The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Love so rare

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Keep in mind this is a REALLY old song fic I did when I just started fanfiction. The song is written by a canadian artist, Aslien Debison. The song is based on the relationship between her and her father. At the time I wrote this, I thought it would fit Petrie and Pterano's nephew-uncle relationship pretty well. Enjoy!

Love so rare

I stood right there in the middle of the greeting circle and watching my uncle of mine soar up into the pale blue sky. I couldn't believe he was banished again, but it was going to be the last he would do so. It had to be the last time. It just had to.

Like a tiny seed, firmly in the soil, nurtured with a love I think so rare.

Everyone left the greeting circle and mom rested a hand my shoulder and said softly, "Petrie, it's time to go."

I reluctantly looked at my mother's eyes. Those eyes, trying to reasure me that everything would be okay. I didn't know if it would or not. I gently brushed her aside and simply told her,

"Me be there in a mintue."

I wouldn't have been surprised if she told me otherwise, but instead of urging me to back to our cave home, she simply repiled, "Alright, come whenever your ready." She took off without another word.

I inhaled the sweet sense of the fresh air. I kept seeing the flyer figure become smaller and smaller in the distance.

Given room to breathe, given time to see. It's not so clear to me.

A black, raven colored tear fell from my dark brown eyes. Even though I knew he was going to come back, (or was he?) I just couldn't help, but think, what if he doesn't?

You were there. You were there.

I lowered my head in disppair. Why did Pterano did those things that he did? Did he want to find what his purpose in life was so he risked anything and everything at all costs? Why was this so?

When I was just a flower, afraid out in the forest, hiding from the shadows. All alone.

What if Pterano felt lonely like I was? Maybe he just needs someone to count on and trust.

I smiled. That could be arranged.

I knew you would be alone, my faith in you was strong. Like our favorie song.

I turned away to head back to the nest, but I halted when I heard a cool voice behind me.

"Hi Petrie, lonely are you?"

I whirled around and saw the taller verison of myself: Pterano!

To lead me home. You lead me home.

I lept into his arms and we hugged for a meaningful moment.

And with changing season, oh I grow a little stronger, rising up to touch the open sky. And if I gave you a reason not to hold me any longer, you gave me a thousand reasons why.

"So, Petrie, you're still saddened that I'm going to be gone for five cold times?" Pterano smirked at me.

You are my steady oak. Standing tall and strong, protecting me with everything you have.

I stared up at his amber eyes and cooly repiled.

"Yes, but me know you can take care of yourself."

Pterano sighed and it seemed to take a while for him to respond.

"I can. I can."

But I knew by the sound of his voice he sounded very unsure, in fact he seemed to be talking to himself more then me.

But I know deep inside, I would not have survived. Without you by my side.

I lept out of his arms and he reluctantly turned away to take off, but I landed on his shoulder before he did so. He gave me a surprising look as I repiled,

"Just so you know, me will always be there for you, even if no one else thinks you can change."

He smiled softly in return.

Oh but I...I love you uncle.

We stood there for a moment as the moon gleamed down at us. I reluctantly gaved good-bye to him and flew away to join my mother and my siblings.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 3 2008 on  11:58 AM
Wasn't this on FF.Net once?
Yes, but I took it off, for personal reasons...:p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Wait...aren't you that Pterano fan who suddenly got off of FF.Net?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 3 2008 on  12:11 PM
Wait...aren't you that Pterano fan who suddenly got off of FF.Net?
I'll PM you more about that.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you :) I figured you would like that, being a HUGE Pterano fan. :^.^: