The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Possible upcoming change in Work Week

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I knew of this being a possibility of happening a few weeks back, but I didn't want anyone to get too concerned.  However, details of today's newspaper changed my mind in all that.

My home state is actually having many work facilities change the work week from 8 hours a day, 5 days a week to 10 hours a day, 4 days a week.  This was a normal practice conducted by several companies at BYU and spread to other companies within my home state.  They found it to be more productive for the normal human worker than expected.  This is mainly because a lot of people that have a job end up going through a lot of stress.  Having an extra day to relieve that stress helps in the over all health of the employee.  It also had benefits with the economy.  Apparently, companies that changed to the 10 hours a day, 4 days a week saved money and got to have less downsizing during money problems.

The mayor of my home state has decided to make this a major state-wide thing with nearly every company that does the 40 hours a week schedule by August.  Exactly which companies will change to the 10 hours a day, 4 days a week schedule is unknown, but we'll see when the time comes.

What this basically means for me is that my time on the internet might be changing when this comes into effect.  I'm not sure if the place I work at will change their schedules to accommodate this new ruling, but we'll see what happens.

By August though, we'll see what happens.

Well, see ya later! :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For the individual I can see it  having good and bad points.  Hopefully they'll be mainly good points.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I've heard about this change supposedly to help people cut down on driving into work one less day of the week. :)  I'd like to see how this all works out.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hope it doesn't put too much of a strain on ya.  I know from experience that you don't have the most desirable hours right now.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hopefully things will work out for the better for you.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 27 2008 on  08:05 PM
Hope it doesn't put too much of a strain on ya.  I know from experience that you don't have the most desirable hours right now.
Too true I don't!  My boss just doesn't want to give me the hours I desire because I'm the only one that works in the area I'm assigned.  However, I've worked at that company for 3 years and they have yet to meet my demands.  To be fully honest, I don't know how much longer I can last there emotional-wise.  My dad says I should stay with the company and look for a different field of work in there to keep my benefits.  However, a part of me is saying that I should have nothing to do with the company and go somewhere else entirely.

Seriously, at this point, I'm too confused at what to do.  Hopefully, if this comes into effect, I can make things go my way for once. -_-

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If it does you could use the extra day to see if you can find work elsewhere.