The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rare's new logo

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
If you're wondering who is Rare, they are best known for Banjo kazooie and Donkey kong country.

And now for the new logo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_(company)

If you think this is fake just look at the Kinect sports box

The best logo is the original Gold and blue RAREWARE logo that first appeared in Donkeykong country.

I must say, ever since microsoft purchased rare they've gone downhill. Grant Kirkhope (Banjo kazooie music composer) isn't even working at rare anymore. :(

So what are your thoughts on my favorite developer new logo.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, I don't really now much about what they do these days, but Nintendo were fools for letting them go.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rare hasn't been the same since they left Nintendo
Star fox Adventures was a rare game and it is one of my favorite Star Fox games.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Oh, geez, could that logo be any more bland and generic?

I really hate what happened to Rare. They used to make awesome games when they worked with Nintendo(Banjo series anyone?). Ever since their departure to Microsoft, they just haven't been the same. I still can't believe they turned Banjo-Kazooie into Grand Theft Auto for kids  :bang   :slap

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Could the problem be in them perhaps losing a few key people along the way of going from one company to another? I know Disney went downhill back in the 60s-70s once the original masterminds of their animated classics either started quitting or retiring on them.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Dec 28 2010 on  08:49 PM
Well, I don't really now much about what they do these days, but Nintendo were fools for letting them go.
Business-wise Nintendo wouldn't have let them go because they made them so much money. I find it weird that xbox was willing to pay 375 mil for a company that only made them $65 mil from their games. BKNB, a game I found to be a major disappointment, just didn't cut it compared to BK and BT. Plus the original staff members moved on so its not going to be the same now that Rare has a "hardcore" look to them. Imagine BK being a first-person shooter called "Call of Kazooie".

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Quote from: oogaboo,Dec 29 2010 on  06:46 PM
Business-wise Nintendo wouldn't have let them go because they made them so much money. I find it weird that xbox was willing to pay 375 mil for a company that only made them $65 mil from their games. BKNB, a game I found to be a major disappointment, just didn't cut it compared to BK and BT. Plus the original staff members moved on so its not going to be the same now that Rare has a "hardcore" look to them. Imagine BK being a first-person shooter called "Call of Kazooie".
Let's not D:
That new logo - Gosh that's so... unappealing to me. It would never catch my eye personally. The original logo was very eye catching if you ask me

It's like CN's logo changes in a nutshell

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The game I will always define Rare with is Donkey Kong Country for the SNES. It was the very first SNES game I ever got (it actually came with the system as a package deal), and I still play it to this day. Rare truly made some amazing games back in the day, and it saddens me to see that they are now under Microsoft instead of Nintendo. It kind of leaves the question of how games like Donkey Kong Country Returns and Goldeneye 007 (Wii) would have turned out if Rare was still with Nintendo. Now of course, both games I have mentioned are amazing, but it's no surprise that games like Banjo and Perfect Dark are making their debuts on the XBOX 360 because of the new ownership.

As for the logo, it does nothing for me. I will always stand by the original logo when Rare was in its prime.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: oogaboo,Dec 29 2010 on  05:46 PM
Please don't Rare any ideas...I'm still recovering from the nightmare that was Nuts & Bolts.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Looks like we band together when we say that Rare has lost its magic since its claiming by Microsoft. Gotta agree that Rare's new logo does look bland and unimaginative (a subtle note perhaps  :p) but it doesn't seem that Rare's spate of game releases seem to have matched up to their golden days with Ninty. Although, I have heard rumour that Rare may be working on a Banjo-Kazooie title for the 3DS. Now, instant thoughts scream out that "Rare can't do that coz they're contracted to work for MS" (which is what I thought) but apparently, Rare's contract with MS is only for mainstream home consoles and NOT handhelds. Apparently the formats are classed differently so Rare are exploiting the loophole as the rumours goes. Dunno how much of it is true but gotta say that Ninty shouldn't have let them go but then again, there aren't that many companies that run as subsiduaries under Nintendo so I guess there wasn't much lee way when it came to the bargain table...