The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Photoshop CS4

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm almost always reluctant to upgrade to a new version of a program.  I didn't want to upgrade to CS3 from CS2 (though I'm glad I did now), but I did.  I mainly upgraded to CS3 because I downloaded the trail and liked it.  I liked the new tools and features, and I liked the streamlined design.  I downloaded and installed a trial of Photoshop CS4 and I must say I'm not impressed.  It looks like a cheap knockoff of CS3 with a new skin.  The only significant difference between the two programs is CS4's nice "tabbed window" ability.  There were no new tools that I could see and the program looked like a quick way for them to make a buck.  Who here has used CS4?  What are the practical advantages to it over CS3?  I know this program comes with a hefty price tag at $1,000 but there is a trial so perhaps someone here has used it.  It'll only cost me $349 to upgrade, but I still don't want to throw that money away.

*Please no links to the Adobe website that mentions all the "enhancements" they've made from CS3.  I've already read them.  What I want is your personal opinion.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I havent tried CS4 myself because I didn't see any new features on their website which I would need.

I dont know, I think if you're satisfied with CS3 you should just keep it that way. It does the job for me well enough, I don't need more.