eaten. That had to the most terrifying sleepstory he ever had,since the ones he had of his mothers death a few years back. He shook his head to clear his vision and nearly screamed at what greeted him-predators and worse of all they were the same ones from the sleepstory which he just awoke from.

Grandma? Grandpa? Littlefoot thought worriedly in panic,he was freaked out od his mind right now. Was the sleepstory a sign? A sign that this was his death?

It was then he realized he was standing What is going on? he screamed in his mind,he noticed the confused looks on the predators around him-why weren't they killing him? Or was he dead? How was he supposed to know what is meant to happen when you die? He tried to walk however he barely managed to take two steps before he found himself face planting the dirt Werid..it was like I was walking on two legs for a moment there it was then Littlefoot lowered his gaze to himself. His body no longer looked like a longneck he looked more like a sharptooth like Chomper. What is going on?! This has to be another sleepstory he turned his head and realized with horror that his neck was short,far from the trademark long neck his kind was meant to have. He looked to the ground I have two leg feet! Littlefoot screamed silently in horror,he looked around at the circle he found himself in-none of the predators were attacking nor did they look like they planned to hunt him down-so what just was going on? Did they catch him just to have a staring contest? He tried to move what were meant to be his front legs but were now tiny arms of a sharptooth.

This could not be real.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cera was now undergoing a metamorphosis in the real world even as she started to die an agonizing death in her dream. He tail was elongating, sprouting outwards and becoming far more prehensile than it had been before. Claws erupted from her forehands, which were being pushed out on longer arms and her hind legs were forcing her upper body skyward.

Shrinking away was her horned crest, the horns ceasing to exist as the crest pushed itself further and further inward, even as her head itself morphed into a far sleeker, angular version of itself.

Sharp teeth pierced through her gums, pushing out her old herbivorous ones as they fell uselessly to the ground. Growling now as her vocals changed, her eyes suddenly snapped open as her death wrenched her back to reality with murderous force. But her dream wasn't over! It was real! They were still there! All around her! Sharpteeth! Sharpteeth surrounding her!

Being the first one to speak, she screamed out "Sharpteeth!" and turned to flee, but wasn't used to walking on two legs, and instead tripped over her own two feet, face planting into the ground and eating dirt as she struggled to regain her footing and escape.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Petrie continued backing away, pushing himself along the ground on his rump, his lithe body skidding across the ground. His eyes, pupils wide with terror, kept flicking between all the figures gathered around him. Sharpteeth! his mind screamed at him. Danger! They're here to kill you! KILL YOU! He was all alone... Where was Littlefoot? Cera? The rest of his friends? They'd be able to help him, if they were...

A small pattering on his body, like rain. Petrie glanced down. Dark red spatters, almost black in the darkness of the night - a sharp contrast against the grey of his chest. What... Petrie ran a talon through the substance, his nostrils easily picking up the thick, coppery smell of blood. Blood?! But where was it coming from? Petrie froze suddenly. Talons?! That... that wasn't... A sharp pain in his mouth. Flinching, Petrie raised a hand to his beak... and withdrew it with a gasp when he felt razor-sharp teeth dig painfully into the flesh of his palm. His vision blurred with confused tears. This... this isn't...

Movement from in front drew his attention. Petrie jerked his head up, just in time to see one of the sharpteeth jolt forwards - and to hear a terrifying noise tear from its jaws. In his panicked state, Petrie couldn't recognise that the sharptooth had spoken. His mind wouldn't allow him. It's calling for the attack! They're going to attack!

That was all it took. Rolling onto his front, Petrie dragged himself forwards, his claws slicing through grass and dirt as he crawled away desperately. His breath heaved out of him in wracking gasps. Wind rustled through the trees around him. Wind... Yes! Fly! Fly away! Get back to Mama! Pushing himself up to his feet, Petrie staggered and spread his arms. He flapped furiously. His wings felt wrong, the limbs larger and heavier... but soon enough, they began to catch the wind and he felt himself rising. As his feet left the ground, Petrie didn't look back at the others. Instead, he fixed his terrified gaze ahead, in the direction of his nest. In the direction of safety. Mama... my family! I have to warn them! Danger! Sharpteeth in the valley!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike rose from his prone position in a state of unrestrained fear and confusion.  He could see the scene around him and hear the confusing symphony of chaotic sounds, but they no longer seemed to reach his conscious thoughts.  His mind simply couldn't process the nonsensical scene around him.  It was as if he was a spectator to a weird sleep story.  As a result, his feelings of terror began to fade into the background as he looked at the world around him with dispassionate eyes.

The first thing that he noticed was that Chomper remained asleep as the chaos unfolded around him.  He was a lone figure of stability in a sea of chaos.  Turning his gaze elsewhere, he looked towards the sharptooth flyer that was beside him earlier.  The flyer had made a horrifying hissing sound and tumbled to the ground in a heap.  He then took off into the sky in a state of panic.  The flyer obviously wanted nothing to do with him or the others.  A very odd reaction from a sharptooth.

But not as odd as some of the others...

As he looked towards the other sharpteeth, he could see another Tyrannosaurus besides Chomper.  The sharptooth was looking at his claws with a look of disbelief, before continuing to focus on the others.  He eyes conveyed the same emotions that Spike now felt.  Confusion.  Fear.  Disbelief.  He now didn't feel fear from this creature, but rather an odd sense of camaraderie.  This dinosaur was obviously in the same conundrum that Spike faced.

Two of the fast biters seemed to have collapsed onto the ground, whereas the final one did something that made something click in the former spiketail's mind.  

"Sharpteeth!"

As the yellow fastbiter crashed into the ground by tripping over her own feet, a confusing thought came to him.  

Why would a sharptooth cry "Sharpteeth!"?

But then another thought entered his mind.

A flyer... A brown sharptooth...  A yellow fastbiter... A green fastbiter... A pink fastbiter... and me... another green fastbiter...  The colors match!  Are we... Are my friends all sharpteeth too?!

That last thought made something in Spike quake with emotion.  This was too horrible to contemplate.  His friends, who had struggled their whole lives to avoid and survive sharptooth encounters, were now the subject of their nightmares.  How could they have become the very things that they had feared for so long?

With slow, uncertain steps, Spike approached the green fastbiter that he assumed was his beloved sister.  She was lying on the ground, unmoving.  He wished that he could express his concern for her, but he knew that no words would leave his mute body.  Nonetheless, as he gently nuzzled her collapsed form, placing his feathered arms against her shoulders, his thoughts were definitely with her.

"Ducky?  Ducky, please wake up."

It was only when he had done the deed, that he realized that the words had been spoken aloud.  

He had just talked.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Ducky? Ducky, please wake up."

Those words were the first thing Ducky heard as her eyes suddenly snapped open. Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, she looked around, trying to spot whoever had spoken to her. She also noticed the other dinosaurs at her surroundings.

Other fastbiters...and Chomper. So it was real, she deduced. She and all of her friends were now sharpteeth, and there was nothing she or the others could do about it...or was there?

Right now, however, a more important matter to her was giving way.

"Who...who said that?" Ducky wondered out loud. She looked behind her and saw a darker green fastbiter, who she assumed was her beloved brother.

"It could not have been you, Spike, no no no. After all, you never do talk."

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike sputtered.  As if the shock of transforming had not been enough, now he had just spoken for the first time in his life.  What could all of this mean?

"I... I Spoke?"  Spike muttered in his confusion.  He could see that green fastbiter had rose to her haunches and seemed alert.  No... Ducky.  Spike corrected in his mind.  Because his sister was now the predator that stood in front of him.  

This realization made something snap inside of Spike.  It was so unfair!  He and his sister had been leaf-eaters for all their lives.  How could they become their greatest fears in the span of one night?  At the same time, however, he could now talk.  He had always wanted to speak ever since he was a hatchling and now he could.  He no longer had to accept that his thoughts and emotions would remain cloaked under his intractable muteness.  Now he could say everything that he always wanted to say.  This confusing jumble of despair, anger, and, at the same time, elation, greatly confused the former spiketail.  In his confusion, he said the first thing that came to mind.

"Ducky... What happened to us?"

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper was finally woken up from all of the commotion around. The view that met his eyes was chilling. Fastbiters!

The poor little predator darted his head back and forth, realizing he was surrounded by them. What's going on here!? chomper thought to himself. What are they doing here? Why are they in the valley? What of my friends?

His friends! The Gang! Where were they? We're they still alive? HE still had no idea what was going on.

"wh...what are all of you sharpteeth doing here? How'd you find a way into the valley!?"
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The night air chilled Petrie as he soared desperately towards his nest... towards his mother, his brothers and sisters. To safety. He pumped his arms, trying to increase his speed, and couldn't help but notice how much more powerful they felt. But it was more than that. He felt so alert, everything so vivid. As he glided almost silently through the air, Petrie could make out small, minute details occurring below him in the valley. Things that shouldn't have been possible for him to determine. His shadow passed over a sleeping dinosaur and Petrie saw him shiver and roll over, as if he was reacting to a sudden chill. From some bushes just off to the side, there was a rustling as some small creature scampered through, brushing leaves aside and snapping twigs in its path. Deep, rich smells were rushing him, assaulting his senses.

Something was wrong with him. Terribly wrong. Deep down, no matter how much he tried to ignore thinking about it, Petrie knew he was... different. His body started to tremble. His wide eyes started to water, the rolling tears whipped away by the force of the wind. Shaking his head almost angrily, Petrie started to flap harder, growing more determined. Something might be wrong with him... but his mother could help. He'd get to the nest, warn them about the sharpteeth... and whatever horrible thing had happened to him, his mother would know what to do. She'd fix him.

His mother had to help.

Up ahead, Petrie could see the comforting, familiar darkness of the cliff-face where his family's nest was located. A shaky, relieved smile lit up his face as started to spread his wings out further, slowing down to come in for a landing.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot glanced around before spotting Chomper Chomper! he slowly walked up to him trying to keep his balance-how to two legs walk like this? Feeling like you can only use half your body was not a welcomed changed to Littlefoot.

"Chomper!" Littlefoot called "It's Littlefoot,whats going on? Do you know these fastbiters? confusion spread his face seeing the yellow fastbiter cry out 'Sharpteeth'-a Why would a fastbiter be scared of it's own kind-if anything they could kill me and eat me right here on the spot-I'm the one who should be scared

"Chomper,do you know whats happening?" the former longnecks red-brown eyes normally full of adventure were now full of fear and concern-what if his grandparents wake up and find him gone? They already told him he was all they had,they would have a heart attack if they knew their beloved grandson was now a sharptooth-the same creature they took the life of their daughter-that would be Littlefoot's Mother.

"I don't understand-where is our friends? Cera? Ducky?" he studied the fastbiters around him. Why do those fastbiters kinda look like my friends? And why did those two green ones just call each other Ducky and Spike?. All Littlefoot wanted to do was run home and alert his grandparents of this danger,but he knew theywould take one look at him and will never believe he was their grandson-after all longnecks  don't turn into sharpteeth..well...they're not meant to.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Spitting out dirt, Cera managed to wobble up to her feet, but could hardly stay balanced as she wasn't used to walking on two legs yet. Tottering, her arms flailed about, causing her to nearly fall over again. "Wait..." she had heard the brown fastbiter talking. "You're... Littlefoot?" she asked. That wasn't possible... but why wasn't she able to stand up straight?

Looking down at her arms and claws protruding from her hands and feet, she shrieked again. The fastbiter toppled backwards this time, landing hard on her back, knocking the wind out of her in a painful start as she stared up at the night sky, the stars swirling around as she struggled to regain her breath. "It's me!" she managed to gasp. "Cera!"

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It took Ruby several moments to regain her consciousness and even then she remained lying on the ground for some while as no immediate assault seemed to be planned on her.
Ruby tried to concentrate on the many smells reaching her extremely sensitive sniffer despite her efforts to breath through her mouth rather than through her nose as she would usually do. Simultanously, she made an attempt to scan the situation around her.
"There are so many smells, many smell there are. My head feels all dizzy!" the rose fastbiter complained. "So who are all these guys?" she wondered. Two green fastbiters instantly caught her attention as she clearly picked up two familiar names. "Ducky? Spike?" The colours matched them even, Ruby figured out in wonderment. "Wait a tiny second..." the fastbiter then muttered, not realising that her voice sounded... different; not realising she was in fact speaking in a totally different language only one of her friends was aware of by nature's law. "If both of them are talking, and if they are really Ducky and Spike, then this must mean that Spike can talk but he can't talk if he couldn't talk before?!" These observations strongly confused the former oviraptor. She decided to dig a little deeper later.
Concentrating on the smells her sniffer was receiving, she noticed, however, that there was a distinct difference in the body odors of the two fastbiters she supposed to be her friends having been changed somehow as well. Ducky seemed to share that smell with her while Spike's was different. Investigating this a little further, she tried to smell the other fastbiters and twoclaws in her close vicinity as well and came to not just one result...

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ducky was shocked beyond belief. Both of them were now fastbiters, so it confused Ducky enough. The fact that her brother, Spike, was actually talking to her, however, was even harder to consider for her.

"Oh Spike...I do not know exactly what. But what I do know is that...we will both get through this together...yep yep yep..."

She couldn't take the overwhelming sudden changes any longer. Breaking down, she began to sob silently, yet pitifully, as she embraced her former spiketail brother.