The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda: Rise of the Hollow

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Huang Yu?" Shen asked, narrowing his eyes, and not lowering his guandao just yet. "And... what exactly are you doing in here? It's not exactly the most homiest of places, is it?" he pressed.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When the figure appeared Chaka adopted a ready stance, which due to his style he learned looked he was casually standing there and wasn't a fighting stance, like most martial arts which have obvious ready or fighting stances.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
The toad nodded his head in response to his name and still held the carefree, passive grin on his face. With his walking stick he reached out, and slowly lowered Shen's weapon till it was pointing at the floor. "Now, now, there is no need for violence here. It would be my pleasure to answer any and all questions you have." he said as he looked Shen in the eyes. "It appears I was waiting for you all. I have been in this cave for seven months just waiting for something to come along. You all are the first, so it must be important." He then glanced over to the cheetah and asked a question of his own. "Would be too much trouble to accompany your group here?"

Monkey looked around and asked the others. "Well, he doesn't seem to pose a threat... I say we bring him along. After all he might be good for a laugh or two." he said with a chuckle.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Tai Lung shrugged.
"As long as you aren't afraid of soul-devouring demons and such coming after us, I see no trouble."
He said calmly, slinging his nine-ring blade back onto his shoulder. Behind them, Makoto relaxed, lowering his hand from the scabbard of his sword as Boss Wolf breathed a sigh of relief...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Laughs?" Viper asked Monkey, giving him an incredulous look. That was all Monkey though, trying to make light of any situation.

Shen rocked his head back upon hearing how long this toad had been in these caves. "Seven months? G-good lord!" he stammered. "If you've been in here so long... tell me... are there any... monsters living within these caves?" the peacock inquired. "We've heard stories but... if you've survived in here for seven months then... perhaps they're false." he said, a hint of hope flecking his voice.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The voices of the group sent soft echos through the cave which caught the attention of a young coyote who had settled on the upper level.

"They never know when to give up, do they" He mused.

The coyote stood up and cut one of three ropes that were tied to the cliff face.

------------

Right above the groups head, a spiked ceiling dropped towards them before coming to a stand still just above them with a clang.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen reacted quickly, lowering his body and trying to move to the side before he realized it was futile... there was nowhere to go.

Viper darted forward and turned around, hoping the others would follow... but it was a false alarm. The spiked ceiling stopped inches above them. "Huh?" she asked, looking around. "Did someone trip that?" she asked aloud.

"I didn't step on anything... at least I don't think." Shen murmured, straightening up. "What is with this place anyway?" he demanded. "First a toad that's been waiting for us, and now traps! It's looking less and less like monsters and more and more like contrivances." He hissed.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka looked around, "It could be that one of us did unknowingly trip the trap, or someone watching may have.  Perhaps to try to scare us into leaving. Adding to the legend and myth of this place."

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Too easy." The coyote muttered with a chuckle. Cutting another rope, this time to rotten corpses, hung by the neck, dropped down in front of the group.

"That should give them quite a shock."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen started at the sight of the rotting corpses dropping down in front of him. "Yah!" he exclaimed, quickly slashing with his guandao into one before realizing it was already dead. "What is WITH this place?!" he asked now. "Are any of us stepping on buttons on the floor... triggering this stuff?" he demanded now, looking around, and trying not to move.

(runner up)
(runner up)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Due to his biology as a toad and being low to the ground as it was, Huang Yu didn't move an inch, instead he simply looked up at the spiked ceiling with a grin and then began to chuckle. He then glanced to the others as he commented with a carefree tone, "Ya know, I've been standing on the trip wire for that trap for about an hour now... I was beginning to think it was broken. Guess time makes fools of us all."

Monkey having ducked to avoid the trap as well he laughed for a moment after hearing the toads comment, as he looked over at Master Viper and saide, "See what did I tell you, he's funny. But we also have a missiono. We should get moving."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Viper nodded, a bit put-off by those hanging corpses. She slithered out ahead of the group, and began working her way forward.

"Yes... let's be on our way." Shen susurrated. "Very morbid place we've stumbled into... wonder who set these traps, and why? Oh yes and... we were interrupted but... about the monsters who supposedly dwell in these caverns... you've been here seven months... seen anything like that?" the peacock asked Huang Yu again as they continued on.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The coyote chuckled as he heard the group freak, but stopped when he heard a familiar voice.

"Could it be?" He muttered, getting up and watching the group make their way through the cave, a leucistic peacock stood out from the rest of them.

The coyote smiled, he had admiration for Shen, though he sometimes hated to admit it.

With that he cute a third and final rope, activating the last of his traps.

---------------------------------

Down below the group were suddenly snatched up in a next that had been laid there, the dangled just off the cliff face where the coyote dwelled.

"Shen of Gongmen city. T'is an honor to finally meet you." The coyote spoke, approaching them.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen's iron claws lashed out, and began slicing the ropes that encircled the group in the net. With a set of snaps, they began parting, and once he was able to move a bit more amidst the jumble of bodies, one of his knives soon appeared, and he slashed a few more of the ropes. "Ohoho! Yes! A real honor to be trundled up like a sack of vegetables!" Shen chuckled sarcastically, rolling his red eyes. "And that's LORD Shen to you!" he snapped. He wasn't sure if he was technically in line for the throne, but he didn't care. He wouldn't tolerate insolence from someone he'd never met!

"I hope you're ready to fall... cause I'm about to cut us down..." He informed the others in the net.

"I can't tell how far off the ground we are!" Mantis said, climbing out of the net and looking down.

"Probably not that far!" Shen retorted, hacking away at a few more of the ropes as the net began to weaken.

"Who are you?" Viper asked the coyote, moving on top of Po's body for support.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka closed his eyes, relaxing and began to mediate.  Then he opened his eyes, doing an open eyed style mediation.  He used his levitation ability so he'd not fall when the rope net was cut enough.  Then he used some of the pk ability to grasp his staff ans separate it to reveal an inch or so of it's blade.  Then hooking 2 fingers around a bit of the rope net he started to move the rope up and down against the sharp blade, cutting through it, keeping his fingers separated so he'd not risk cutting them.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The coyote pulled the net over to the ground he was on.

"Sorry about that, m'lord. But I am a bit weary of intruders." He explained

The coyote then cleared his throat.

"I am Tuang Jan, a Shaolin monk of Ling Pei temple, or rather, was."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen sliced through several more ropes, creating a big enough opening for the group to exit by, just as they were dumped onto the ground the coyote was on. Shen tumbled out, but used his iron claws to skid to a halt. "That's better." Shen mumbled at Tuang Jan's mention of his title. "But I don't appreciate being treated like some common intruder! It's not like you live here, after all!" Shen replied, though admittedly wasn't sure if the coyote did live here or not. But so what if he did? It was an ancient road! You couldn't monopolize a road... could you?

The peacock began adjusting his robes, making sure they weren't damaged or torn. "Yes well... I'm sure your sob story is very sad but..." Shen began, not even looking at him at first until Viper whacked his wing with her tail. "Ow! How dare you strike me!" he challenged, glaring at her.

"We should listen to what he has to say!" Viper shot back, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. She slithered towards Tuang Jan now. "Apologies, brother coyote. What do you mean by, 'was?'" she asked him, Shen frowning at her but turning his eyes upwards now to hear what he figured would be another "sob story."

(runner up)
(runner up)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The coyote though for a second.

"I was a dedicated monk. I admired you, Shen. I never really knew why, but I did. Others kind of avoided me for that reason.

Then the Grand master was murdered, I was accused and exiled. Having nowhere else to go, I've resided her for eleven months now." Tuang Jan explained, before reaching into a sack for  a rice ball and nibbling on it a bit.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto relaxed, loosening his grip on his swords as he slid them back to their resting position behind his back.
"Wait, the Grand Master of the Ling Pei was murdered?  That's...unfortunate..."
He said, sighing and looking away.  Above the group, Boss Wolf struggled, foot caught in the net awkwardly.
"Ah...guys?  Help?"
He muttered...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka floated slowly to the ground as the net fell from around them.  Landing softly and without a sound.  "It is most unfortunate, and sad news.  Sounds like they did not look into the murder or have an expert at solving crimes look into it." He said as he adjusted his hat and pushed on his staff with both hands to bring it back together fully.