The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Best Ending to a sequel?

Guest · 13 · 2341

Kron the Iguanadon

The ending of a film is a big scene the wraps up what you've stayed with for so long. LBT has many films, so it has many endings. The question is, which was the best? It would be for me a tie between 3(I remember that one had a nice ending), 4(a promise of meeting Ali again one day---nice note to end it on), 5 (nice shot of them coming back to the valley), and 9 (a really sweet ending---pretty much where I consider the film series to have ended. 5-9 were pretty bad but the rest were probably worse, specially 13. anyways you can't vote for the first film seeing as that one would obviously win if it was included and this topic would be no fun. But anyways, have a go! I want to see what everyone thinks.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
I think I'll go for the ending in LBT XI, I find it joyful for them grabbing treesweets. Yeah, it's a happy ending for that movie. Also the part where Petrie grabbed a treesweet that fell, that part was just before the credits come out.  :smile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Frankly, I think the Rainbow Faces were Doctor Who and some random female companion =P . Seriously.
Stone of Cold Fire = Tardis. And it's blowing up was just it disappearing.

But my favorite ending was in ten, especially after the "Bestest Friends" sequence, which is one of my favorite moments of the series, besides Pterano saying goodbye to Petrie.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Surprisingly now that I think about it, movie 3's ending was my favorite.  I didn't even like the movie very much, but the ending was nice.  Like a rebirth.  It shows that no matter how bad things are, there's always hope and things always come back.

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
I may change my mind later seeing as I haven't seen every movie in the franchise, but I think my favorite ending was from LBT 2. Given that it was the first LBT movie I had ever seen, it's no surprise I'd choose this one, but I thought it was pretty good. I really liked the songs and the reprise at the end was a good way to wrap it all up. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As for the endings I must say that I found the ending of LBT 3 a bit too "moralizing" to really like it. They were pushing the point a bit too much as far as I'm concerned and I would have liked for it to be done a little more subtle.
I liked the ending of LBT 4 and it is perhaps the ending that had the greatest "impact" on LBT fans for a long while when the hovering "promise" of a return of Ali was considered the main indicator for further LBT movies. In any case I also liked the flashback scenes with Ali and the If we hold on together based closing melody.
LBT 7 had what I considered one of the worst endings simply because I feel that Star Trek like beaming and aliens from outer space as a deus ex machina do not mix well with LBT.
I liked the ending of LBT 9 and its music while in case of LBT 10 I felt the ending (in spite of nice music) suffered from too many open questions left unanswered and unplausible elements in general.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time IV. Ali's promise. It seems that nobody voted for it, and I don't understand why. You can't not love Ali's promise.  :)  The endings of TLBT VII and X were spectacular too.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I totally agree to you, MurMur. It's just too sad they didn't hold their promise.

LBT 2: I like the Peaceful Valley Reprise! It's just a bit weird that there are some little Spiketails, Swimmers and so on...

LBT 3: I agree with Malte on that one.

LBT 4: I always feel very sad when Ali leaves the Gang because I know they wouldn't see her again(except in the The Big Longneck Scheme). I voted for it since it's so heart-warming(and sad) when Ali said goodbye to her new friends.

LBT 5: Nothing exciting...

LBT 6: It has a pretty good and funny ending and a nice message at the end told by the Narrator.

LBT 7: Pterano and Petrie said Goodbye to each other and Mr. Threehorn chased Pterano away   :smile it's hard not to like it:P:

LBT 8: I like the ending... especially that the Narrator tels that even Ducky can sleep well again :smile

LBT 9: It is a nice ending, nothing special, just nice.

LBT 10: That's a very good ending... The Bestest Friends song and Littlefoots decision to stay with his grandparents and his friends are just great... it's very close to LBT 4. Favourite quote: Ducky :DD with "Do we have to go through the swamp?"which is even more funny in German. They also added 'again' in the German movie. You see I only choose the best quotes for my signature :nyah

LBT  11: Quite funny.

LBT 12: I like it, too. The message is well-choosen.

LBT 13: Let's just say the ending was far better than the rest of the movie

:slap
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Seven left a pretty big impact, especially with a character like Pterano who's finally owning up O_o and the Doctor... erm I mean the Rainbow Faces just kind of disappearing there... lol I liked it, I thought it was mysterious and left me hanging.

But I went with four - that is by far the best line ever "But that's another story"
it leaves the promise of a reunion :)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm gonna say movie four and ten where my favorites. I loved movie 4 because it left a impact on me. Where they flashed back to all the good times they had with each other was really nice. That was the best way to remember all the fun is through flash back. Movie ten I loved because shorty who was the outcast in the movie never got accepted was never liked at all by the others. Than at the end of the movie Bron adopt's Shorty as his son. And Little Foot who has a good heart adopt's shorty as his brother. That was a very great part of the whole movie. And the song Bestest Friends was a very good and memorial part to. What a good song.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Land Before Time 2: Nice :)
Land Before Time 3: Very nice :)
Land Before Time 4: Funny :lol
Land Before Time 5: Very funny :lol
Land Before Time 6: Good :)
Land Before Time 7: Funny :lol
Land Before Time 8: Very good :)
Land Before Time 9: Very funny :lol
Land Before Time 10: Good :)
Land Before Time 11: Very funny :smile
Land Before Time 12: Very funny :DD
Land Before Time 13: Weird  :blink:
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Movie 3 was a okay movie all and all. The ending was kinda nice seeing now the bullies are now liked by the Gang Of Five and they learned now to share and welcome everyone. So it was a nice touch to the movie. So I liked that ending as well. The rest of the movie wasn't that great and the songs where decent not awful.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
LBT 5: Nothing exciting...

LBT 9: It is a nice ending, nothing special, just nice.

Funny, those 2 are two of my favorites.  ;)