The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello! Sorry I'm late!

Pangaea · 52 · 5458

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 18 2009 on  12:50 AM
Petrie: Thanks. :) The problem now is that I can't seem to upload any pictures. I opened a Photobucket account, and even then I would just get a question mark in a box in place of any picture I tried to link to. :bang Any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations?
Um, I don't really know from the description if this is a problem you have with photobucket or this board.  I've never had an issue uploading or seen question marks on photobucket, or this board.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Nick22: Again, I have no problem with late hellos. :) I was late in posting my own introduction, so it would be hypocritical of me to complain about someone’s welcome being late. :p
While I find the idea of RPs interesting, I will probably not be participating in them anytime soon, simply because I take so long to write anything, and as such would be a hindrance to the other players.

Petrie: Oh...shoot...never mind. :oops I just tried posting an image again, and what do you know; it worked. I suspect this to have been just another one of the many variations of Murphy’s Law to manifest itself in my daily life: after discovering a technical problem and trying everything you can to fix it, to no avail, you attempt to show the problem to a professional, only to find that it has inexplicably repaired itself. :slap

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
On the contrary, That hasnt stopped the friendly Sharptooth from Roleplaying , indeed I enjoy, very long detailed posts, they give me a great deal of ideas to work with.. He , like you, posts in great detail.. and the roleplay is better for it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nick22: Sorry, perhaps I didn’t word myself right; I’m not worried about my posts being too long; I’m worried about taking too long to write them. It can take me several minutes to write a short message like this one, hours to compose the equivalent of a short essay, days for a long one, and as of yet, I have never finished a single fanfiction I have started. I can get writer’s block on even the shortest of messages, and may edit or re-write a single paragraph many times over before I am happy with it. I also tend to write inconsecutively, starting in the middle of whatever I am working on, writing sentences and paragraphs as they come to me so as not to forget them later, and eventually stitching them all together into the finished product. (Come to think of it, it’s not unlike how moviesóincluding animated films like LBTóare made; different sequences being produced out of order and then arranged into the final cut.) All in all, I think I would probably feel rather awkward participating in a Role Play, seeing as my writing habits are more or less incompatible with it. Thanks anyway, though.
BTW, you are not the first person to compare me to The Friendly Sharptooth. I suspect the two of us to have a lot in common, and as such I am quite interested in speaking with him. Sharp, if you’re reading this, please feel free to post in this thread (or send me a Personal Message, if you prefer) and say hello! :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Again, I don't mind if it takes you awhile to make up a post.  Sharp does as well. He and I have worked out a system. I give suggestions, and he takes them and posts in whatever manner he feels comfortable. I'm sure We can make a set-up that will allow you to rp with us.. Even if you poost infrequently in the rp, compared to others, your contributions are still important..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Indeed. But I am sorry to say one thing. TFS doesn¥t seem to be online since a longer time period now. Well, at least he isn¥t in MSN. And I neither saw something of him in the forum around here. But I could be mistaken.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
TFS is just taking a break. I gave him a break from roleplaying as he was starting to show signs of burnout.  So I hgave him a couple weeks to recharge, and slowly get himself back into the flow of things.. He'll be back either on Sunday, or the Subday after that.. those were the dates we were looking at for his return..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
raga: No problem with the late welcome; I’m happy to get any welcome.  (I’m amazed at how many welcomes I’ve received already.) By the way, I love your avatar.  It's such a nice screenshot that I didn't recognize it as being from LBT XIII at first. (The LBT people really skimped on the animation for most of that movie. )
Thanks!  I'm actually going to change it soon though, I've had it for too long now.  I'm actually surprised you figured out what movie its from, I had completely forgotten, only knew it was from one of the later ones because of the bright coloration.  I like your avatar too, did you draw it yourself?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Jun 19 2009 on  02:56 PM
I like your avatar too, did you draw it yourself?
I'm glad you asked. :) Yes, I did draw my avatar. (I created the drawing for that specific purpose, and as such am unlikely to change it anytime soon. :p) It depicts a Lystrosaurus, a dicynodont (a relative of mammals; not a dinosaur) from the late Permian and early Triassic periods, drawn LBT style (or my nearest approximation of it). Being one of the most ubiquitous inhabitants of the ancient supercontinent from which my screen name is taken, I thought it would make an appropriate avatar.
I'm rather happy with how the illustration turned out (though I'm more than a bit dissatisfied with the colors; the colored pencils I used are too pale and not solid enough a medium in my opinion <_<). To give it the “Land-Before-Timey” look that I wanted, I based features of the eyes and beak off of the frogs and turtles (respectively) from LBT IX, and used Cera’s horn as a reference for the texture on the tusks. I only bothered to draw the head because (1) I wasn’t sure how to apply the LBT style to the rest of the body, (2) I was too darn lazy to try, and (3) I figured that a full-body drawing wouldn’t fit in a 120x120-pixel space anyway (not that I’m complaining about alloted avatar size to you admins out there, mind you ;)).

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 It is a good pic, maybe you can try a full-body pic of your character for the fanart section or, if it doesn't come too big, as part of your signature... if you want of course :smile .

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chiletrek: Thank you. :) I certainly am planning on doing more LBT fanart (I have a number of potential OCs in the works). Of course, given that Lystrosaurus lived millions of years before the earliest known dinosaur, it’s probably not a creature the gang is likely to meet (though I suppose that same restriction didn’t stop Dimetrodon from appearing in the first movie, or dinosaurs from both the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods appearing together, for that matter :p). On the other hand, perhaps I could write an LBT version of The Lost World, :idea except that instead of humans finding the last dinosaurs, it’s dinosaurs (specifically, Littlefoot and co.) finding the last Permian creatures.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That can be interesting, maybe Permian creatures can have their own Great Valley, maybe a last place for them to live... or maybe you can make a ton of other possible plots, but it can indeed work.
 Keep it up!. And I'll try to do the same as I also have a planned fanfic.
 Maybe, if you have the time and if you like the idea, you may use your OCs to play in some of the rp games of this forum, I am sure you'll be most welcome to join :yes .