The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

MURMUR wants to join

MurMur · 29 · 4926

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Greetings.

First, I must warn you that my knowledge of English is not that great, and some grammar mistakes are possible.

I've been observing this forum since 2009, and, to tell the truth, I love it. The Gang of Five seems to be the only decent forum in the world, while every other forum is filled with all sorts of heartless jerks and haughty morons. And this is actually the first forum that I've joined, and is possibly the last one (because of the above reason). I won't ever find a place like this one.

But there's a problem: I wish to contribute to the GOF, but I don't know what to do here.

My favorite pastime is daydreaming. I dream of other universes, of being a bird or some other creature...
I also read science books sometimes (mostly geography, history), and of course, I love The Land Before Time.

That is all. I have no other interests. I don't like to engage in "real-life" activities such as sports, etc, they are worthless, too much wasted energy/time for too little gain. People often find this strange, but I don't really have any ambitions, because trying to fulfill them is counter-productive. And, thanks to my past experiences with humans, I don't like to interact with people that much (and that is why I've never had any friends).

The Land Before Time is my favorite animated series, but I don't do anything LBT-related (no roleplaying, no fanart, no fanfictions), and I don't really want to. I prefer to invest in my own universes instead. The reasons why I love the LBT, is because the LBT world is so beautiful, and I also love Petrie and Ducky, they're very funny and cute.

There is nothing else worth mentioning. So the question is: how can I contribute to the Gang of Five? If there's a job to do, I'd be glad to help.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi Murmur!

There's nothing wrong with your English, don't worry about it. Also welcome to the Gang of Five! We've seen your presence in the caption section, which was a welcome thing. It keeps the section alive.

Any post you will make will contribute to the GoF :) We are not particularly active at the moment when it comes to organizing new stuff.

See you around! :wave

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks for the welcome!

The caption section is my favorite. I'll continue to post these captions, but there's only a limited amount of them (some hundreds, to be precise). I'd like to contribute to the other parts of this forum too, but I haven't got any topic ideas yet. It's likely that I'll try to post something related to my interests (science, worldbuilding). This is a great forum, and I'm not going to abandon it.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ahh, I see you decided to introduce yourself :)

Welcome to our beloved Forum  :wow

First, I must warn you that my knowledge of English is not that great, and some grammar mistakes are possible.
I agree with Mumbling that your English is far better than you describe it ;)

I've been observing this forum since 2009, and, to tell the truth, I love it. The Gang of Five seems to be the only decent forum in the world, while every other forum is filled with all sorts of heartless jerks and haughty morons. And this is actually the first forum that I've joined, and is possibly the last one (because of the above reason). I won't ever find a place like this one.
yeah, I love this place as well. I spend a lot of my freetime here :P: I guess that only friendly persons can love LBT like we do. Our characters are similar to the LBT characters. And of course our great admins keep spamers and other persons who interrupt the peace here away :)
It's the first forum I joined, too.

That is all. I have no other interests. I don't like to engage in "real-life" activities such as sports, etc, they are worthless, too much wasted energy/time for too little gain. People often find this strange, but I don't really have any ambitions, because trying to fulfill them is counter-productive. And, thanks to my past experiences with humans, I don't like to interact with people that much (and that is why I've never had any friends).
That's indeed a kind of strange way of thinking, but I personally don't have problems with that. Why should I? Everybody should accept people the way they are Everyone should be respected, right?
As for the fact that you don't like to interact with people I can understand you very well... I know the feeling to be excluded and bullied. Though I do like to interact with people... Especially people of my age seem to not like me... I'm good with kids and adults though..
I only have one true friend, and most of the girls wouldn't look at me twice :( So you see I can imagine your situation. Not sure which past experiences you had and I don't want to know anyway.
But I think that you'll make some internet friends here on GoF :yes

The Land Before Time is my favorite animated series, but I don't do anything LBT-related (no roleplaying, no fanart, no fanfictions), and I don't really want to. I prefer to invest in my own universes instead. The reasons why I love the LBT, is because the LBT world is so beautiful, and I also love Petrie and Ducky, they're very funny and cute.
Being a LBT fan doesn't mean you have to do this things, that's right :) After all we're all different. Some members earned recognition due to their fanart/fiction or roleplaying abilities while others earned it with other stuff...
I see we share some favourite characters  :smile

But there's a problem: I wish to contribute to the GOF, but I don't know what to do here.
There is nothing else worth mentioning. So the question is: how can I contribute to the Gang of Five? If there's a job to do, I'd be glad to help.
Well, as Mumbling stated you contribute with every post :) Your daily activity in the caption section keeps the section alive, active and interesting. It's a place where one can show his/her creativity, humor and of course they're good inspirations for fanart ;)
Well, there are always projects going, where you can help... So you may offer some help at projects which interest you   :yes

This is a great forum, and I'm not going to abandon it.
That's good, me neither :exactly The GoF isn't as active as it used to be in the past, but there are still quite a lot members who are active here. Especially those members who lost their interest in LBT but still post here are great :D

Whoo, that's probably one of the longest replies in the Welcome Center  :angel I just had to say what I said :P:

I hope you keep enjoying it here, MurMur :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Always great to see a new member.  You are very active in the caption this section, a fun section to look at, even if I seldom get ideas for a caption.  

Don't feel bad that English isn't your native language, there are many members here who are not native English speakers.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks for the greetings. This place is really the last stronghold of kindness in the world.

I do have some knowledge of English, but there are some things in this language that I don't understand. The second problem is that English, unlike my native language, has rather rigid rules, and that's why I have some difficulty expressing my thoughts in it. I hope to improve my English here.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: MurMur,May 19 2013 on  11:41 AM
The caption section is my favorite. I'll continue to post these captions, but there's only a limited amount of them (some hundreds, to be precise).
So we have seen ;) you really have some great snapshots to contribute!
Oh heh where are my manners? WELCOME! Also, your avatar; would that happen to be from Guardians of Ga'Hoole?

Myself, I don't contribute much, I have a FanArt section, a couple of stories, a character list, some topics-that-I-thought-were-pretty-deep, lol. I like to puruse the topics more often than not, unless I feel like,
"WAAAAYYT I GOTTA SAY THIS!!" which is (thankfully) not often :3

So just start throwing things out here!! :lol
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, hey, hey! Welcome to the GOF!

The caption section is definitely a good place to hang out, get a few laughs, and find things you have in common with other members. (I had an argument there, way back when, but that's for another time) And your English is really good! I don't see anything wrong with it. If you need help with it, there are lots of people that you can talk to to help improve your skills, myself included.

Like Strut down there, I don't really contribute much either. But, I do when I have something to say, or I'm just really bored, heh heh. I don't think anyone's going to hold it against you that you don't really have anything to contribute. Just do what you want to do, and I think we'll all be fine.

Enjoy your stay!

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks for your greetings, StrutEggStealer and LBTDiclonius. It's very nice to meet you.

Strut, you're right about the avatar. It's a portrait of Boron from the Guardians of Ga'Hoole movie. I love white birds. At first, he wasn't white enough, so I "whitewashed" him a little: now he's as shiny as the north star. That movie is probably the most beautiful and epic animated film I've ever seen.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Like Kor said, it is always good to see new members. as for your patricipation in this forum, it is a good things there is a lot of variety so you can take a look at everything and you'll know that always new things can pop-up every now and then.

Well, see you around!

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you, Chiletrek. Yes, variety is one of those things that make the GOF forum so interesting to read.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: MurMur,May 20 2013 on  09:39 PM
Strut, you're right about the avatar. It's a portrait of Boron from the Guardians of Ga'Hoole movie. I love white birds. At first, he wasn't white enough, so I "whitewashed" him a little: now he's as shiny as the north star. That movie is probably the most beautiful and epic animated film I've ever seen.
Aha! A fellow avian-enthusiast, not to mention a fellow Ga'Hoolian ;)
yeah, it really was beautifully animated.

Have you read any of the books? I've only read the first, but I do have several of the series.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ga'Hoolians unite! The movie was SPECTACULARLY animated, but the story was really all over the place and didn't really follow the plot of the books at all. I've read all of them myself. :)

And I knew your avatar looked familiar there, MurMur.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ah! A fellow science lover! If you have a conversation on a science topic, feel free to hit me up. What kind of science do you read? Do you read journal articles, Dorling Kindersly, science news, ect.?

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Greetings, LoyfeCycleProtector. No, I don't read science news, because they're all about new inventions and technologies, and I'm not interested in these (mostly because I am not going to see all these "innovative self-flushing toilets" anytime soon  :) ). I prefer reading science books, mostly encyclopedias, there's plenty of them in my local library. Science helps me to improve my own worldbuilding project.

To LBTDiclonius and StrutEggStealer: I'm happy to know that you love this movie. Really, such great animated films are incredibly rare, because most people prefer to watch garbage instead. This film definitely needs more love.

However, the Ga'Hoole books were a HUGE disappointment. I thought they're going to be as spectacular and heartwarming as the movie. But no. The heroes acted like jerks, the Great Tree was a strict military school (not a heavenly place like in the movie), and the villains were laughable. And there was no sense of the world at all (unlike in the movie). For me, it was impossible to root for anyone in the books. And there's plenty of useless characters, too.

Of course, that's only my opinion, please don't be offended by what I've said. But I still don't understand why so many people insist that the books are better than the film. These books have tons of flaws, the movie doesn't have these flaws at all. Its only flaw is that it is too short  :angel . And yes, it is incredibly spectacular, and its protagonists are 100% good and likeable.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GOF MurMur! I see absolutely nothing wrong with your English. :DD

Do you play any video games?

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks for your welcome, Blitz!

Of course, my English here is relatively good, but that's only because I avoid writing anything that I don't understand yet. As for videogames, I rarely play them. They don't interest me that much.

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
Ah, a little late, but welcome!
Quite the Ga'Hoole fan right here! Glad to see more around! I quite enjoyed the movie, and do prefer it a bit over the books. I thought they condensed the books' plots quite well. Wish they had included a few of the other members of The Band, though.

Anyway, hope you have fun! ^_^

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Gang Of Five, MurMur! :DD

Yep, you definitely came to the right place to find a friendly community. :^.^:

Honestly, I wouldn't have known you had a problem with English reading your introductory post. If you don't mind sharing, what is your first language, anyway? (Just curious; no need to answer if you don't want to. :))

Do you like any animals? (In addition to white birds, I mean. If there are any white birds in particular you like, I'd be interested in hearing about them, too. :angel)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you for your welcome, Tikikata. I'm so excited to meet you. So I am not the only one who thinks that the Guardians of Ga'Hoole movie is better than the books. Really, this movie is a masterpiece, but people often hate it because "it doesn't follow the books' plot". But this is just nonsence. First, not following the books' plot doesn't automatically make the movie "bad", and second, the books were so dull! The movie is pretty similar to the LOTR trilogy in its greatness, while the books are like a shortened version of Harry Potter, but with boring characters and no magic.

Nice to meet you, Pangaea. Yes, it is probably the only friendly internet community in the world, and that is the most important thing. I hope this forum will never cease to exist.

My first language is Russian. This language seems to be much more flexible and poetic than English. In English, there are 15-20 ways to say something, but in Russian, there are more.  :) As for animals: I have many favorite animals. These are owls, crows, squirrels, jerboas, butterflies, foxes, horses, seagulls (there's a flock of them nearby, actually), small cats, big cats, eagles, hawks, lemurs, and many more.