The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My TV Series Videos Removed From YouTube

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am sad to announce that Universal took the time to file copyright on multiple videos of my LBTUploader YouTube Account. :( As such, the following have been removed.

-ALL Episodes of The Land Before Time TV Series

-The Original LBT Songs Videos from EVERY movie. (My modified Fast and Slow ones are still available.)

-The LBT WD Contest Videos. (Some did have "If We Hold On Together" in them, after all. (Plus, the contest has since long been over anyways.))

-The LBT TV Series Songs. (Meh!  I was planning to get rid of those anyways.)

All other videos on the account are still available. (Including those trailers and reviews everyone seems to love so much.)

This will sadly change my plans for the updated version of The LBT TV Series Pages on my site.  Still, I've got a few ideas.

So yeah, just wanted to tell you guys this and sorry for any inconvenience it may cause anyone.

Sorry again, and I'll see ya later! -_-

EDIT: I will be making an announcement video on this later.  So look forward to that.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear that, Pokeplayer :( I'm glad I got to watch the whole TV series on your YouTube account a couple of months back when I first joined this community.

I've been liking your Let's Plays. You seem to be playing through some of my favorite games such as Pikmin and Paper Mario, and lots of classic games. We seem to have similar tastes in games :).

I hope this doesn't discourage you, and that you keep chugging along with your YouTube account. Your doing a good job at it!  :yes
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I uploaded the video and guess what?  It's not allowed because of LBT content, despite the fact that it was muted and it was only me talking and not the characters. -_-

I'll try again with new footage, but I'm not too happy with this right now.

EDIT: Maybe I'll try again with nothing but images.  Here's hoping.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's the video.  My voice has been modified for protection reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KEka9KfjEM

Aside from the upcoming reviews I've mentioned, there's not much else I'll be doing with the account now that I have this copyright claim and all that.

I had more plans for it, but I can't take any more risks with it now.  Sorry guys! :(

BigMouth

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://huntingthepast.blogspot.com/
That's sad to hear, I was looking forward to watching some of the videos :(

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Your still doing your let's play, right?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,May 20 2011 on  10:23 PM
Your still doing your let's play, right?
That's on a completely separate account, (My pokeplayerHQ account, which is currently untouched by any claims whatsoever.) and yes, I'll still be doing them. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know what really upsets me?  That they chose to have them removed rather than keep them around.  I mean, they do have the right to do that, yes.  However, it would've been overall better if they chose for them to stay rather.  The main reason is that they are not making any money off of The Land Before Time because it's dead in terms of sales, and by keeping it around but still claiming it as their work, they would then get ad revenue off of it and still make money.  YouTube allows that and they don't realize that they lost the chance to take advantage of a fanbase that is technically still alive in the hearts of said fans. (Some of you may not know it, but some did so good, they got the "Enable Revenue Sharing" Option.  Which I never activated because of how much trouble I knew I would get in if I did.)

Also, don't think for a second it would've been hard, YouTube makes it very easy to set it up.  So I don't understand why they didn't take the time to set it up like that rather.  It is a good option for a franchise that is dead in terms of sales but not of the internet after all.

So yeah, why didn't they just do that rather?  It would've only helped them in the end.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I had a feeling this would happen - the movies aren't allowed on youtube, and it would make sense that TV series isn't either.

Don't be surprised if the sped-up/slowed-down versions of songs are deleted too.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've taken the time to add in annotations of what I say for those who can't understand me in the video.  Please read them.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been looking at the recent stuff I did with my LBTUploader Account, and I think I know how they found it... and I realize how much it is my fault here. -_-

In YouTube's Upload page, there are 5 special links that can help give you more exposure.  It let's you connect with places like Facebook, Twitter and such.  I had connected the account with Google Reader and Orkut, two places that indeed help give you more exposure.  I wouldn't be surprised if Universal found out through those sources.

It's too easy to connect with those.  You just click them and your account is connected.  Only with Facebook, Twitter and MySpace do you need to give additional information.

It's my own fault I got in so much trouble this time around.  I exposed myself and didn't even realize it.  I only have myself to blame this time. :(

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It seems these cats have so much time on their hands by searching this kind of stuff, that why won't they instead focus that energy on giving our beloved series a decent ending :bang?  Oh, well, that's another subject.  Sorry to hear about this :neutral.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
ohhh so you're LBTuploader from youtube. Well, i'm LuGiAdriel14.

Sorry to hear it, i noticed it when i was supposed to watch more The Land Before Time TV Series, I noticed that I can't find any episodes from yours. I tried to put credits song of The Land Before Time which is "If We Hold On Together" but sadly, after uploading it, copyright is already present in my video.

So I have to remove it before its too late.  <_<

But, my The Land Before Time IV Clip stayed because no copyright was present when I uploaded it.

Oh, by the way, I have all movies here downloaded from torrent. I'm gonna have a The Land Before Time collection. Trailers, Movies, Songs, TV Series, and other The Land Before Time things that I want to add to my collection.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, despite the fact they were removed, they won't be gone forever.  Sure, they aren't allowed on YouTube anymore, but there are other places they can be put up. ;)

So don't worry guys, they'll be back.  However, they need to stay under the radar for a while.  So please, be patient.  They shall return, and I'll inform you guys when they do.

Until that time, see ya later! :)

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Gosh, I hate the new YouTube.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

tossu

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I use this forum very rarely but now I decided to write a message because over one hundred Finnish The Land Before Time videos were removed from my YouTube account few hours ago.

I had all episodes of the TV series and about twenty songs from the movies on my account but they're all gone now.

I also got two copyright strikes so I can't upload any more copyrighted videos because if I get a third strike my account will be deleted.

Now I'm planning to make a Finnish The Land Before Time related website where I could put the removed videos.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 20 2011 on  11:50 AM
I am sad to announce that Universal took the time to file copyright on multiple videos of my LBTUploader YouTube Account. :(
By file, do you mean Copyright Strike pages (the pink ones) or Content ID Matches?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 7 2011 on  10:16 PM
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 20 2011 on  11:50 AM
I am sad to announce that Universal took the time to file copyright on multiple videos of my LBTUploader YouTube Account. :(
By file, do you mean Copyright Strike pages (the pink ones) or Content ID Matches?
The Copyright Strike.

I had to watch a video and answer questions to reactivate my LBTUploader Account and so that I could fix it.

So yeah, it's that bad. -_-

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Man, YouTube is full of it. Let's not like the show was a big hit or anything. If anything you were spreading awareness of it. Removal of the songs was bull, too. Not like they have a CD out or anything.
I'd love to know where these big wigs get off deleting videos to properties they aren't even doing anything with anymore. If they were compiling a CD to sell in Wal-Mart, I would see why they deleted the songs off of pokeplayer's channel, but they're not.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf