The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why is this so rare?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I would dare not say it's dead, but still not huge. The fanart and fanfic numbers are pretty large, there's a lot of people I know here and other places that do that stuff.

And without the help of fans, the wiki wouldn't have over 1,300 pages of useful information :yes
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I would dare not say it's dead, but still not huge. The fanart and fanfic numbers are pretty large, there's a lot of people I know here and other places that do that stuff.

And without the help of fans, the wiki wouldn't have over 1,300 pages of useful information :yes

:sducky I didn't mean to to do that, sorry, if an admin reads, you can delete one of these.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say that it's particularly rare. It's true that Star Trek, Doctor Who, Disney, My Little Pony, etc. have much bigger fandoms, but I don't know that the LBT fandom is THAT small. I happen to have two college friends who are pretty big fans, and pretty much everyone here seems to be at least a casual fan. I don't know if the fandom is bigger than people think, or if it was just by chance that three people from different parts of the country who happen to love LBT ended up going to the same school (it's a small liberal arts college in Colorado! :! :smile ). I don't know if anyone else here is as big of a fan as I am, but that's okay.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The thing I often notice on DeviantArt: There are only a handful of people drawing TLBT art more or less regularly (you could call them fans and a good portion of them has joined this site) but the amount of people just drawing a tribute art to the show is huge!

Also, a lot of people who see my art for the first time leave comments like "oh this was my childhood" or "I still love these movies!" . Well, I think the problem with LBT is not that it's just not popular but, rather, it just doesn't have many hardcore fans but millions of people around the world still love it in their hearts - and in many cases this love is dormant until they somehow get their hands on LBT content, thus reviving their love for the films or (in many cases) the first movie at least. But they wouldn't join a discussion forum or go beyond drawing a few drawings in tribute or, maybe, write a short fanfiction :p
Inactive, probably forever.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
We are a small comunity but a very tight one. I've met a few people throughout my life who have been TLBT fans, most of them only watched the original movie and maybe one or two sequels.

I guess the problem with this franchise is that it's targeted towards a very young audience, so most fans eventually grow out of it. Since, it's sort of a niche franchise, it doesn't attract a lot of fans in the first place, so the amount of people who keep on loving it throughout their adult life diminishes through time.

It also doesn't help that in the last ten years all we got was Journey of the Brave.

I am not really a fan of reboots, but if we want new people to join our fandom, maybe it would do The Land Before Time well to reboot the whole thing and update it to current audiences.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Oct 24 2017 on  02:04 AM
I am not really a fan of reboots, but if we want new people to join our fandom, maybe it would do The Land Before Time well to reboot the whole thing and update it to current audiences.
little question: why reboot if we just can have a direct continuation with the same result - with a little bit (not so much) grown up characters and more serious atmosphere and problems?..

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I actually know an LBT fan who lives close by me. Actually, he lives in the same house as me.

It's my brother.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Quote from: Snik,Oct 24 2017 on  07:29 AM
little question: why reboot if we just can have a direct continuation with the same result - with a little bit (not so much) grown up characters and more serious atmosphere and problems?..
The reboot would be important to try and bring new fans into the franchise. As much as we love the original movie, it has its flaws, and today's audience just isn't going to fall for it as hard as we did. Some might, but not a lot of people.

Continuing the franchise into a different direction is my favourite option, however, it would be something done to please fans like us. It wouldn't generate enough revenue for Universal to support it as a long lasting franchise.

I fear that TLBT has had its moment and that, sadly, we won't be seeing anything new in the near future.

We will probably get something TLBT related in the future, it's inevitable. But this time, we might have to wait a bit more than 9 years.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Oct 29 2017 on  12:14 PM
Quote from: Snik,Oct 24 2017 on  07:29 AM
The reboot would be important to try and bring new fans into the franchise. As much as we love the original movie, it has its flaws, and today's audience just isn't going to fall for it as hard as we did. Some might, but not a lot of people.

Continuing the franchise into a different direction is my favourite option, however, it would be something done to please fans like us. It wouldn't generate enough revenue for Universal to support it as a long lasting franchise.

I fear that TLBT has had its moment and that, sadly, we won't be seeing anything new in the near future.

We will probably get something TLBT related in the future, it's inevitable. But this time, we might have to wait a bit more than 9 years.
Exactly. This is why I've been so supportive of any and all remake/reboot options as of late. The remake/reboot thing may have become outdated and not creative, but even if something like that falls flat on its face with LBT, it'll at least raise awareness on the original.