The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How did you find the GOF?

Petrie. · 241 · 45436

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^where have you read about LBT 14 if you don't mind me asking? If it was DeviantArt then it was possibly a comment of mine :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
whoa, I still didn't post there?

I found this forum after I typed "outcut land before time scenes" in google search.  :rolleyes:
yeah...

after realising there's HUGE LBT community, I started to lurk you for years
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, that's pretty much my story too. After finding the topic about the deleted scenes, it wasn't a long step to discover the GOF in its entirety. It took me time to register even initially as I rarely join any sites but eventually I gave in to the urge to do so.  :DD The thing is, I pretty much quit posting after some time as I thought I had little to contribute. I never stopped following GOF nor did I lose interest in LBT but I find the motivation to return only last year. I'm glad I did. :)

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
For me, it's quite a story. I discovered this forum in mid 2014, and before that, I was
suffering from mild depression and anxiety. See, I got back from a trip to South
Africa with my dad, and long trips sometimes don't mix well with me.                                 Anyway, I had anxious thoughts about things which obviously wouldn't happen but
I also didn't feel like myself. I paced at times and my appetite was low. I lost around
6 pounds from the appetite decrease.
After a few months, I recovered, and some weeks after fully recovering I rediscovered
Land Before Time. Relieved after the ordeal, I enjoyed searching for clips and songs
of the original and sequels. Soon I found a fanart picture from Dalekdino, and I
discovered this forum. For over two years, I was just a guest on this site, since I didn't
really join any site or forum, but soon Dalekdino inspired me to join, and by
March 2017, I signed up and now am a member of such a friendly community.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I spend a majority of my time writing and reading fanfiction. Last year, I decided I'd start reading LBT stories on FF.net after being away from LBT for years (which is what growing up did to me!), and while I was reading some very interesting stories, some of them mentioned this forum and the fanfic challenge prompts. My good British friend on DeviantArt told me I should start posting stories on places other than just FF.net so I could make my stories readable to more people and expand my audience, so I took his advice. I'm happy to say I've been enjoying my time here so far, and it's been an interesting first year!
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I posted on here when I was still very much new to this forum, but I guess it doesn't hurt to post here again, does it?

Around June of 2012 was when I rediscovered LBT and fell in love with it. I thought I found this forum via Google searching, but upon re-reading the previous post I made here, I was actually on a fan blog run by pokeplayer984. I guess a link must've been there, otherwise I would not have found this forum. This was when I was just getting into the fandom, and I lurked here for a few months before I finally joined. I've been here ever since, although I've been significantly absent from posting for a couple of years here for one reason or another.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually forget how I found GOF. I know it was around when I first revisited LBT last year, and I want to say I found it through the LBT wiki.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
to be completely honest i actually found the GOF around 2012 or a few years before that, but I just never got around to actually joining. Then, earlier this year I heard about the fanfic prompt challenges and decided to join. And so, here I am! :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
So, a bit of a quickie. Although I'd seen the first film way before I read my first LBT fic, it never occurred to me to look up an online community of Land Before Time fans. I legitimately thought it would be too niche to possibly find.

Thus, the first mention I'd seen of GOF was in Rhombus' The Seven Hunters on FFN. To be more precise, the Author's Notes section where this site is namedropped quite often. I then came across a few more mentions and assumed that it was an FFN Community Forum (funnily enough, the Fanfic Prompt Challenge actually is just that), so I didn't bother.

Fast forward to June 2018 prompt challenge. I'd read both The Road's End, The Friendship's Rebirth and A Swim of Silence, both great prompt entries that won me over and made me decide I liked this "Gang of Five forum" enough to join despite my usual wariness and apprehensiveness... then realized it wasn't a FFN forum but a web forum, which made the whole wariness thing moot to begin with.

And thus I joined as a member. :D
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Started trying to find out if a fourteenth LBT film would ever happen back in 2013, and I stumbled onto this forum. I lurked on it for a year and a half before joining in early 2015.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Hawk

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I was looking up some songs from all of the LBT sequels and I saw the link to this forum on the wiki. I was so surprised to see that there's still an active fanbase! And so I joined immediately of course.

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Only Petrie knows this but I might just share it with everybody  :D

Oh well it all started when I was pretty much a kid, with the 9th lbt movie my mother and went to the store one day and bought a whole bounce of movies and
among them was lbt 9 I remember likening that movie so much I rewatched it like 20 times a day and after some time I found out there was a lot of those movies so I went and bought the 5th movie and I remember chomper became my favorite character I wasn't so good with numbers so I just bought any lbt movie in any order. And over time I stopped watching lbt until about 2 years ago when my dog passed I was pretty depressed so I started to watch old childhood movies and I eventually found lbt again and then I decided to watch every movie and oh god that was the first time I saw the lbt original and a movie has never made me cry so much   and directly  fell in loves with movies but at the same I had no one to talk to about these movies so I started to google discussions about lbt and theory's and eventually found the gang of five

When I found the Gof forums I instantly fell in love with it reading every posts and discussion how you guys showed such passion for this movie really got to me and I really felt I wanted to be apart of the community you guys created. But I wasn't sure if I would make an account or not but about I year ago I finally decided to just make it but then I never received the email confirmation so I was stuck just waiting for the email and then just about 2 weeks ago or a month ago I tried to log in and it worked I was SO HAPPY and now I'm here :rainbowwave

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I initially found the forum from Rhombus' fanfiction.net profile, and since I was very interested in LBT I decided to check this place out. Like crazyg, I too had few problems when trying to create an account here first, and because of that I decided to quit trying. Until one day I thought about trying again, and to my delight, it worked.  :smile

So far this community has been one of the best that I've ever interacted with in my life, and I can't wait to see what the year will bring with it.  :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I found the Gang of Five Forum via the link on TLBT wiki. I was already browsing that site for a while, and I didn't notice the link until a little bit after. Of course, I also lurked around here before deciding to register. I mean why not, being surrounded in a good community wouldn't hurt. Reading and posting here could be a good downtime for me, indeed.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I was browsing around on the Land Before Time page on TV Tropes, and it mentioned that there's an active fanbase and a forum for the series. This got me interested, as I wanted to talk about the series with other fans. I then did a Google search for "Land Before Time forum", and it brought me here. I lurked around for about a month before finally registering.

Interesting to see that a couple of the members had problems with their registrations. For me it worked just fine.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Interesting to see that a couple of the members had problems with their registrations. For me it worked just fine.
You got lucky! You joined just a few days after we stopped having issues :D

Our email system was down for a few months. So while new member accounts were being manually activated by us, they would never receive an email stating that they could access the forum. Most would forget about it and move on, luckily some decided to check back in sometime after. :yes

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Oh wow, that was a stroke of good luck on my part. Especially because my registration could very well have happened sooner. It was in December 2018 when I rediscovered the original movie and fell in love with it, and even later on during the few weeks when I was lurking, I was already thinking of joining.

Do you guys know what caused your email system to shut down?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
You got lucky! You joined just a few days after we stopped having issues

I thought the fault was my own, that maybe I had accidentally given a wrong email address or something like that. But like I said in my previous post, I decided to check again after sometime, and that was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made.  :smile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I googled Land Before Time Forums and found GoF. It is my LBT sanctum. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

caspyartist

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
my answer is a kinda short n simple one, but despite me being a new member, I actually came across this site back in February this year when I was looking to see if there were any Land Before Time sites out there. I was surprised to see how active it was here! now this is my go to place to chat about Land Before Time stuff  :)petrie
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:22:28 AM by caspyartist »