The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Scream trilogy...

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As a slasher fan, I would say that the Scream trilogy is definitely up there on my lists of favorite slasher series, with each film having it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Here's what I think of each entry:

Scream 1-The satire of slasher element this series had was most noticeable here, which is something I enjoyed.  The suspenseful opening scene with Drew Barrymore was a brilliant moment IMO, and the garage door death was also pretty cool. I enjoyed the acting, this being the first film I saw Neve Campbell in, and I think she's an awesome actress. My problems with this film are the low number of suspects we have by the time we get around the final showdown, and Skeet Ulrich's character (Never found him likeable both before and after he was revealed to be one of the killers.)

Scream 2-My personal favorite of the trilogy.  I liked the college setting, and I appreciated how there were more suspects this time around. The opening murder in the cinema is a genius scene. I mean, imagine being killed while over a hundred people are around you, but no one helps you because they think it's all a publicity stunt.  Most fans were peeved by the killing off of Jamie Kennedy's character, but I think that was needed, to show the audience that even the survivors of Part 1 were not safe.  My only real complaint was that some scenes went on for too long.

Scream 3-Also pretty good, IMO.  The Hollywood setting was enjoyable. I'll admit, the characters here weren't really developed, with the exceptions of Patrick Dempsey's, Scott Foley's and my personal fav, Parker Posey's characters.  The mystery of who the killer was in this one was still more harder to guess than the original's, even though the killer pulls a move in this one identical to a trick the killer did in the original. A few things I didn't like were that Neve Campbell has much less screentime, and, as I said earlier, the characters weren't as good as the ones from the first 2.

So, what do you guys think of this series?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Never really cared to see them, actually.  The first is a classic of sorts, so I hear, and I should put it on my list at some point, I've just been so lazy at watching movies. :p