The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your Liking for LBT

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
When I was 13, I was totally obsessed with keeping my obsession to myself.  I didn't think anyone would understand.  I did some crazy things.  I bought the dvd's online secretly using a prepaid credit card and shipped them to the neighbors house and took them out of their mail box.  Then, I ripped the dvd's onto the computer and threw the originals away in the trash can at school (I was worried to death that they empty cases would fall out of the bag or something on the bus).  Once they were on the computer, I coded the video files into jpeg images.  It was pretty funny to have a 700mb image of my dog with the dimentions of 1024X1596. :lol After that, I encrypted the files on the hard drive and used secure tokens on the comptuer as well as 4 manual passwords just to get on.  No one was gonna find out about my obsession!  After that, I locked the computer away in the closet right after taking out the ram and disconnecting the hard drive power cable.  Then, I locked my room door.  I don't think anyone in the world could have seen that I had LBT movies. :P:

Although I took it to extremes, I want to know how many of you keep it a secret or kept it a secret.  I've talked to many of you over msn and you've said that it's a total secret.  I'm just wondering how you keep it a secret.  I don't suppose you did what I did, but perhaps you have some simpler method of protecting your obsession.  I can't imagine trying to keep it a secret from your parents and your siblings.  How do you do it?

Now, a lot of us have gotten past this stage, but probably everyone here thought that it was a little weird to be liking LBT and had some crazy thought about concealing it.  I'm sure most of us thought we needed to hide it unless you were brought up in a 100% respective household where you and your parents have some kinda unshakable bond and you tell each other everything.  So, let's have it.  Tell your story on how you hid it or how you're hiding it right now! :lol:

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
You threw the originals away? :o Nuuuu, T.T  :cry
How could you? xD

I just don't tell anybody. Even my friends.
When I'm drawing a picture of LBT, then I hide it when someone comes near.
Or when I go to the internet, I change the site I'm surfing on.
But then again, everybody know it now who reads this. xD

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You threw the originals away?

I wasn't gonna have my obsession be discovered no matter what.  Now that I'm past that stage and everyone knows about me and LBT, I'm collecting them again. :D

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
My LBT plushes are fairly visible in my room, and my VHS videos and DVDs are visible on the video rack for anyone who wants to pay enough attention to notice. So, in short, I make little or no effort to hide it, but neither do I "preach" it to the ends of the Earth. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
At home I never ever tried to conceal my enthusiasm for LBT. When my LBT renaisance set in I talked to my Dad about it, after all I was kind of confused myself about the effect the movies had on me. It would have been rather impossible for me to hide my collection even if I had tried to.
However, I must admit that I was a bit more careful about it at school at first. Not careful in the sense of the "don't carry the I love LBT mark down the street but don't hide it from anyone who wants to know it" way of dealing with the matter (I guess I risk being told off for repeating myself on that one :lol:) but I really kept it to myself. However, I couldn't do so for very long, started to talk to my best friends about it and also gave up any attempts to shield my paper from anyone's look when I was drawing LBT characters. I never suffered for being open about my LBT enthusiasm while I'm sure that I would have suffered from trying to keep up a big pretense about it.

Tikaani Strike

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I never tell anyone I love animated movies...they know about TLK, but that was to be expected. No one knows about Balto, The Land Before Time, An American Tail...I have all the songs on my Ipod but I have weird code names for them and I lock my Ipod during your school. haha.
Hey, I have to survive high school, i have a good three years left. ^^

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I did show some of my friends all my LBT vidoes and they just said "whoa !!".  :lol

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I just watch them with the door locked and the volume low.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
When I watch LBT on the computer (sometimes just parts of the movies, or the episodes) I never take any precaution. I don't turn down the volume, and I don't always shut the doors.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I don't think I've ever hidden them, they've sat openly under my TV for as long as I remember...

and I have them on my computer and often watched them while playing video games with friends :p not really petrified with fear about anything...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't hide the movies 1-8, and 10, they're on vhs and sit on the movie rack with all the other vhses. I keep my dvds hidden (#9,11,12), i dunno why really, i just keep them at the top of my closet. Quite a few of my friends know i like lbt, some of them have even watched them with me. I wouldn't have gotten back into watching lbt if it wasn't for one of my friends. I don't neccessarily hide my liking for it either, in fact, anyone thats added me to msn can see that i like lbt.

Once they were on the computer, I coded the video files into jpeg images. It was pretty funny to have a 700mb image of my dog with the dimentions of 1024X1596.  After that, I encrypted the files on the hard drive and used secure tokens on the comptuer as well as 4 manual passwords just to get on. No one was gonna find out about my obsession! After that, I locked the computer away in the closet right after taking out the ram and disconnecting the hard drive power cable. Then, I locked my room door. I don't think anyone in the world could have seen that I had LBT movies. 
Didn't a person that was "supposedly" your friend get past your encryption and found the lbt movies and make fun of you for a month? Heck, i would try and hide my passion for lbt as well if that happened to me.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Didn't a person that was "supposedly" your friend get past your encryption and found the lbt movies and make fun of you for a month? Heck, i would try and hide my passion for lbt as well if that happened to me.

Yeah.  That was just when I had the stupid admin password on the computer.  They're useless. <_< I had no other form of protection yet.  He just used an admin password cracker on a flash drive and got right in.  I hadn't encrypted anything yet.  My mistake! -_-

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Never hid a thing about LBT, Disney, etc.  The puppets, figurines, pictures, are all out there for you to see in broad daylight.  I think I turned out fine.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Before my parents I don¥t hid anything, but before my friends.... :huh: